• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] TL3 - Evolution of the TL

I'm enjoying my TL3, but will probably trade it. It overlaps way too much with my Volt, and that's just not a disc I'm getting rid of.

I'm curious how the TL3's compare to pre-flight stars. Since running out of the PF Star TL's, I've been using some CFR TL's and they are just not the same. I don't need another TL with reduced glide and more fade. I'm looking for the laser straight TL with vary small turn and fade. Does this fit that description?

I'd like to hear some more opinions on these.

How do these compare to the JLS? Anyone thrown these in champ from a CFR yet?

Ditto HiFi: I'm a CE-JLS fiend, so I am always curious about other discs in that realm.

Does the TL3 have less left to right movement overall than a TL (Specifically a Star TL)?

I always felt like the CFR Champ TLs were supremely accurate but not quite as long as the Star version. The CFRs seemed to be a touch more domey, too.

My ideal mate in a TL would be like a 30% beat in Dx Teebird: Striaght out to 350 power, but almost no comeback. (I know....doesn't everyone want a laser?) I am currently using a really seasoned z-Avenger (first run), with a newish first-run Avenger as his over stable companion. I have a supply of the Bat-stamp Z-Avengers, so replenishment isn't a problem, but it always makes me nervous to have a non-readily replicable disc as one of my go-to flyers. In this case, the seasoned avenger. I'd rather be able to buy one off the shelf that will take minimal work to replace.

A CE-JLS is good for this out to about 300, more with more hyzer, and I currently have that as my powered down tunnel/understable workhorse. The gap from a new Z-Avenger to the CE JLS is kind of large.

If this is the TL I will go buy 10 right now.

Kidding. Kind of...

I threw jls's for a while my main experience is with sjls's and mjls's. To me they are more similar to a sjls with the sjls starting out a little more overstable and once it gets beat they will fly pretty similar lines, but with the tl3 being faster and longer. I was practicing tunnel shots with my tl3 and It didn't take very much hyzer to get a very tight s with minimal fade. I was throwing in a soccer practice filed where the goals didn't have any nets. It was no problem to throw through both goals and have the disc land beyond the second goal but still in line with both goals (Hopefully that made sense).

I don't have any tl experince so I can't help you there.

I was practicing tunnel shots with my tl3 and It didn't take very much hyzer to get a very tight s with minimal fade. I was throwing in a soccer practice filed where the goals didn't have any nets. It was no problem to throw through both goals and have the disc land beyond the second goal but still in line with both goals (Hopefully that made sense).

Yeah, that does make sense. I'll have a grouping of these on Thursday, so I'll go throw and see what's what with them. I'm somewhat excited, but cautiously so.

I think I am the sole person who got a Crave and didn't like it at all. So maybe the TL3 will be more my style.

And truth be told, it doesn't really matter...I have a pretty complete bag, I am just trying to make the wheel rounder at this point. But this one slot has been a pesky slot to properly fill for, oh, 10 years.

I picked up a g* TL3 (hoping to use it as a winter disc) and was very surprised at the stability of the flight. The TL3 was dead straight with no turn at all, and an early, gradual fade. Not a ton of glide either. This TL3 definitely had more HSS than my champ 12x Teebird. Even with a headwind this didn't want to turn at all.

Maybe I just got a freak of an overstable TL3, or maybe it needs a little more time to break in. (It got it's first throws ever today).

I'll probably still keep it around for the winter rounds, but I don't see it kicking out the Champ Teebird and S-line FD in my standard bag.

I've noticed that mine is a little nose angle sensitive. If I get the nose up it flies like you are describing, but if I get the nose down and give it a little hyzer it flies a very tight s curve. You may have also gotten a freak overstable one. I also deflashed mine immediately, so that might have something to do with it too.

I've noticed that mine is a little nose angle sensitive. If I get the nose up it flies like you are describing, but if I get the nose down and give it a little hyzer it flies a very tight s curve. You may have also gotten a freak overstable one. I also deflashed mine immediately, so that might have something to do with it too.

I haven't deflashed mine yet, I'll have to give that a try. There may have been a few slightly nose-up shots as well. I'll pay more attention to that next time as well and try throwing lower and flatter.

Next to the envy, this is my favorite disc of the year. I think it's what always secretly wanted from my teebirds.

I threw one today and saw it thrown. For those players whose absolute max is about 350 and prefer a flat champion fairway driver, this is your perfectly seasoned straight flying teebird with good glide and not too much turn or fade. For me it was a great intuitive turnover disc when thrown with speed.

Anyone have experience with light weight tl3s? I'm surprised at how much turn my new 165 has.

I started playing this year. And the TL3 has been my favorite. My first 400' throw and first Ace was with the TL3, I carry a few, all with different level of ware. My oldest 171, has a little bit of turn to it. It flies almost exactly like an FD.
I love how straight the TL3 is, even on forehand shots.
The nose angle observation is true for me as well. Even slightly cocked up, it will soar up in the trees before you know it, but throw flat it just goes.
My first 400' throw was dead straight, only like 10-15' off the ground the whole way.

Love love love the TL3, my most thrown disc.

Maybe I just got a freak of an overstable TL3, or maybe it needs a little more time to break in. (It got it's first throws ever today).

It just needed time to break in.

This is a very sweet disc. I throw it straight with very little fade, on a big hyzer angle for gentle sweeping turns, or on a anhyzer to go the opposite direction before straightening out at the end and gently sitting down without turning into a cut roller.

Yeah, me likey.

The only problem is I also really love my C-line and S-line FD Jackals and this disc competes with them for a slot in the bag.