• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Trilogy likes and dislike

like the bending of a long saw blade or something & Hitting the chains like playing a wooden xylophone lol

I liked the pure except for the razor sharp flashing. Early strikers and Flows were nice. The Verdict and the Truth both flew nice lines. The Escape is a good disc, sneaky long, but not good in the wind. I really liked the Giant, that disc could end up making the bag.

What I really dislike is all the overlap. Innova gets a lot of flack for having a lot of discs that do similar things. Why doesnt Lat. get the same treatment?

I havent bought too many trilogy discs. I guess I just wasnt bitten by the craze to go buy some because of the "trilogy". However my friends are all trend whores so they ran out and bought whatever I told them "they" should try lol.

Like so far: Opto Saint, GL Saint, Opto Claymore, Tursas, GL River, Underworld, Pure

Dislike: didnt care for the Striker. Shield. Diamond. Giant - holy overstable sh!t batman. I dont have the juice behind my throws to make use for this disc.

Undecided: Stag. I want to love this disc because, well... Its got a fricken moose head for a stamp. I just havent been able to bag this one just yet. The Jade I've fondled, feels good, dont know if I'll have a need for it. Saint Pro, coming to like it, didnt like it at all at first. Hatchet - I like it for now, but I like my valkyries better. We'll see what it becomes after a few auditions in the field.

Likes: Bio Fusion Trespass, Hard Mercy's, and Lucid Felon.

Dislike: Lucid Escape, Lucid Trespass, Warden, Judge, and Bio Fusion Fugitive.

Forgot some, and can't edit.

Love: Underworld

Hate: Shield

Sitting around, but could easily use: Harp, Claymore, Judge, Warden.

Tried and sold: Fury, Bolt, Sinus

Favorites in the bag :

Drivers -

Trespass - Fuzion, Moonshine - Max D.
Sorcerer - VIP - (basically champ Tern ++glide ++speed)
Sword - TP - Distance, control.
Giant - Air - goes long and straight before booking ass left.
Giant - TP - (max weight) like a pop-top destro or boss every time, ootb.
Enforcer - VIP - (similar to Giant)
King - TP - great wide open bomber. US. needs some air under it to work.

Mids -

Pain - Opto & GL - for me this is the most reliable slightly OS mid Ive ever thrown. great HSS for the speed and really reliable come back. If this is similar to the Truth then I see why people like it.

Putt & Approach -

Harp - BT Med/Hard - like a short OS mid. Very easy to throw and control for me.
Swan - BT Med/Hard - currently putting with these and making long puts more consistently.

Undecided:
Escape - GL - super glidey and very angle / power sensitive. Easy distance and probably a great tool if you spend the time to learn it.
Underworld - Moonshine - similar to the Escape but seems more reliable for me. Easier for me to dial in flip, turn or fade. crazy glide and easy D.
Tursas - GL - Swan is doing its approach and turnover work with more control atm. Will probably try a Shield before throwing this more. The Tursas is my GFs main driver though. She likes the pink octopus and marbled TP plastic.
Trident - GL - just started throwing this. This disc should have a negative glide rating. I think its going to work fine for the super OS mid spot. I will be trying a Verdict soon though.

I've tried L64's Bolt, Halo and Havoc - all are great drivers, just had other discs for those spots that I like throwing.

I actually havent thrown any Trilogy plastic yet that Ive hated.

They make some good discs, and their plastics are very good. Most of all I appreciate the fact that they make very good OS discs. Those are the only ones in my bag from them;

Lat64 like;
Stilletto- I adore this disc, it's super predictable in any conditions and I can throw it around 375-420 in heavy head/side winds.
Trident- Go to FH mid, it's profile is amazing and perfect for my FH grip. Better glide than it gets credit for too I think.
Dagger- I very much like but don't bag, it's the same disc more or less as my Touch and I already have multiple Touches.

Dislike;
Pure- we just didn't click, shoulder felt odd to me and though it was okay for approaches I'd never hit the chains with it.
Mercy- it's okay just nothing special

Westside like;
Giant- big fast and meaty with tons of glide. I'm using a Da'E for this slot now but it and the Giant are more or less the same disc feel and flight wise.
Harp- go to for flick approach disc. I just wish it were in Opto.

Dislike;
Stag- a bit too flippy for me I like it but it's kind of in between slots.

I haven't trown any DD except for the Felon and Truth and found them both okay but not baggers.

Overall I like their lines, I could go all Trillogy if I had to.

Thanks for all of your input. The first trilogy I threw was the saint which clicked for me. Although I still like throwing it I found I am starting to like the stag more for similar shots. I actually haven't found a Westside disc I don't like. Just starting to expand to dynamic where the truth is my workhorse mid and just picked up a verdict which I'm really happy with.

What has everyone found as the best driving putter? I just picked up a Warden which I really like but I need to get one in lucid plastic before I drive on a course. The soft plastic gets ripped up too easily for driving

What has everyone found as the best driving putter? I just picked up a Warden which I really like but I need to get one in lucid plastic before I drive on a course. The soft plastic gets ripped up too easily for driving

pure.

its a mini buzz

if you want an OS driving putter - Harp. like a slower more controllable roc.

if you want an OS driving putter - Harp. like a slower more controllable roc.

Tweener for sure. Don't think anyone would seriously putt with the harp, also it was no more OS than a suspect for me. The suspects shallow rim felt so much better to me, plus the plastic selection. (I've always been a breaker fan though, so the similarity to suspect is obvious) now the sinus, is another story, that's OS.

Also, I don't understand comparisons between harps a slower roc and a pures a slower buzzz??

Suspect-ups and short flicks
Core-newly discovered and really enjoying it
Truth-the truth
Verdict-super predictable
Trident-thumbers
Witness-turnovers
Escape-trusty go to
Saint pro-stable to os
Trespass-newly discovered
Dynamics Ranger Bag
Disc naming "theme"
The plastic blends available

Dislikes:
Recycled plastic & the recycled stamp logo
Fury-touchy
Stag-under stable from what I thought??
Harp-read above
Just the thought of the misselin
Havoc, flow,villain
Fuse-too much glide

I drove with an option pure on some holes and it flies straight or finishes left depending on how much hyzer. Need a driving putter to finish left as well. Open to suggestions

Like the Spike, Mace, Suspect, River and Escape.
Loved the Pure, but had to give it up in the end, couldn't grip the opto plastic consistently. I have very dry hands and can't grip any Champion like plastic well unless its hot out.

Didn't care for the Saint or Renegade
Don't like their Classic blends plastics, for me, this stuff is worse than DX.
Don't like that they don't offer their putters in Fuzion or Gold line plastics.

Last edited:
-OPTO XXX (my goto utility)
-OPTO SCYTHE (long firebird!)
-GOLD BOLT (looooooves tailwinds)
-VIP WORLD (flex shots)

DISLIKES
-OPTO STRIKER (a worse starfire)
-THE FACT THAT I HAVEN'T GIVEN DD THE TIME OF DAY... PEOPLE TELL ME I NEED A LUCID FELON

Latest posts