• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Today while disc golfing

i dont think a cop would see it as a weapon,

snapshot20090814.jpg

3rd that!

To both Mambrose & SuperSloth, i'm not calling you racist (because that would be ignorant considering I dont know you personally). But what is the relevance of them being black?? If they were white, would you have pointed that fact out?
thats good your not calling me racist because that would be prejudice, all my life ive had less white friends than any other race most of my friends are either black,mexican,asian, or all of the above so yes i would have pointed out they were white or what ever race cause when you have friends of different races if you dont mention what race they will ask you so you might as well go ahead and say it.

personally i think its more ignorant to try to hide what race(color) they are so as not to make whatever race they are look bad, is it my fault alot of these racist attacks on white people are done by minorities and these types of attacks are rarely done by whites (of course when they are its all over t.v. and the whites go to jail for federal time but when multiple minorities attack(rob) a white person because of his race its not a big deal at all.

how many of you remember when a couple years ago when a white man was beaten into a coma by almost 20 black people and non-of them were charged with a race crime and i only saw the report on one news channel one time and that was it ,the media totally ignored it .

i dont think a cop would see it as a weapon,

snapshot20090814.jpg
might wanna check your states law on inches , thats looks pretty small i know in texas its like 5 1/2 inches .

also for it to not be consealed(illegal) it needs to be visable or in a snapping knife sheath which may or may not be have to be visable. If its got a clip on it dont clip it to your belt or wasteband unless you got your shirt tucked in. also pockets knifes in most staes can not legally be carried in your pocket no matter what size , i usally clip mine to the bottom of my pocket clearly visable . Of course if your a short haired white guy none of this probally matters but if the cop wants to be di** you could be looking at some serious charges .

might wanna check your states law on inches , thats looks pretty small i know in texas its like 5 1/2 inches .

also for it to not be consealed(illegal) it needs to be visable or in a snapping knife sheath which may or may not be have to be visable. If its got a clip on it dont clip it to your belt or wasteband unless you got your shirt tucked in. also pockets knifes in most staes can not legally be carried in your pocket no matter what size , i usally clip mine to the bottom of my pocket clearly visable . Of course if your a short haired white guy none of this probally matters but if the cop wants to be di** you could be looking at some serious charges .

thats a real good point to remember about keeping it visible. When I bought my last knife I asked about the laws and the guy made two points seem real key. The first was that you don't treat it or act like its a weapon ... its a tool. The second was that you gotta keep it clipped in a way that you aren't hiding it.

thats a real good point to remember about keeping it visible. When I bought my last knife I asked about the laws and the guy made two points seem real key. The first was that you don't treat it or act like its a weapon ... its a tool. The second was that you gotta keep it clipped in a way that you aren't hiding it.

uhh sh-- i always just have it in my pocket, it has 2 be visible?

uhh sh-- i always just have it in my pocket, it has 2 be visible?

technically yes ... I don't really think its the kind of thing that would normally get you in any trouble. But like Omega Super Sloth said, if a cop wanted to be a dick he could get you for that.

Well it probably doesn't matter as long as you are not pulling it out. But I like having mine cliped ot my pocket just easier to access.

depending on your state laws mambrose keeping even the smallest knife in your pocket can be as serious as carrying a consealed gun so go do some googleing.

also ive heard alot of talk about pulling out knives on here by certain people and i would never suggest doing that UNLESS YOU PLAN ON USING IT i think your best bet would be to either give up what they want pull your gun or run ,cause MAYBE pulling your knife will make the other guy back off with his or might make him pull his out and how many of us are ready to fight a man to death or trained to do so , chances are if someguy goes around robbing people with a knife he knows how to use it or is ready to .

personally i always carry a knife with me (except to courthouses) but its more just because its always good to have it as a handy tool but also one day i didnt bring my knife with me on a job once cause i didnt think i would need it that day and i was attacked by a pitbull in a open field with nothing to hit him with .

depending on your state laws mambrose keeping even the smallest knife in your pocket can be as serious as carrying a consealed gun so go do some googleing.

also ive heard alot of talk about pulling out knives on here by certain people and i would never suggest doing that UNLESS YOU PLAN ON USING IT i think your best bet would be to either give up what they want pull your gun or run ,cause MAYBE pulling your knife will make the other guy back off with his or might make him pull his out and how many of us are ready to fight a man to death or trained to do so , chances are if someguy goes around robbing people with a knife he knows how to use it or is ready to .

personally i always carry a knife with me (except to courthouses) but its more just because its always good to have it as a handy tool but also one day i didnt bring my knife with me on a job once cause i didnt think i would need it that day and i was attacked by a pitbull in a open field with nothing to hit him with .

wow, that would suck, what did you do? just kick at it?

and thats y i cant wait till im 21, then i get a CCW permit and dont gotta worry about needing a knife. except to trim discs

wow, that would suck, what did you do? just kick at it?

and thats y i cant wait till im 21, then i get a CCW permit and dont gotta worry about needing a knife. except to trim discs
i danced with him for maybe a minute as he tried to repeatedly bite me , plus theyre was another dog with him some kinda of police dog mix ,the other dog was barking pretty mean but wasnt getting that close but i knew if i ran id be screwed so i just kept jumping back when he would would jump at me . Finally i just yelled as loud as i could and tried to look mean and luckly it worked cause theres no way i would of out run em.

i danced with him for maybe a minute as he tried to repeatedly bite me , plus theyre was another dog with him some kinda of police dog mix ,the other dog was barking pretty mean but wasnt getting that close but i knew if i ran id be screwed so i just kept jumping back when he would would jump at me . Finally i just yelled as loud as i could and tried to look mean and luckly it worked cause theres no way i would of out run em.

damn, yea im not a fan of dogs to much, altho if i had a pet dog id prolly feel diffrent.

i love dogs myself but if you got a big dog (unless its a lab) no matter how sweet you know the dog is if the park says it needs to be on a leash it really pisses me off when i see big dogs off the leash, its just not fair to the other people in the park cause they shouldnt have to be worried or threatened at a public park and they should be able to enjoy the park as much as you are. also pitbulls can be great dogs but being a terrior it needs to be well trained and watched like a hawk and pitbulls should almost never be in a pack even if only one of them is a pitbull.

Standing your ground with the dogs was definitely the right thing to do, but you already know that. I learned the hard way as a kid not to run from dogs. I love them too, obviously, and I agree with you that in public parks they should all be kept on leases. Its easy for those of us that are extremely comfortable around dogs to forget that others have intense anxieties about them, but it isn't fair to not have your dog under complete control in a public space. I'm not sure why you excluded labs though. I've had one and he was pretty intimidating to my friend that doesn't like dogs.

Latest posts