• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] TL3 - Evolution of the TL

Give them a throw, I bet you'll be surprised! I for sure was
Yea I've been considering it after my blind purchase.

I'm such a Teebird thrower though... and I'm not sure if the TL can fit in-between or replace anything at the moment.

175g Brinster Champ
175g 11x Champ
167g 11x Champ
171g DX Teebird

Feels like I've got everything at that range covered between these. Plus I have a stack of Pro Shop G-star TB's and some T3's that I'm not even bagging at the moment.

Plastic. One helluva' a drug.

Yea I've been considering it after my blind purchase.

I'm such a Teebird thrower though... and I'm not sure if the TL can fit in-between or replace anything at the moment.

175g Brinster Champ
175g 11x Champ
167g 11x Champ
171g DX Teebird

Feels like I've got everything at that range covered between these. Plus I have a stack of Pro Shop G-star TB's and some T3's that I'm not even bagging at the moment.

Plastic. One helluva' a drug.

Agreed!

I'm a major Teebird guy too. I have a bunch of Brinsters, but I pretty much never need that much beef from a TB, unless its like Winthrop on a big wind day.

I'm rolling w/:
175 S-TB Star freshy (Slower and beefy)
171 11x CAL 7/10 (Fastest with a very late and strong fade)
175 G* TL3 (fast, yet glidey, with similar fade to the CAL, but still a unique line, maybe its jus easier D)

Alternates that make the rotation depending on course/cond:
168g Pearly 11x KCP (Just plain ole butter! Best flying TB ever)
175g Proto GStar TB (very similar to the CAL w maybe a tad less fade)
173g JL gummy-ish (similar to the S-TB, slower and beefier)

I've been on a kick of de-stabilizing my bag some. Its taken a lot of pressure off my body and I get great distance and better control with the less stable stuff. But for the record, I have no problem getting a Destroyer up to speed ;-)

The TL has always seemed like a watered down, garbage, TB to me. Yet I've always like my flat ELs. I dunno why, I just really like this TL3

I think it feels very similar to my beloved C-TD, and sort of flys a similar line. (although the C-TD is a bit understable)

I have had my Gstar TL3 now for only a while but bagged it is. Very straight, even at lots of power and even through headwinds. Yet lacking the fade you would expect from the above.

I had a Star TL in the same package and that one I already resold, had such a huge dome to throw me off totally.

More stable TL is a Teebird, you say? I disagree. People raving about their perfect balls-straight Teebirds always turn out to be like "Ive had it in the bag for 3 years and it is beat to perfection" well yeah, it is hella hard finding perfectly beat teebirds right from the get go. My answer, from the way it looks now, was to get a TL3.

If it helps to put it into perspective, I am not a huge power thrower, but not a complete noodle arm either. Teebirds (unless "perfectly beat") have always been too stable for tunnel shots. Open, non-laser straight shots, I am comfortable with the PD.

After reading this review (http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/innova-tl3-review/) I'm looking forward to the TL3 and will probably get one. I agree with the review that the TL has a touch of turn, when I've really ripped my TL it kicks out a touch to the right then holds; I usually end up with some sizeable skip, but that could be because of short grass and the Star plastic on mine seems to be really slippery. If the TL3 ends up seasoning a tad like the review said and becomes a more stable Leopard, I'll be happy, so I'll definitely try one out when they drop.

They are already in stores.

I haven't found them online yet, and I'm not aware of any mega disc golf stores near me, so I guess I'll just have to wait; shows how much actual shopping I do though :doh:

I haven't found them online yet, and I'm not aware of any mega disc golf stores near me, so I guess I'll just have to wait; shows how much actual shopping I do though :doh:

so basically youre saying you didnt look online..

so basically youre saying you didnt look online..

The main places I look online didn't have them; infinitediscs.com and discgolfstore.com; if there's a better place online to buy discs online then I'm all ears.

Been liking my TL3, nice and straight with a little fade.

However im still not sure on my gstar teebird3.. need more time with it

I actually wound up with a Teebird3 and I like it so far, it's a great compliment to my regular TL and the Gstar plastic is definitely really grippy.

Got a TL3 and a T3 this week and traded both away. The TL3 was ok but it just didn't seem like what a TL should be. I think a good champ TL has more use for this slot...otherwise, get a teebird. T3 was disappointing but maybe they'll beat in to something good. I think Innova should just come up with new names for these new molds and have to pay the PDGA fees...this new-mold-old-name business is getting ridiculous.

I'm very high on this disc. Just amazing glide and control. I'm afraid it's going to be overlooked due to the name and number of new discs these days.

I just picked up a gstar tl3 and really like it. I needed something that doesn't have much fade to compliment my beat tsunami's and valks, this seems like a perfect fit. How are theese beating in?

Latest posts