• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Trilogy likes and dislike

Yeah this disc gets no talk. Nobody really likes the "plus" rims angles... But the riot for me is a useful slightly over stable disc and the ONLY time I use it is for low ceiling over stable shots I need to skip left, far left! I think this works good because of the plus rim, its less drag and the friction angle is less on the ground.

Mind you, ^NONE of this may be true... But it works for me? :eek:

i have a buddy or two who throw opto riots but it just didnt click for me. i can see how that works though. gotta use what works.

Like:
- Trespass, Opto and GL both nice
- Swan
Dislike:
- Striker, Opto and GL both extremely unreliable. Really flippy.

Pure is a great driving and approach putter.
The fuse, claymore, truth, verdict combo covers every mid shot for me.

Fury is fun to throw. Hyzer flip to turnover.
Diamond for the same reason a fury just shorter.

The renegade was like a deeper tern. Felt better in the hand.

Just curious what discs/plastic you have thrown that have really stood out as ones you liked and which ones you didn't and why. I seem to like almost everything from Westside I've thrown. Any must try discs from dynamic that I haven't mentioned

Lat 64
GL Saint go to driver 330ft or under
Opto/softPure-opto pure is my go to putter for short drives up shots and longer putts
GL Saint pro- wind fighter, dependable with fade for me

Westside
TP Sword-favorite driver, major distance for me, dependable and straight. Will turnover nicely when seasoned
TP King very fun to throw, hole specific for me
Soft Shield- liked it and will revisit when less windy
Tp-stag- just picked this one up and love it. May replace my saint
TP underworld-very gun to throw, great for any shot or finishing right (rhbh)

DD
Soft Warden-just went in the bag as inside the circle putter
lucid verdict -just picked one up and love it. Will replace my wasp
Fusion Truth awesome mid. Replaced my buzz as my go to mid.

Dislike
Opto flow- not at all like the GL, beefy for what I was looking for
Lucid escape-liked the saint much more.
TP tursas liked at first but found it became way too flippy.

Hmm. I primarily throw Trilogy so it's mostly likes for me.

Plastic's -
Lat64 I prefer GL
DD lucid
Westside VIP (don't have any TP yet)

Disc's
Lat64 = Saint, Fury, Core and Pain.
DD = Escape, Truth, Suspect and Judge (Soft for putting, Blend for approach)
Westside = Warship and Tursas. I used the Swan as my putter for a while. Its not bad, just liked the Judge better.

I see you're also from Q-town, nice. You play at Sellersville mostly or Nocki?

Like:
Judge - Truth - Hatchet - Stag - Harp

Dislike:
Underworld - I liked it at first then it became way to flippy. I like the Hatchet better in this slot because it has more stability and I can control it more.
Saint - Just meh for me. It's not going to replace anything already in my bag.

Like:

Pure, Fuse, Truth, Diamond

Dislike:

Saint - just never did what I expected. Flew somewhat like my Teebirds. Maybe I got a beefy one
River - same as above. Also from learning now the lavashift one I had is on the stable side of rivers
Flow - Flippy ones were too flippy, not flippy ones were too beefy, for me
Core - too flippy for what I wanted it to do
Pain - not as OS as I wanted

Almost forgot how much I disliked the Saint. Gave it to my buddy to try, and now he carries 1 all the time.

Big fan of the Shield and Escape. Shield is in their base plastic and it feels great. My Escape is in Lucid. It's been my go-to driver(along with a G-PD) since I picked it up at the DD two disc challenge this past summer. Lucid plastic is probably the longest lasting/best feeling premium on the market, along with Prodiscus's Premium and Prodigy's 400G in my opinion.

I don't really throw it anymore, but the Escape was everything I wanted the Saint to be.

Opto Pain was nice when I threw it a few years ago. Lucid Judge is alright, it tends to flip/ turn and gliiiiide when powered up; nice, but not the role that I bought it to fill.

In the Primary Bag

• TM2 Pure
  • ZH Pure
  • Opto Pure
  • TP Warship
  • Lucid Verdict
  • GL River
  • GL Fury
  • Lucid Renegade
  • TP Sword
  • TP Sorcerer
  • VIP Sorcerer
  • TP King

In the "Trilogy" only Bag

• ZM Pure
  • Zero Sinus AP
  • Opto Pure
  • BT Soft Harp
  • Opto Sparkle Fuse
  • Classic Hard Truth
  • BioFuzion Truth
  • Lucid Truth
  • BioFuzion Suspect
  • Moonshine Verdict
  • GL River
  • Opto River
  • Opto Sparkle River
  • Opto Trident
  • TP Northman
  • Lucid Renegade
  • Lucid Boatman
  • Fuzion Enforcer
  • GL Havoc
  • GL Halo
  • TP Giant

Others

I like throwing these, but haven't found a spot in the bag for them yet.

• Lucid Thief
  • Opto Saint Pro
  • TP Stag
  • Lucid Escape
  • GL Pure
  • Lucid Judge
  • GL Mace
  • TP Tursas

Bags

• Latitude 64 DG Luxury
  • Latitude 64 Pro Bag

Dislikes

I have a lot in my collection that I didn't really click with. It's hard to say I dislike them though, they just didn't fit my game.

• Lucid Suspect
  • Lucid Fugitive
  • BioFuzion Escape
  • Fuzion Trespass
  • GL Flow
  • Opto Sparkle Saint
  • Opto XXX
  • Zero Soft Spike
  • Opto Villain
  • Opto Vision
  • GL Pain
  • Opto Core
  • GL Core
  • Opto Striker
  • GL Striker

I'm lost without my Escape and Pure. Out of the woods, I love the Fuse as well. The Saint Pro and River really exposed my swing issues, I think, so I got frustrated with them. I hope to go back to them later. It wasn't them, it was me.

Question to the people that dislike the Saint cause it's to flippy, have you tried the Saint Pro?

I ask only cause this was just brought up on the Disc Golf Answerman, they compare the two. The Pro is supposed to be for people with a fast arm speed.

Saint - My red Opto Saint is a staple of my game. Just a workhorse for me, beautifully straight with a little fade. I've had various Gold Lines as well, which for me have flown similarly to the Opto.
XXX - Another staple to my bag. My orange Opto is great for thumbers and for those hard fading shots, getting out of trouble, etc.
Fuse - Such a fun disc for field throwing, working on form. On the course, great for wooded shots and those awkward lies that force you to power down a shot. I'll even occasionally find it useful for certain putts. I have multiple Gold Lines, Optos, and a TM, and always have one bagged.
Suspect - I have a Biofuzion Suspect that has stayed in the bag since I bought it. Love its predictability as a short mid, and have used it as a windy day putter as well.
Judge - They've never been able to replace my Wizards as primary putters, but I still enjoy them. The only putter I've ever been able to drive 300 with. I've thrown Classic Soft, Blend, and Lucid. Definitely recommended for anyone to try.
Others I've liked - Fury, River, Lucid Air Renegade, Pain, Truth

Could definitely put together a solid bag from the "likes" if I ever felt the need to do so (I don't, though)

Dislikes
Stag - I probably didn't give this one much of a chance, once I quickly discovered that this wasn't the stable to overstable fairway driver I was expecting.
Mace - I had a first run GL that I just couldn't get a feel for, and found myself turning it over too easily. Just didn't work for me like Rocs or Ghosts do.
Dagger - I've got a medium. Love the feel. Not digging the results so far, unusually inconsistent in the wind even for a putter, nothing special for me as a driving putter.

Really, the dislikes are more of a personal preference thing, and I really don't think they are bad discs. They just didn't work for me when I tried them.

Saint pro is harder to turn over and after time will fly dead straight. I have found color also affects GL plastic. Different colors fly differently

While I cannot say I truly disliked any of the many I've tried, some have stayed and some just sit in a box.

Made the main bag:

Pure - Opto for approaches. Zero Medium for putts.
Suspect
Truth
Verdict
Thief
Escape
Renegades(When I decide not to throw Terns)

Mostly sitting in a box:
Pure - Zero Hard
Fugitive - must have gotten the most overstable one made
Sorcerer - not at all like the numbers. It's like a Tern copy that's not quite as good.
Swords - like them, but they just never beat out my other drivers
King - both are just too flippy for me to control in anything other than a hard wind from behind. The air is the longest disc I've thrown, but bad throws with it are a disaster.
Trespass - same as Swords

Trying to buy a Flow from the Marketplace, but seller seems to be away from the board right now.

I like the OG lat molds the best. Pretty sure this was my bag only one which not included are the primitius? medius? which still to this day were some of the weirdest discs I've thrown as well as the plastic. The sounds those discs made when hitting stuff was so odd.

FTW!!!

Pure(GRIP line) or Spike, Sinus, Fuse/Core, Pain, Vision, Trident/XXX, Riot, Striker, Flow, blitz.

Last edited:
Loves:
Halo
Bolt
Claymore
Suspect
Judge

Scythe
Trespass
Villain
Flow
Saint
Jade
Trident
Pain
Fuse
Pure
Mercy

Meh:
Havoc
Blitz
Missilen
Saint Pro
Thief
Diamond
Mace
Dagger
Sinus

Yuck:
King
Striker
Vision
Fury
Core
Spike

I like the OG lat molds the best. Pretty sure this was my bag only one which not included are the primitius? medius? which still to this day were some of the weirdest discs I've thrown as well as the plastic. The sounds those discs made when hitting stuff was so odd.

Wow, never thought I'd see this posted. A poster here has a Medius he uses in the woods. The sound is unique.

Latest posts