• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ThrowaEnvy straightening out my Gyro bag for summer

Which Axiom Driver to try: I have all MVP drivers...

• Insanity

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Wrath

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Vanish

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Defy

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Tenacity

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
Might I suggest a Buzzz or Wasp to pair with your Comet? Don't be a stubborn gyronaut, MVP has deserted you on the mids.

Yeah it doesn't pay to be stubborn, I fought for a while to remove the Comet but that was just silliness. I'm out of Wasps, I used to like them, if I hadn't lost my first one things could be different.. Got some Vectors.. still have a few Buzzz's.. I might give them a throw and see. Got my glow 174 for sure since I hit a $250 ace with it, that bought it permanent storage. Got a 180 Z comet from kaiserflippin that pops into that spot too.

I should pull one out and try against the Envy, damn thing flies so far it is pretty much a midrange. Funny thing is I've been seeking a buzzz flight with the Envy.. I just want it to straighten out.

Thanks

Last edited:
Well I better update..

The Ohm is bagable and so is a 162 fission Tesla..

Standard double Nutsac is currently
Ohm
Envy
Another Envy
Spin
Comet
Wave plasma and neutron
Relay
Tesla

Entropy and Crave still find an occasional spot.

Played the public course for the first time in a while, as opposed to my place where I only need a driver for 3/4 holes... had to slim out my bag between rounds. It started same as above but by the end:

Envy: plasma and soft neutron
Ohm
Relay: 152 / 165 Neutron
Tesla 162 fission

The light relay is fresh and was a big star, Ohm did a lot of approach work but flew a little too well. Ohm to run it, Envy to park it... lots of 35'+ comeback putts with Ohm and a lot of cage and near misses, I did get one Ace.

I've got another Ohm coming and a 155 fission tesla.. I'm still having trouble with my Crave / Volt kinda spot.. I really like the Crave and I try to tell myself not getting the extra 20-30' doesn't matter but it doesn't get thrown as much as it should but then when I play a full round there's always a couple holes where I wish I'd had it in the bag. I started bagging it for wind resistance but if it's not windy (often haha) again it doesn't see much action. Hoping the light Tesla will fit the bill but I could see it being headwind flippy.

Well it's fun reading back I guess I should have called this my itb thread.. Stupid poll haha.

... looks like I might try an insanity again, a 156 cosmic, se :D looks like the votes are strong for that one. I'd like to get out and try my inertia and vanish again and my heavier plasma waves first.

My bag hasn't changed much in the last year: I did get a new nutsac double 2.0:

Envy
Ohm x 2
Comet Esp and Z
Relay
Wave plasma and fission
Tesla fission and cosmic se

Messing with a reactor, crave and pilot for night rounds.. They are adequate.

Still looking for something in the straight distance category, I've found the fission waves a little tippy downhill. The inertia fades a little too much last time I threw it. Try a insanity 156 instead of that 165 I has having trouble gauging when it would turn and when it wouldn't but if I could turn a light one for 75 percent of flight that would be good. Plus I just really like that stamp. It would be nice if it had a bit more stability hss and range than a relay but still a soft or low fade.

Working on about 5-6 relays right now, neutron and cosmic.

The talk about greatest throwing putter ever makes me wonder about trying to beat my soft electron envy into the spin slot.. The ohms do a lot of work for me these days, especially as the fade has worn out of the yellow one for those long tunnels.

Last edited:
Still looking for something in the straight distance category, I've found the fission waves a little tippy downhill. The inertia fades a little too much last time I threw it.

I forget - have you tried Neutron Waves? That's what I use for straight distance. On downhill throws I find it hyzer flips to straight nicely, BH or FH. Neutron Wave just seems to have a "notch" at straight flight, but once it starts turning it ain't coming back (mine are around 157 fwiw).

I tried carrying Neutron and Plasma Waves for a while. Plasma is a little easier to turn, but they are too similar for me to carry both.

I forget - have you tried Neutron Waves? That's what I use for straight distance. On downhill throws I find it hyzer flips to straight nicely, BH or FH. Neutron Wave just seems to have a "notch" at straight flight, but once it starts turning it ain't coming back (mine are around 157 fwiw).

I tried carrying Neutron and Plasma Waves for a while. Plasma is a little easier to turn, but they are too similar for me to carry both.

Yeah you know that's a solid call, I have a few cosmic neutron waves.. They didn't seem too bad but I almost forgot I had them. Started looking on the disc vendor and I'm like yeah I have 1-2 of those haha. I also have my first one the 165? Or 155? Neutron that almost made me drop the mold because it was too stable. :)

My cosmic are 157?ish

I got a few fission waves too.. I think a 147 and 162...

I should throw them more, I'm snowed in so I should probably stop looking for stuff to buy.

Any idea how proton waves fly? Haha
Which Wave has the least LSS?

Last edited:
Yeah you know that's a solid call, I have a few cosmic neutron waves.. They didn't seem too bad but I almost forgot I had them. Started looking on the disc vendor and I'm like yeah I have 1-2 of those haha. I also have my first one the 165? Or 155? Neutron that almost made me drop the mold because it was too stable. :)

My cosmic are 157?ish

I got a few fission waves too.. I think a 147 and 162...

I should throw them more, I'm snowed in so I should probably stop looking for stuff to buy.

Any idea how proton waves fly? Haha
Which Wave has the least LSS?

Wave LSS seems to depend on me as much as the disc. When I'm throwing cleanly I get a slight drift and moderate fade from regular Neutrons (157ish), which is what I bag. When I'm sloppy I get more drift and less fade. By keeping the drive low I can mostly eliminate the fade.

Cosmic Neutron was much shorter and stable to overstable for me. Yuck. Plasma was easier to turn, but with similar fade.

Haven't tried Fission Waves. How would you compare Fission to Neutron or Plasma?

Cosmic Neutron was much shorter and stable to overstable for me. Yuck. Plasma was easier to turn, but with similar fade.

Haven't tried Fission Waves. How would you compare Fission to Neutron or Plasma?

Yeah I haven't thrown my 162 cosmic much, maybe two or three mini rounds...

Fission compares to plasma best and it's less stable. I grabbed three of the SE's 147? 155 and 162.. Unfortunately I gave the 155 (my prime weight) away to a guy that works for me as a birthday bonus, since it was the only one I hadn't thrown yet haha. The 162 is just like my 155 plasma, might even have less HSS. I have burned the 162 often on that downhill hole I'm struggling with

Thanks for reminding me to throw what I got.. I wish those sweet plasmas I got off you were better colors! They are all 162-164? I believe.. Whenever you picked those up its a solid run... I should tag a couple and let em land where they may.. My innova tourney bag is set up for practice. One slot for Waves, Inertia and Tesla. Probably 6-7 of each.

DTgJtEa.jpg

Been a while since I been here.. Had to search the title haha.

Finally yeilding to poll pressure again. Why did I put a poll there? I purchased a Mike inscho cosmic neutron insanity.. 159g.. Really like it for the late turn, the plasma 165 I had was a poopy colour and didn't quite hit my speed/ arm. The 159 is pretty golden, next step up from a relay before a crave/inertia/tesla. It's really filling that Relay OS need.

Waves are now too fast for me.. Not hitting the sweet spot anymore in my armspeed, I got two knee braces though and hoping I can do better ha, feeling old.. Plus my forms way off. Too many vids and messing around... found some cool components I was missing but too jumbled.

Big hitters still Comet/ Envy/ Ohm.. Relay of course, dabbled with a heavier 168 cosmic, great flight but I couldn't find the f in thing. Dumped it on auction for more than I paid :D. Insanity is finding a home for now, tough only having one....

Tesla is still happening in its many forms and plastics. Craves still chomping at the ankles but hasn't found a permanent home.

Insanities are where it's at my man. I throw the crap outta mine. You'd probably love it ....nice 157 neutron. I throw it every place I can, and even some places I shouldn't.

Insanities are where it's at my man. I throw the crap outta mine. You'd probably love it ....nice 157 neutron. I throw it every place I can, and even some places I shouldn't.

Yeah I probably would haha.. I'm getting the Roadrunner comparison this time but a beat up lighter one might be key. The FB page I've been hanging out on part time is doing a trades only posts Saturday, might go fishing and see what I catch! Maybe a nice 6/10 sub 160g. :D

I was tempted to pull the vanish out of retirement but the insanity could be the gap filler I'm looking for. The crave is too slow but pretty wind resistant, and the insanity looks like it could cut some crazy lines

Last edited:
I purchased a Mike inscho cosmic neutron insanity.. 159g.. Really like it for the late turn, the plasma 165 I had was a poopy colour and didn't quite hit my speed/ arm. The 159 is pretty golden, next step up from a relay before a crave/inertia/tesla. It's really filling that Relay OS need.

Interesting. 157 Plasma Insanity is my jam. If I could only have one driver, that would probably be it. But you probably throw farther than me - most people do. :rolleyes:

For me, Neutron Insanity would compete with *TL, and I just know what the *TL will do. But if I went on a mold minimization kick, Neutron and Plasma Insanity and a G*RR would cover my fairway needs.

Interesting. 157 Plasma Insanity is my jam. If I could only have one driver, that would probably be it. But you probably throw farther than me - most people do. :rolleyes:

No no, I'm sure you throw further than me... haha.

"If I could only have one driver...." Haha and that's how it's getting bag space, much like my maligned love the switch, the insanity is doing a lot of what it could do playing my three disc rounds at home. It's in the right place for me for solid FH/BH usage. Powers down or up well. I also like a fat rim, I don't know how it feels fatter than an inertia but it does, to me anyways. And I'm crazy.

So.. I messed around with my swing, forgot how to throw... remembered my grip just before the tourney.. Shot an abysmal par first day with an overstuffed bag.. -10 the second day with back to basics. I had to kick the insanity for a bit.. Kept the tesla in for a couple holes but didn't really use it.

Final bag day 2

Ohm x 2
Envy x 2 165 custom plasma, 173 SE Widow neutron
165g FR relay
172g flat top esp comet
160 ish eclipse se crave
158 neutron se tesla (cosmic reaper)

Did some good FH work with the Crave, I'm warming up to it again because it went where it should. I'm pretty solid on that slot but of course I tripped across a 165g neutron volt with a "the Flash" dye done on it. Fundraiser for baskets, I auctioned some minis to contribute as well. I'm hopeful on that Volt.

Bought a gstar roadrunner too for old times sake.. Really enjoying it!

Last edited:
-10 the second day with back to basics.

Well if you are 10 strokes better with your "back to basics" bag, that seems pretty clear. But G* RRs are fun discs. As is the Insanity, etc. etc. Hence the problem.

But it sounds like you have the answer, when you are keeping score . . .

But it sounds like you have the answer, when you are keeping score . . .

Yup answer is when you feel old and out of tune stick to slow discs... and less of them.

The Relay and Comet were the backbone... dumped the heavy comet, wave, insanity and Spin. It also helped I had nothing to lose and was ace running.

There's a change in the wind, a certain Voltage in the air... :D

I think it's time to finally do the right thing and shelve the craves for awhile.. I think I'm having some nose up kinda issues and the only one I can get to turn is the eclipse se. Like I can get it to turn but.... Not intuitive..

Got my hands on a freak 165 neutron Volt.. Much better results goes a lot more places I think it should and with more confidence in the shot. Those things are forgiving by comparison.. Could be my current lack of power which is why I shelved my heavier FR volts.

So I'm thinking one unicorn for another.. Drop the se crave for a tough to replace Volt and keep an eye out for a fission domey or another freak 165 N.. If I can get my body moving right (I'm desperate enough to try yogahaha) the 172 FR is there for me or I've got a club stamp (hahaha crap!) 162 fission. I like it as a wall hanger but I'm committing.

I'm thinking cosmic relay 170 or less to complement my beat 165 and 155 (2nd in line) keep working the stack of backups and stick to what worked last tourney. A bunch of the threads recently had me thinking about the "fairway gap" . I need to get over my minimalism and pack 2 relays. I got two envy's. :) and wolfey made me think of that cosmic I dumped...

If only my ramblings could be contained in a single thread haha.

Still haven't received my 162 fission volt, should be next week... but I did pull out a 159 cosmic Relay. A little dumpy and less relay than others I've thrown, decent FH disc, definitely the Relay OS I've been looking for even at that weight. Top on it is board flat.

I think this will bring the backbone of the bag down to three molds...

2x envy, 165 plasma and either a heavy neutron on eclipse
2x relay, 160 ish, beat neutron and a cosmic
Comet still just one, whichever I feel best about. I'd like to do two but it goofs me up. Best to bag a straight one.

Understable? I dunno, could pack the spin or my 171 fr/sr? Esp comet, or a whitler, or my beat ohm. I'm hoping I can do Hex/ Comet but we will see.

After that Volt and Tesla and optional Wave/ insanity for distance when I feel like it again. Less tricky discs more workhorses.

Latest posts