• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trip to Harmon Hills

jjtwinnova

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I'm playing at Harmon Hills this weekend while visiting family. I was wondering how busy it will be, if I should tell anybody I'm coming, and any tips on getting around the course.

Any information will help and I I look forward to playing one of the best!

You can go their Facebook page, Harmon Hills DGC & contact them there. Aaron & the rest of the folks are GREAT people & they are always happy to have visitors. It's not required you contact them first but you definitely can. Just show up (and please help out with a donation!) & get ready for some great DG.
If I was a betting man I would guess there may be a decent amount of people. It's supposed to be sunny & mid 70's so I'm sure you won't be alone!

Bring beverages and snacks with you, there isn't any commerce nearby even back at the highway exit. Cell phone signal can be spotty.

Navigation is pretty straight forward but I'd still suggest printing a map. +100 on bringing drink and snacks - it's not close to much and playing all 27 holes is going to take a while.

I'll give you the options I can remember=
Knoxville-
* Victor Ashe= semi long, very open, nice course but nothing special IMHO
* Morningside= we have a C tier tomorrow so wouldn't go there
* Tommy Schumpert = wooded front, more open back, very solid course

Johnson City-

* Winged Deer= haven't played it in a while, right beside I 81

Kingsport-
* Warriors Path= been a while but this was a really fun course

Morristown-
* they have 3 solid courses- Kiwanis, Frank Lorino, Cherokee Park

I'll give you the options I can remember=
Knoxville-
* Victor Ashe= semi long, very open, nice course but nothing special IMHO
* Morningside= we have a C tier tomorrow so wouldn't go there
* Tommy Schumpert = wooded front, more open back, very solid course

Johnson City-

* Winged Deer= haven't played it in a while, right beside I 81

Kingsport-
* Warriors Path= been a while but this was a really fun course

Morristown-
* they have 3 solid courses- Kiwanis, Frank Lorino, Cherokee Park

Almost forget the newest course in the area, The Claytons in Alcoa. Very wooded front & pretty open, very long back. Very solid course.
Not sure how long you're in town but give Harmon Hills most of the day. It takes a while for all 27 & you definitely want to take your time & enjoy it. As others said, make sure you have what you need before you get off interstate. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, one pizza joint down the road & that's it, literally!

Last edited:
I play there when I'm in the tri cities for work. Just make sure you leave a donation in the box to help out. Navigation is fairly simple, 1st tee right there in the front yard beside the mailbox, hole 10 on the opposite side of the house, hole 19 across the road... 3 easy loops. BRING LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is only one set of tee pads per hole and all have a tee sign on a tree usually. Most of all have fun. As for other courses, winged deer is my next favorite but its not right off 81.... you have to take 23/26 down towards johnson city off of 81, its literally probably 20 mins off of 81.

I play there when I'm in the tri cities for work. Just make sure you leave a donation in the box to help out. Navigation is fairly simple, 1st tee right there in the front yard beside the mailbox, hole 10 on the opposite side of the house, hole 19 across the road... 3 easy loops. BRING LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is only one set of tee pads per hole and all have a tee sign on a tree usually. Most of all have fun. As for other courses, winged deer is my next favorite but its not right off 81.... you have to take 23/26 down towards johnson city off of 81, its literally probably 20 mins off of 81.

Your right, it's on 11E not 81

In Johnson City Alpine Ski Center has the best selection of discs. They even have a used bin so you can offload what you don't want or pick up some good finds. My 14 year old loves going there. Lots of cute young girls work there and Mike the manger is a great guy.

Latest posts