• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Top ten worst discs made by innova/discraft

Those who don't like the Wolf apparently don't roll since it's one of the better control rollers out there. Harold Duvall got me hooked on it when he parked hole 14 at the USDGC with a Wolf.

The ape probably does not belong, but I could not think of something more deserving. It does what it is advertised to do, if you have the power needed, but it has become the disc of choice for torque monkeys who use it to hide poor form.

Alright, here is another subjective list that is based upon my personal experience. I know the OP did not want an explanation for each, but too bad.

In no particular order.

Groove - there are good Grooves out there, but they are hard to find. The only really good thing going for the Groove right now is that they are coming in new, poppier colors than other Champion discs.

Beast - great for lower powered players, but anyone who can get a hold of a drive cannot throw these. It has a light switch where if you suddenly exceed its intended speed it becomes fliptastic. There is no gradual exceeding of this speed; it just happens.

Wahoo - It was supposed to be what 140g and under Bliazzards are, a controllable distance driver that takes the fear of water away. It is hard to describe its flight because something about it just never seems right.

R-Pro Boss - this version of the Boss is so completely different from all other discs in this mold that cost me several throws during a tournament once. It is a flipping machine when you expect a high power drive with a moderate fade. Also, despite it being an open grassy field, I still managed to take a chunk out of it.

Pulse - my lighter one was like the XXX, but my heavier one was incredibly understable. The only good thing about the Pulse, it will fly straight if you have massive OAT issues (at least the overstable ones).

Blizzard Wraith - This is a Wraith? Funny, flies like an SL, another super sensitive disc that I cannot throw harder than 50 percent.

TeeDevil - I imagine an old woman yelling out, "where's the glide?" When there is a puff of wind, the glide appears but only because it is turning over and trying its hardest to fly as far to the right as possible, especially when I do not want it to.

Wolf - Others have already covered this.

First Run ESP Nuke - I clipped a tree. When I picked it up there was a twig sticking through the flight plate. A nose sensitive tree magnet that can get pierced easier than a Goth teenager.

Any Discraft putter in D or Soft X in recent (last two years) runs - throw these discs for more than a week and they are gouged, warped, and or chunked up. You cannot use these discs for anything but putting because of this.

Any Innova putter in Champion or Star - while true of any putter in premium plastic, it seems more so in Innova. They are seemingly coated in grease when it comes to hitting the chains; they knife through with no effort whatsoever. I think they are okay for approaches and driving because they can take the abuse of hitting trees and things on the ground, but they just cannot hold the chains. In both cases, with the Discraft and Innova putters, you essentially need to carry two or more putters to keep them fresh.

1) Groove
2) XClones
3) Wahoo
4) Dragon (supposed to be a begginer disc, but I've never seen ANYONE throw that worth a crap)
5) Max
6) X Avenger (any of the other Avenger are money...this one? Not so much)
8) Wolf
9) DX Shark
10) DX Viking (seriously....throw a Viking in DX. That thing is nothing like a Vike in premium plastic)

The Dragon is my go-to water disc, I've thrown it well over '325 accurately. The Wahoo is completely worthless however, throwing over a pond I turned and burned one on the fairway and left it there.

DX and Champ Vikings are two of my main drivers, although correct, they aren't even close to the same disc. If anyone's looking for a slightly more stable and predictable DX Valk then try a DX Viking.

My list, as a newbie:

1. Groove - I was plenty excited about this one, but now I use it as a Whippet :\. I guess maybe it's not "bad" if you consider "bad" to mean "inconsistent". It always does the same thing....

2. Blizzard Katana - what was I thinking? Seduced at PIAS by cool looks. It never delivered any distance at all for me (again, a newbie).

3. Monarch - Not as bad as the Groove, but not great either. Ended up trading it for a Starfire.

4 Archangel - I cannot get this thing to do what I want (but I haven't tried that much).

There have been plenty of other "bad purchases" but that's another thread altogether.

1. Dragon
2. Wahoo
3. Zeppelin
4. Groove
5. Nuke SS
6. R Pro Roc
7. R Pro Boss
8. Archangel
9. Hydra
10. Avenger SS

The Wolf just has so little glide, you're right it's completely worthless for someone who isn't brand new to the sport. Just get a Stingray.

I don't throw and don't like the Wolf but I play with some old school guys that can work wonders with them.

Other than Groove & Wahoo, No particular order.

1a-Groove
1b-Wahoo
Dragon
Spectra
Slipstream GT
Pulse
Monarch
Impact
Sonic
Hydra

Everyone of the discs I've seen on this thread, I know someone who throws that disc and loves it.

Buzzz
Buzzz SS
FLX Buzzz
Wasp
Buzzz
Avenger
Nuke SS
Buzzz SS
Surge SS

I started reading this thread but noticed quickly alot fo the lists were "discs that i dont like or i cant throw right" and not really truly bad discs.

I don't think I can think of 10.....but off the top of my head.....

Cheetah 2
Cyclone 2
Flash (Discraft's terrible response to the Orc)

Latest posts