• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Treating McPro/Pro Plastic with.... Grease/Butter/Crisco!!

c399_tactical_canned_bacon.jpg

tactical-bacon-back.jpg

Wait. OP's discs were too slippery so he put slippery stuff on them and now they're not as slippery?

WTF IS HAPPENING IN HERE?!?

Wait. OP's discs were too slippery so he put slippery stuff on them and now they're not as slippery?

WTF IS HAPPENING IN HERE?!?

Some phenomenon just can't be understood but I was waiting for someone to make this deduction.

Mmmm.... bacon flavored golf discs.

I am reminded of the Simpsons. Butter up that bacon! Now Bacon up that sausage!

You may not be able to smell it, but bears, dogs, coons, owls, pumas, crocodiles, and yeti can. No, I will stick with the stock plastic.

This was the first thing I thought of. Especially raccoons, alligators and bears. I would definately not throw it anywhere raccoons or bears have been spotted. Raccoons are everywhere in coastal SC in the marshes and are very aggressive and carry rabies. Not sure if alligators would really do anything (they tend to be lazy) unless the disc landed within a few feet of them or if they have laid eggs nearby which I would not retrieve anyway. I would definately not leave any discs with bacon grease in a tent due to bears and raccoons.

The bar I work at is the number one Jameson bar in Wisconsin due to the fact that on Mondays we give away Bacon and also have $2 shots of Jame-o.

Good Bacon too. None of that Oscar Mayer stuff. Local swine.

Bacon Tacos even. With the softshells cooked in the Bacon grease.

On the motorcycle forums, this thread exists under the disguise of 'What kind of tire shine is the best?' Or 'What oil is best to stop brakes from squealing?'

When I want to screw my game up, applying sunscreen pre-round usually works even quicker than beer!

How does personal lubricant work, sport?

I'll refrain, especially since you called me sport. But I've heard..... That it works well. I always tell people to not touch my discs. ;)

This is awesome!

I've actually spread bacon grease on my discs (middle, bottom plate) so my dog could find it for me. Posted this on the "you know you're addicted to dg when.." thread. Here's what I did to train my dog:
1. Feed bacon when wife's not around
2. Hide little pieces around the house.
3. Drop a few strips along the path (in the bushes or under rocks) before you go for a walk.
4. Smear bacon fat on different stuff and hide them along the path.
5. Dog skips a meal then head out to the park.

Easy. Who needs glow discs? :D