• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tightest fairways

Rolling Hills County Park from the long tees on hole 7 is a pretty tough teeshot. (image attached) The narrow fairway + thick rough on both sides of the fairway + a tree in the middle of the fairway 50 feet off the pad + a low ceiling = pretty tight shot. The fairway opens up a little bit ~250 feet off the pad though, so the entire hole isn't super narrow, but there is plenty of room for 5's, 6's, and 7's.

Willow Metro from the long tees is a lot of tight fairways. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=818#

Also, Bluegill hole 3 aka the bowling alley was the first one that came to my mind.

Attachments

• rolling7long.jpg
    rolling7long.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 39
In general the tightest fairways I have played as I take into consideration all the courses in a given area were in Charlotte, NC.

There was one hole at Hornets Nest that was tight all the way and pinched at about 200 ft out to about 1.5 ft wide. Or at least it felt that way at the time. I am guessing with the course closed and being redesigned that it might not be there any more.

The gauntlet is gone.

4f98023c.jpg

^^ Not a fairway ^^

A lot of the pictures I see from NC courses make me think that they just like to walk around the woods with a bag of disc's and a sh!t load of beer. That's the only way some of those courses would be enjoyable.

Last edited:
^^ Not a fairway ^^

A lot of the pictures I see from NC courses make me think that they just like to walk around the woods with a bag of disc's and a sh!t load of beer. That's the only way some of those courses would be enjoyable.

You don't know how good it feels to hit those lines, though.

You don't know how good it feels to hit those lines, though.
This is why the pics in this thread are great: i imagine hitting the line. such a great feeling to hit the line & some great curse words when the line is missed (f#%kin trees).

Todd Park in Austin, MN. I forget the hole number, but it is either 8 or 9. It is barely a service road; thick woods on both sides and a low canopy for something like 600+ feet. The last time out I took it in 3; putter drive, putter drive, putter approach in from 120+ feet. The rest in my group, which were playing best shot to my Cali, were carding 6s and 7s.

The entire course of Basil Marilla in Rochester, NY should be on this list. 2011 Am Worlds players learned that the hard way. Tight as hell, but fair.

Todd Park in Austin, MN. I forget the hole number, but it is either 8 or 9. It is barely a service road; thick woods on both sides and a low canopy for something like 600+ feet. The last time out I took it in 3; putter drive, putter drive, putter approach in from 120+ feet. The rest in my group, which were playing best shot to my Cali, were carding 6s and 7s.

That would be hole #10 (Toms Tunnel). Awful hole. I think it's ~550ft.

From a thread about luck. This is for a single, vertical gap. Tunnels and ceilings would be even luckier for the same angle.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Luckiness.jpg
    Luckiness.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 177
# 17 Deis Hill park Dover, Ohio http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=2516&mode=media&view=&hole=&page=2#
unlike most heavily lined treed fairways that are on flatter ground, on this hole you miss right or your shot kicks right off a tree you could be facing a 40- 60 foot uphill shot towards the basket.

Tightest course I ever played was Johnny Sias private Lucky 8 course in Lavalette, West Virginia

Yeah the doggy is kind of a piece of work...no need to listen to his replies to your word...mental beat down. Only his reviews are sometimes worth reading.

If I had the memory to place a certain hole on a certain course, I would have hundreds to add to this discussion. But, I don't remember. So, the course I will suggest that nobody else will is Bald Eagle, from the long tees. If no single hole stands out as being the tightest (2 and 8 come to mind), it's nearly every hole that has a pin point line that must be hit, and yet I feel they are nearly all fair. Though hole 8's line to the basket is so tight I would consider it unfair, there is the safe shot of laying up to the short pad and getting up and down from there. Hole 9 might be considered the 'tightest' though it's more of a poke and hope (I haven't decided what I will do with it yet, I have lots of ideas, but in its current formation it's brutal).

Then of course there's Golden Eagle, most holes of which could be included in this discussion. Maybe not holes 1 or 2, but for sure 3, 4 and 5. Oh and 6 from the longest configuration that I used in the tourney last fall was brutal, though not the tee I usually play. And hole 7 has a very tight window.

I guess I have a preference for tight lines.

I was going to post up your layout Matt. However, I didn't want peeps thinking your layout is something too craaaazzzy. But, now that I really think about it....

There was a wide righty sidearm shot on that hole as well. I parked the bottom of the steps at worlds and missed my putt...:doh:

Yea I would throw the anny route over that too, but some old dead trees got strategically placed over the gap by the last couple times I played it.

I was going to post up your layout Matt. However, I didn't want peeps thinking your layout is something too craaaazzzy. But, now that I really think about it....

Honestly glad I played it in the dark. Harder to hit what you can't see.

The entire course of Basil Marilla in Rochester, NY should be on this list. 2011 Am Worlds players learned that the hard way. Tight as hell, but fair.

Agreed, very tight course. Some holes are borderline in the fairness department IMO.

Latest posts