• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Top ten worst discs made by innova/discraft

So far the dumbest answer is the Aero which is the original Eagle and the original disc golf disc the grandfather to every disc including Aviars, Rocs and Buzzes. Know your disc golf history and go throw an Aero in a one disc round.

Many answers are more personal preference and or stuff you'all can't get to fly right. There are some definite trends; Grooves which are terribly inconsistant and the Dragon/Wahoo floater BS that are so flippy that they are guaranteed to wind up floating in a lake sooner or later.

Have'nt tried a Mamba and don't need to. Didn't like the Archon, Katanah and Vulcan in the end for that matter and don't find them in my bag.

The birdie and polecat are fun discs and I know some very respectably rated players who have one in the bag.

Keep thinking that Blizzard sucks:doh: Heck I can't wait for a 150 Starlite Eagle X.

Why? They already make 150 star eagles

I have thrown them but I am curious if the Starlite will be more stable for the weight. It is a lot less tiring playing in a long tournament if you don't have to work as hard to throw. I have a 138 Blizzard Destroyer that I can flip up flat with no run up just a step in like and upshot. The lighter disc take less effort to throw.
I carry both a 150 Blizzard Destroyer and a max weight Pro Destroyer in my bag side by side. I use both under diffferent conditons especially uphill.

they wont be making any star lite for the foreseeable future. the roadrunner was received pretty poorly according to their own lofty expectations

Source?

I bought a StarLite Roadrunner for my wife and she loves it. These discs were sold out on discgolfcenter.com for a while, and were recently restocked. Can't say that there's no demand for them.

Source?

I bought a StarLite Roadrunner for my wife and she loves it. These discs were sold out on discgolfcenter.com for a while, and were recently restocked. Can't say that there's no demand for them.

our rep from innova. They still have some stock left (we just got more at MSt) but they were expecting it to sell like blizzard and it hasnt

Funny, there are a TON of these "most hated discs" on here that I love - or used to love - most notably Beast, Spectra, and Buzz, with a past love for the Wolf and Dragon. Those last two fly all over hell and back for me now, but there was a time they were great discs for me (when I threw around a 200' max). And I must admit I have a thing for moderately understable discs. What can I say? I like annies and S-Curves. Typically, given an annie route or a hyzer route, i usually prefer the annie. I'm trying to break the habit and learn to throw more stable discs, but . . . .

My point here is, I've noticed you can grow into and out of discs as your game changes. A disc getting beat up isn't the only thing that makes it fly different for you. That Wolf is a great beginner disc, but once you get any power at all, it is crazy.

I see so many people bashing the Wahoo, it makes me think I might like it, though I WILL agree with everyone about the Groove. That thing sucks.

our rep from innova. They still have some stock left (we just got more at MSt) but they were expecting it to sell like blizzard and it hasnt

Kinda weird since for blizzard they release four different styles. I'd love to buy something starlite, but I've never thrown a roadrunner and I don't want to judge a plastic by a disc I've never used before.

And I guess I should probably post something on-topic as well... However, I've yet to throw a disc that left me with a terrible impression. Oh wait! My blizzard TeeDevil. That thing is a PoS. First time I threw it in an open field, loved the flight. Every throw since has just flipped and crashed. Flat release... Turn and crash. Complete hyzer... Turn and crash. Bah! I want my money back.

Last edited:
Lots of hate for the Birdie...my main short distance putter! When I don't screw up, it goes straight on a rope right in the chains, and if I miss, it doesn't go far. I like how it feels in my hand. I've had the same stack of 10 practice and 1 starter in my bag that are all DX and still putt exactly straight for me even after being beaten up on my practice basket for thousands of reps over the last 10 years.

I still have conventional putters in my bag, too, mainly for upshots. I have a continuum of putter stability...a beaten-to-Hell 12-year-old Soft Magnet for anhyzer putts, a moderately beaten DX Aviar Putter for gentle anhyzer upshots, a Star Aviar for straight upshots, an FLX Challenger that I dearly love for gentle hyzers and the ever-trusty DX Rhyno for those sharp hyzers.

But when I'm 40 feet away or less (and the wind isn't crazy)? Birdie. What did I use before that? Heh heh heh heh...SE Soft Rhynos. Still have 9 of 'em...

In Order
1. Groove
2. Wahoo
3. VULCAN TOPPED anythings
4. Mamba
5. Ringer
6. Monarch
7. the run of teerex one of the four molds that was flippy!
8. MRX
9. Dragon
10. new feel on pro rhynos... YUCKY i remember my sweet pro rhynos what happened.

Of the discs I've thrown, the worst, not counting superclass discs, are ...

Groove
Z Cyclone (only in Z plastic, mind you!)
Zeppelin (Our Ace Race that year was very windy, making the Zeppelin even more of a challenge to throw.)
Birdie
XCaliber
Teebird+
150 Class Flick (to be fair, I found one with the highest PLH I could find as a gimmick disc, so this may not be representative)
Banger GT (hate the thumbtrack)
Focus (specifically the Ace Race model in what must be ESP plastic)
Monarch

But I can't imagine how an Ultrastar would help you on a disc golf course unless you're playing a superclass round.

Groove
Monarch
BIRDIE
Zeppelin
Skeeter
Wolf
Nuke SS
Mamba
Ti Wasp- flys like my Z buzz, which i love, but i was looking for overstable.
DX Valkyrie

um you don't have to wait for 150g Star Eagles, they already exist. The whole blizzard/starlite phenomenon was brought about to make wide winged drivers in lighter weights. Older molds can easily be made light weight due to their geometry.

and again more lid hate. I guess most of the lid haters have never played ultimate or in the woods. Have you ever tried these discs? Have any of you lid haters ever actually thrown a Rattler or a Polecat (not as a putt). It will change your life.

and again more lid hate. I guess most of the lid haters have never played ultimate or in the woods.

I don't know if you're aiming this comment at me, but I have played plenty of Ultimate, I play disc golf in the woods all the time, and my first few rounds of disc golf in recent years were played with an Ultrastar. It's a great throw-and-catch disc, and is the official disc of Ultimate for good reason, but there are plenty of disc golf putters that can do anything on a dg course better than an Ultrastar can. I guess I'm not so much hating on lids as saying the ones I'm most familiar with are not good discs for golf.

No not aimed at you but now that you mention it, why the F would you list an Ultimate disc as a golf disc? You say you've played a lot of ultimate so you know what it does. And why would you list the Ultrastar as one of the worst discs made by Discraft? It's their #1 seller and the lion's share of their business. It is also the official Ultimate disc. Your argument against the disc is totally fallacious.

No not aimed at you but now that you mention it, why the F would you list an Ultimate disc as a golf disc? You say you've played a lot of ultimate so you know what it does.

I have seen people play disc golf with an Ultrastar, and it is approved for play by the PDGA, so I figured it was worth mentioning as a footnote. I didn't think my comment would be heinous enough to deserve the F-word.

And why would you list the Ultrastar as one of the worst discs made by Discraft? It's their #1 seller and the lion's share of their business. It is also the official Ultimate disc. Your argument against the disc is totally fallacious.

Comfort yourself with the knowledge that I did not include it in my main list of 10 "worst" discs for disc golf, and comfort yourself with the knowledge that in my latest post (right above yours) I gave it credit for being a great throw-and-catch disc and the official disc of Ultimate for good reason. Is it really that big a deal?