• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thrift Store DG finds.

i've been to at least 50+ different thrift stores in the tri-county area.
never seen a disc.

saw a mini frisbee once, and some cheap humphrey flyers, but that was it.

I got some really crappy discraft discs at a garage sale for a buck each. They were misprints.
Xclone and some marauders, I think.

I'm staying in just long enough to type this before I head to the nearest thrift store! Great idea--never thought of it! I'm just trying to imagine some scenarios where people would donate precious, precious DG discs to their local thrift store, lol. Any real DGers would just keep throwing those beat-in flippy discs or try to trade em. The only thing I can think of is a couple whose getting a divorce and the soon-to-be ex-wife ( or husband, to be fair) takes all husband's disc collection down to the local Goodwill store, along with all the clothes, etc. In that case, somebody could clean up!

Keep this in mind, I don't live in a prominent disc golf area. So this was akin to stumbling upon a needle in a haystack.
My wife is a property manager here in Myrtle Beach, and she organized a Community wide garage sale. And beings that I am her husband, always puts me at the top of the list of her recruitments.

Anywho...

Walking around aimlessly, I just happened to see a frisbee looking thing at the bottom of a clear tote. I went over, and it turned out to be a 90's stamp Dx Shark in excellent shape. For 75 cents! Bonus!:hfive:

The funny thing was, when the lady asked me if I had ever played before, I just pointed to my truck, which was only a few feet away, with the Innova Disc Golf license plate on it.

The great thing is that the people at the Goodwill frequently have no idea of the actual worth of their items. You could easily find a 30.00 disc for .99

It is amazing what people give away. I'll have to start looking, I just hope I don't run into another situation like the guy up in Canada who had his stuff stolen that then ended up in a thrift store, where someone bought it and put it up on Ebay, with his PDGA Mini with PDGA # on it. By the way, good work DGCR on that one and helping the guy get his discs back.

I play with that guy in tourny's....and boy was he glad to get his gear back

PIAS

Many of you mentioned that you can find great deals at Play It Again Sports, but I have been to three so far here in Colorado and they are a complete rip off. They sell Star plastic discs for $19.99 and Champion plastic discs for $15.99. Granted they are all new, but still...

I did get lucky because one of the stores marked these brand new Ions as "Innova DX Backstamps" and charged only $8 a piece for them. I picked up a couple. :hfive:

Many of you mentioned that you can find great deals at Play It Again Sports, but I have been to three so far here in Colorado and they are a complete rip off. They sell Star plastic discs for $19.99 and Champion plastic discs for $15.99. Granted they are all new, but still...

I did get lucky because one of the stores marked these brand new Ions as "Innova DX Backstamps" and charged only $8 a piece for them. I picked up a couple. :hfive:

The best/worst thing about Play It Again is how they mess up the pricing on plastic types. The one by my house sells KC Pro Rocs for 21.99, but they always mix up ESP and Pro-D prices on discraft discs, so I've gotten a few brand new ESP discs for 8.99

I buy a majority of my physical education equipment at thrift stores, including the materials for my homemade targets. I have gotten 3 bags and actual frisbees, but never discs.

I wonder if DI up there has any. I'll have to check out the big one down on 45th the next time I'm up that way.

I'm just now starting to see stuff on craigslist this last few weeks. Before that it was barren as far as disc golf was concerned ..

I have scored some serious deals on craigslist, I traded 2 dx and $20 for 7 premium discs.

I'm a no hassle shopper if I can help it. I would opt to visit a DG vendor or shop online rather than look around thrift stores.

Last edited:
i dont make it a point to go to the thrift shops to look for discs...but if i am ever at them, i look. i don't think anyone who posted here actually says "lets go get discs at Goodwill..." just added bonuses when you can find one there

Latest posts