• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Trends Within Your Bag?

I also really like to have my discs in a specific order in my bag. Helps me to, at a glance, see if I'm missing something (I still leave discs behind... getting better).

I do this too actually. Putters closest to me, then mid ranges. Fairways farthest away. Right now I think it goes Pures, Buzzzes, Flying Squirrel, Leopards, Eagle If I know where everything is when I put it back in the bag, then I can grab the disc I want by feel while I walk to the next spot.

I only use Innova & Discmania discs. I only putt with black putting putters. Besides my putting putters every new disc I buy is a bright color. The discs in my bag have to be in a specific order. My bag is setup so the discs go up in speed from left to right & all the discs in the same speed are ordered according to stability. I prefer to only carry molds that are easy to aquire & are in current production (except my 04 USDGC Champion Rancho Roc). I like to cycle discs. All my putters, mids & fairway drivers are max weight. My distance drivers are all around 170. I tend to throw what pros throw. I tend to stick to tried & true molds rather than trying new discs all the time.

I'm trying to make the trend be: Pick stuff from your existing stash of Discs that you haven't really explored yet, so I'm not spending more money, but that is hard :)

I did standardize on my Black putters too.

The only trends of mine that was not covered by someone else:

DD, Prodigy, and Salient discs will never enter my bag.
I'm ashamed of having Innova in my bag, but if I throw the OrionLF (FB bottom) I may as well throw a FB.

I only use Innova & Discmania discs. I only putt with black putting putters. Besides my putting putters every new disc I buy is a bright color. The discs in my bag have to be in a specific order. My bag is setup so the discs go up in speed from left to right & all the discs in the same speed are ordered according to stability. I prefer to only carry molds that are easy to aquire & are in current production (except my 04 USDGC Champion Rancho Roc). I like to cycle discs. All my putters, mids & fairway drivers are max weight. My distance drivers are all around 170. I tend to throw what pros throw. I tend to stick to tried & true molds rather than trying new discs all the time.

I, also, have turned anal commando as far as discs in my bag. I go right to left, understable to stable to overstable at each speed.

That's a weird thing to be ashamed of , why is that?

After playing as long as I have I'm fed up with the company.

Only stock ****ty discs in non-DG stores, due to the quantity of discs they produce IMO have the worst quality control in the business, cares more about profit than the people actually playing the sport (both coming out with new molds instead of making premium versions of others as well as "best disc in the world for beginners. It's the PF Flyers of discing - you'll run faster jump higher and be better than KC ever was - just buy this disc that you shouldn't be using because I want to make more money." The proshop and their ridiculous use of DGnerds (high prices, high shipping prices, all of them are LE so you're forced to buy them if you like 'em), . . .

I could keep going. These are all my opinions, fanboys no need to flame me.

/mini rant

I thought the Drone is the most over stable Discraft mid.

he said most overstable that he carries. so basically. the most overstable mid he carries is a Hornet.

That is correct Tourney. Thanks.

Disc order for me is my own. Not really a trend, but just what I do.

I have drivers left, putters middle, mids right.

Drivers and mids are in order of my perceived amount of use they get. The most used molds are closest to the putters. The least used towards the end of the bag.

Putters are in order of stability with overstable close to mids and understable close to drivers.

Glad to see the amount of replies as I'm enjoying the reading

After playing as long as I have I'm fed up with the company.

Only stock ****ty discs in non-DG stores, due to the quantity of discs they produce IMO have the worst quality control in the business, cares more about profit than the people actually playing the sport (both coming out with new molds instead of making premium versions of others as well as "best disc in the world for beginners. It's the PF Flyers of discing - you'll run faster jump higher and be better than KC ever was - just buy this disc that you shouldn't be using because I want to make more money." The proshop and their ridiculous use of DGnerds (high prices, high shipping prices, all of them are LE so you're forced to buy them if you like 'em), . . .

I could keep going. These are all my opinions, fanboys no need to flame me.

/mini rant

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The only trends of mine that was not covered by someone else:

DD, Prodigy, and Salient discs will never enter my bag.
I'm ashamed of having Innova in my bag, but if I throw the OrionLF (FB bottom) I may as well throw a FB.

Why not DD? Just curious.

Why not DD? Just curious.

If I won't wear one of your shirts I won't throw one of your discs. Both their logo and bag(s?) are ugly. Back to my post about the Innova proshop - same goes for DD prior to them releasing their own molds. I loved some of the LE stuff they "produced" but never bought any because A. their logo was always on them and B. pricing was too high.

I know, I'm an *******:rolleyes:

The trend is, every time I play this course I have one less disc in my bag. Guess how many calls I've received?

Similar to the rest here... over time my bag has moved back towards Innova/Discraft after various experiments with other companies.

I'm curious about how many others have done this. Could be an interesting thread. If I weren't on my phone I'd create one. I ran the full gauntlet of new companies until Prodigy hit the scene. Since then I've phased out the MVP, Latitude, and Westside for the more "tried and true" discs that I currently bag. That isn't to say that I don't still have a box full of Ions, Anodes, Tridents, Saints, and Underworlds at home though...

I'm curious about how many others have done this. Could be an interesting thread. If I weren't on my phone I'd create one. I ran the full gauntlet of new companies until Prodigy hit the scene. Since then I've phased out the MVP, Latitude, and Westside for the more "tried and true" discs that I currently bag. That isn't to say that I don't still have a box full of Ions, Anodes, Tridents, Saints, and Underworlds at home though...

That's me man.

What's in my bag now,except for the XL's(new), is tried and true.

Now that I know what I like,took me long enough :D, I will be buying more backups in the future.

When I started, my bag grew with mostly DC and then some Innova, because those companies are easy to find and buy. Then I spread out to a Gateway putter and some Lat64. Finally I tried a Vibram Lace and love the feel of the rubber. I've since picked up more Vibram, and like the idea of getting my bag more uniform on one brand. I feel like there are fewer variables in disc selection when everything is one brand. I think it is helping me be more consistent.

Also, I'm getting more picky with weights. I'm getting all my new discs as close to 163g as possible, to reduce the variables. Then I can focus more on my form and less on the differences between so many discs.

It might be only in my mind, but making my bag simpler seems to have improved my game.

Similar to the rest here... over time my bag has moved back towards Innova/Discraft after various experiments with other companies.

When I say compare here I mean mentally...I already know how they fly:
- I compare any understable mid to Cobras.
- I compare any overstable driver to the Banshee/FB combo (not that I ever actually bagged both at once, I'm talking about flight characteristics). Though my heart will always be with Banshees my power level says otherwise:mad:
- I compare any stable fast putter/mid/slow fairway to a Buzzz.
- I will never get rid of Drones. Ever. If I get sponsored by another company I will either use Drones or not get the sponsorship.
- Though the Breaker is a new mold I have enough experience with overstable putters that I already have 10 backups. Yeah, I like them more than Rhynos:) Zone never did it for me.
- Clutch is a Magnet clone so even if it's new it can arguably be considered tried/true. Breaker too actually (Ringer clone)

EDIT: OLF > PD :popcorn:

Last edited:
When I say compare here I mean mentally...I already know how they fly:
- I compare any understable mid to Cobras.
- I compare any overstable driver to the Banshee/FB combo (not that I ever actually bagged both at once, I'm talking about flight characteristics). Though my heart will always be with Banshees my power level says otherwise:mad:
- I compare any stable fast putter/mid/slow fairway to a Buzzz.
- I will never get rid of Drones. Ever. If I get sponsored by another company I will either use Drones or not get the sponsorship.
- Though the Breaker is a new mold I have enough experience with overstable putters that I already have 10 backups. Yeah, I like them more than Rhynos:) Zone never did it for me.
- Clutch is a Magnet clone so even if it's new it can arguably be considered tried/true. Breaker too actually (Ringer clone)

EDIT: OLF > PD :popcorn:

Now you are just talking crazy. :D

There's a method to my madness.

(Did someone say Spiderman thread?)

Latest posts