• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Toro

Looks like Innova finally might have made a Zone copy. I love the zone but I like Innovas plastic more so heres to hoping it lives up to the numbers.

Kinda crazy that this is like their 3rd or 4th attempt at a Zone. You'd think it would be relatively easy to copy that mold but the Rat, AviarX3, and maybe others have not matched up to the Zone.

That said, I agree... Innova plastic is superior so I think it'd be neat to finally throw an Innova zone.

Looks like Innova finally might have made a Zone copy. I love the zone but I like Innovas plastic more so heres to hoping it lives up to the numbers.

The profile picture they posted looks identical to the shape of a Rat to me. I am interested to see what they changed to make this one come out more overstable.

The profile picture they posted looks identical to the shape of a Rat to me. I am interested to see what they changed to make this one come out more overstable.

PDGA specs for the approvals of each:
Toro Luster Champ plastic
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.6cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Rim Configuration: 68.25
Flexibility: 7.84kg

Rat Star plastic
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.1cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.9cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.6%
Rim Configuration: 66.65
Flexibility: 6.01kg

I vaguely remember Sexton saying it was going to be a 'retooled' Rat for more overstability on some coverage? Maybe LVC or Waco. Looks like just a wider rim so potentially Rat top with a different bottom this time.

That's what was weird about the rat. It looked and felt like a zone so much but didn't fly like one.

In reality it's not a bad disc, pretty much like a 7/10 jawbreaker or pro d zone out of the box.

Makes me think of over priced glass.

You mess with the bull and you'll get the horns. Everyone remember that.

I'll probably buy one. The os mid is a spot I can't seem to lock down. Had my time with the Zone, BuzzzOS, Drone & Caiman. All good in their own way.

Last edited:
This disc name makes me think of this

61xknuFOMqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I wonder how this will be different from a Gator or Caiman. Both of those are pretty overstable and glideless.

Kinda sucks for Bradley Williams, can't say his tour series pigs will sell well the rest of the year?

I got to see a Toro today. It's basically a 4 speed AviarX3 and the closest thing to a Zone Innova has come out with to date. I think the AviarX3 is a better approach disc than the Zone personally because it's slower and skips less. I won't be switching to the Toro but I think a lot of people are going to love it.

Latest posts