• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

I got an offer of 200.00 and a mint protostar destroyer for two matching proto blueberry thunderbirds w/ red stamps.

I know the color is desirable, but does that offer seem on the high side to anyone else? I am trying to justify selling them to myself but still on the fence.

Forgot, there is a section for my post above.

I have a max weight proto thunderbird that flies like a slightly longer brinster teebird. That being said I prefer my 169g gstar thunderbird, I like to forehand it w/ a hyzer release and watch it flip up and glide for ages.

I got an offer of 200.00 and a mint protostar destroyer for two matching proto blueberry thunderbirds w/ red stamps.

I know the color is desirable, but does that offer seem on the high side to anyone else? I am trying to justify selling them to myself but still on the fence.

If you're not going to throw them, sell them. I've got one Asia Open Thunderbird that I've been throwing since they were released. If someone offered me a decent amount for it I'd sell it right out of my bag, walk into a store and buy a stock stamp one. They would fly almost exactly the same.

yeah thats definitely on the high side

If you're not going to throw them, sell them. I've got one Asia Open Thunderbird that I've been throwing since they were released. If someone offered me a decent amount for it I'd sell it right out of my bag, walk into a store and buy a stock stamp one. They would fly almost exactly the same.

:thmbup: Same here...some discs may have some special value to you but no disc is worth that much.

I've thrown every version of the Thunderbird, except for the Glow and Proto. Those Asia Open are $$$! That's the only version sitting in my bag at the moment!

I've thrown every version of the Thunderbird, except for the Glow and Proto. Those Asia Open are $$$! That's the only version sitting in my bag at the moment!

I do really like the Asia Open but I'm really enjoying the swirly Star Thunderbirds too. They have a really nice flight that is a tick less stable than the Asia. I threw it twice on a 405ft hole two weeks ago with a little hyper. The thing flipped up flat, went straight for days a finished smoothly to the left, about 20ft from the basket both times. I think their going to pair really well.

sad it even matters which run you throw being the disc of 2014.
I don't see that. It's much like DX Birds fly different than Star Birds.

All of the Thunderbirds I've thrown are similar. Straight, to an abrupt end. I typically throw Starfire and PDs, so I thought I was going to have overlap. Turns out that's not the case. Thunderbird is between a Firebird and a beefy Destroyer for me.

So how do you rank them in terms of stability, particularly the more readily available runs (star, gstar, champ)?

So how do you rank them in terms of stability, particularly the more readily available runs (star, gstar, champ)?
Stable to least Stable:

Asia Open
Metal Flake Champion
(Glow, from what I heard and understand about Glow)
Star
Champion Release (3x McB3ast)
G*Star

The G*Star and Champion (actually JL) releases can be found in lower weights. Lighter weights can equate into less stability. I do think that the G*Star will season quicker, but has more glide than any run, out of the box.

I'd actually put glow underneath Star. While I haven't thrown a Star yet, people are saying they are beefy and my glow is no beefier than my 3x champ. They're almost identical except I have been using the glow a little longer so it's less stable if anything.

I'd really like to get my hands on a Star, but I have a hard time justifying paying aftermarket prices on those. I've been digging the Metal Flakes; they're just a tick more stable then the 3x and if the stars were a tick more stable then that it'd be great.

I'd really like to get my hands on a Star, but I have a hard time justifying paying aftermarket prices on those. I've been digging the Metal Flakes; they're just a tick more stable then the 3x and if the stars were a tick more stable then that it'd be great.
Star is not more Stable than Metal Flake, IMO. It's not by much, both are Stable, but the Metal Flake is closest to my Asia Open.

Latest posts