• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Treating McPro/Pro Plastic with.... Grease/Butter/Crisco!!

Most people I know use a birdie bag to improve their grip during a round. But maybe the bacon bag could be the next big thing in disc tackiness?:)

It is still the same stiffness. It doesnt change the composition of the plastic.

It simply changes how the disc feels in your hands, which gives me a huge confidence boost.
Dont knock it till you try it.

Oh i misread then. I thought you meant that it softened the plastic. You just mean it gives it more texture?

Hydro......ponics. :p

You may not be able to smell it, but bears, dogs, coons, owls, pumas, crocodiles, and yeti can. No, I will stick with the stock plastic.

Yeti you say?
hqdefault.jpg

I'm totally trying this on a crappy, waxy feeling, current run DX Roc when I get off work tonight

Definitely try it on something you don't like, please post your results. Since grip and feel are subjective, more people will have to try this to have a well-rounded result.

Not to mention, I haven't tried this on anything but McPro plastic. DX could have a whole different feel after treatment.

Oh i misread then. I thought you meant that it softened the plastic. You just mean it gives it more texture?

To say it gives "more texture" would be subjective; However, it does give it a different texture which I prefer over the regular stock feeling.

Most people I know use a birdie bag to improve their grip during a round. But maybe the bacon bag could be the next big thing in disc tackiness?:)

Yes, the bacon bag! Cause everyone loves bacon!

Hydro......ponics. :p

You may not be able to smell it, but bears, dogs, coons, owls, pumas, crocodiles, and yeti can. No, I will stick with the stock plastic.

Not any of those frequent my courses, maybe dogs? You are right though. Highly not recommended if you're in bear country.

What happened to a Birdie Bag and/or Chucker's Chalk? Hey, whatever works, I suppose.

i didn't have any bacon, but i just smeared a reeses peanut butter cup all over my pro pig and washed it off with Jack Daniels. Results not yet determined..

I think that I'll take my chances and see how my McPro Roc3 seasons over time instead of rubbing bacon grease on it.... but it's still something to think about.

I think that I'll take my chances and see how my McPro Roc3 seasons over time instead of rubbing bacon grease on it.... but it's still something to think about.

Similar concept to your own oils absorbing into the disc. I mean, we all have that seasoned DX/pro disc that just feels awesome after prolonged use... This just speeds up the process. Rub some dirt on it and bam!

Maybe just not showering for a week or so and rubbing your sack on your disc would work? :gross::eek::gross:

Latest posts