• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] To bead or not to bead?

To bead or not to bead?

• Beads are teh best

Votes: 33 21.7%
  • Beads are dumb and stuff

Votes: 21 13.8%
  • I swing both ways

Votes: 98 64.5%

• Total voters
My mids are Wasp/Buzzz/Comet I throw beaded putters and putt beadless. I guess I swing both ways.

When my hand springs open for a release, as in throwing a putter, no problem. However, when I actually need some snap, I hate beads. First, it never sits across my grip comfortably; a sharp or big bead actually feels like it is cutting into my hand. Second, even though they should be ripping out of my hand, because of the blunter nose than a driver, there is still some amount of needing the hand to spring open for a clean release. A bead sometimes catches the meaty part of my fingers or finger pads.

Most of the time it is not an issue, a great disc with great results can sometimes mask my overall hatred of beads (Rocs and Roc3s), but I think I will stick with my beadless Truths and Verdicts.

def both. i think there are great beaded and beadless discs, but currently the only thing i throw under fairways without a bead is the polecat.

Beads for everything. I used to throw beadless putters for upshots, now I use beaded for putting, upshots, and drives off the tee.

I will make an exception here and there but I am definitely a bead man.

Info with more individual discs than one or the other but with putters I usually like beads no so much with anything else.

I bag some beaded and some beadles. I won't say it doesn't matter but I don't even think about it I have. For me it's about how the disc feels in my hand and what it does/doesn't do for me. If it happens to be beaded/beadles so be it

I switched to beads after having inconsistent release problems with putters. Found that my mids release cleaner with beads too. Only mid I use without a bead is a Drone .

I switched to beads after having inconsistent release problems with putters. Found that my mids release cleaner with beads too. Only mid I use without a bead is a Drone .

Same here, of all the P&A and mids I throw the Drone is the only beadless of the group. Tried the Gator but it's no Drone.

I roll beadless on alot of stuff, but beads definitely have their place in my bag. I love beaded discs in general, but imo it makes certain putters too deep for my taste.

I voted for, the Beard. I use a judge and like how I have a concrete reference for my index finge placement. But, I bag a glow warden which is a laser beam straight dead nuts putter for driving and upshots, not putting however. So for me I'm liking the bead!

I swing both ways???

my putter and midrange molds have big beads, I love BB's!!

my fairways/distance don't have bead (I know it's "DOH!" but the thread dosn't specify what kind of discs we're talking about...

both ways in the big picture, mids and putters BB all the way!

I voted for, the Beard. I use a judge and like how I have a concrete reference for my index finge placement. But, I bag a glow warden which is a laser beam straight dead nuts putter for driving and upshots, not putting however. So for me I'm liking the bead!

Exactly, except I putt with the Warden. Especially on shaped putts.

I gotta have that bead.

When I started I couldn't stand beads for throwers. Found that I putt better with beads, which lead to throwing beaded putters. Discovered the Comet and the rest is history.

BB Aviars, Rocs/ Ghosts, Comets, and Gators for me.

I don't think I would want to throw a beaded driver though...