• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Pros This Year

One thing I can see is Wysocki is gonna be good, Eagle is young, he has some things to learn at the level, I mean he has a freaking laser beam attached to his shoulder and his biggest weakness in my mind is that he knows of said laser beam. I don't know how anybody can count McBeast out, he's not the type of person to just say eh Ricky can have it, he's gonna play well, aside from the crazy scores in Australia thrown up by Ricky and Eagle, Paul shot very very good! Lizotte will show back up from time to time, I just think he is kind of out of it, I mean he chased McBeast for an entire season and kept coming up short, I never did see him really "finish" a round so to speak. Idk, he's also one with said laser beam and I hope he proves me wrong and starts playing well again. I'm not sure how Big Jerm wasn't brought up but I think he will be one to watch this year, Sexton I would like to see more of as well. Anyway for the USDGC's this year I predict Lead Card Final Round to be; Wysocki, Koling, McBeast, and McCabe (As the random wild card that shows up at that event to play well out of nowhere!) <-- because I see this happen a lot. For worlds.... Lead Card Final Round I predict; Wysocki, Eagle, McBeast and Koling

I think if someone comes out of nowhere and has a big year it may be Chris Dickerson. 3 full seasons of PDGA play and now 1024 rated. Guy throws frisbees really well.

Jerm spoke very highly of him, and basically said he's gonna make some noise. He just won Will's tourney out in Nashville, too.

One thing I can see is Wysocki is gonna be good, Eagle is young, he has some things to learn at the level, I mean he has a freaking laser beam attached to his shoulder and his biggest weakness in my mind is that he knows of said laser beam. I don't know how anybody can count McBeast out, he's not the type of person to just say eh Ricky can have it, he's gonna play well, aside from the crazy scores in Australia thrown up by Ricky and Eagle, Paul shot very very good! Lizotte will show back up from time to time, I just think he is kind of out of it, I mean he chased McBeast for an entire season and kept coming up short, I never did see him really "finish" a round so to speak. Idk, he's also one with said laser beam and I hope he proves me wrong and starts playing well again. I'm not sure how Big Jerm wasn't brought up but I think he will be one to watch this year, Sexton I would like to see more of as well. Anyway for the USDGC's this year I predict Lead Card Final Round to be; Wysocki, Koling, McBeast, and McCabe (As the random wild card that shows up at that event to play well out of nowhere!) <-- because I see this happen a lot. For worlds.... Lead Card Final Round I predict; Wysocki, Eagle, McBeast and Koling

It seemed to me that Simon was sort of playing around, having fun. In general, a great approach to life! But he never really had the focus you need to beat Paul at the end. That could just be me, though. Sometimes life checks, like a torn ligament, are what it takes to get you on target. I'm dying of curiosity to see what he does and if his game changes.

I missed Jerm, but someone did bring him up. Not sure about McCabe. I like him, but there is just so much at the top now unless you're doing it full time it's gonna be hard. We should get a feel at GBO, I'm thinking.

I think if someone comes out of nowhere and has a big year it may be Chris Dickerson. 3 full seasons of PDGA play and now 1024 rated. Guy throws frisbees really well.

Jerm spoke very highly of him, and basically said he's gonna make some noise. He just won Will's tourney out in Nashville, too.

I've heard a couple of guys mention Dickerson too. Don't know much about him though. What's his MO?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kona making some waves.

Smaller guy but seems comfortable throwing forehand and backhand and throws both with power. Super clean putter and hits a lot from outside the circle too.

I always like the non-flashy solid and consistent players. They don't say much, but they handle pressure really well. Who is Dickerson with? You'd think I'd know.

Jesh, forgot Nikko.

If Nikko can ever get his frustrations in control he'd be running the top events too.

Also, Barsby. I don't see him at the top, he is funny as hell, and fun as all get out, but to me, it feels like he's not hungry enough. BTB, he's my second favorite player so I'm not harshing cause I don't like him.

Something I've been thinking about McBeth, in relation to how things work in the professional skateboarding world.

There's generally two kinds of pros in the skate world (with some overlap), the contest pro and the video pro.

In our world, most of the top pros have to win or place well in tournaments in order to keep touring.

Perhaps with McBeth's contract and Sig Disc royalties, he's less concerned with winning every tournament and focusing more on the promotion side of the sport.

Not to say that he doesn't want to win, or lacks the drive to do so, but if you want to see actual outside interest and growth in the sport a figure like him would be the best to accomplish that.

And maybe Innova recognizes that and that's why we see them supporting guys like Jerm, Barsby, Sexton, Eagle (through DM) and even CCDG.

You have a great mix of young athletic types, who are well spoken, along with the "characters" and the promotional outlet.

SpinTV could fit into that equation as well.

I mean Ricky is an amazing player, but IMO he is not a great spokesperson in general for the sport (or his sponsor).

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled stuff.

I hope Ohn Scoggins and Jessica Weese come back this year. Both have amazing forehands and Ohn is lights out best ladies putter + personality in the women's game. I think Jessica was injured almost all season, but both looked like the best competition for Cat and Paige a couple years ago.

I hope Ohn Scoggins and Jessica Weese come back this year. Both have amazing forehands and Ohn is lights out best ladies putter + personality in the women's game. I think Jessica was injured almost all season, but both looked like the best competition for Cat and Paige a couple years ago.

I was wondering what happened to Jessica. Still remember that promotional video of her hitting that tiny gap!

Always liked Ohn too.