• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Worst Disc Golf Advertising Campaign Ever!!!

this thread has to be the best thing that could have happened to his company starting out.

mmyersdisc, what tournament are you referring to Nov. 15?

this thread has to be the best thing that could have happened to his company starting out.

mmyersdisc, what tournament are you referring to Nov. 15?

Just posted it up....12th Annual Turkey Shootout at oxbow...its a B-tier event! Its actually the only B tier event around the midwest on that weekend! Hopefully that brings in a higher attendance! This thread did help him, but only to this community..not all disc golfers are on this site!

Just posted it up....12th Annual Turkey Shootout at oxbow...its a B-tier event! Its actually the only B tier event around the midwest on that weekend! Hopefully that brings in a higher attendance! This thread did help him, but only to this community..not all disc golfers are on this site!

true, but the word of mouth that this has created is sure to be a huge FREE bump advertising. All discers may not be on this site, but it certianly has helped.

one more uptight DB to add to the ignore list..keep 'em coming

LOL That's funny since I was the one who started the thread and I was the one with the typos, why wouldn't I feel you were naming me. I can assure you Im as laid back as it is but when someone insults me, "numbskull", I tend to take offense. I find it comical that you would refer to me as a "DB" when you go around insulting people because you perceive them to be dumb. I meant this thread to be light and funny and of course here comes 80played to start sh%t whats new.

No offense but are you sure you're qualified to review the flight of disc golf discs?

No. I'm not sure I am. But I am sure that I am good at talking to people, and putting discs in their hands for a round.

I can hand them to the guys that designed the Naples course, and the Greater Rochester Disc Golf Club, I can get Jeremy from Roc City Disc Golf to give them a throw.

My expertise here is not as a disc golf player, but as a marketer.

\/\/

Also, I didn't ask him for free discs. I asked him for a bulk rate so I can get a bunch of his stuff and pass it around to a lot of hands.

I also promised more from the relationship than free discs.

I want him to succeed just because I love the business world, and I'd love to help out. And I love this *game* and I love this *sport* (yes, two different things there) and I would love to help make some mark on it, even if it's in the roundabout way of helping somebody else sell some discs.

If I can't get any advanced discs or bulk rates...I'll still buy one of each of his molds and take them to the local courses and let them fly. Then even if I don't throw them all the time I'll keep them in my car so I can talk people into trying them.

And I still agree, the advertisement was lacking in information, the picture was fine. But it needed to tell you some of their mission statement, some of their info...and the website needs to say SOMETHING.

\/\/

ABC Discs is far from the worst Ad in DiscGolfer... that award should go to Clearwater Disc Golf (p55).

It's a full page ad w/ a Blue on Black color palatte, 1/16" type-set and 22 tiny discrete photos, 2 different tel #'s in different locations and a mysterious alien that is found on a line of bongs.

The misinformation is a bad marketing decision. Don't post on your website that you have 5 approved discs when any player out there can pull up PDGA disc list. You might be fine shooting for families and church groups but the money's in the players who buy new discs in each plastic available and you'll definitely lose points with them by appearing shady.

ABC Discs is far from the worst Ad in DiscGolfer... that award should go to Clearwater Disc Golf (p55).

It's a full page ad w/ a Blue on Black color palatte, 1/16" type-set and 22 tiny discrete photos, 2 different tel #'s in different locations and a mysterious alien that is found on a line of bongs.

LOL Agreed it looks like an add for a cheesy head shop.

although it is a great shop you have to see online to make it even make sense.