• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trip to Lincoln NE

Mfrench

I'll be there for the long weekend. Is there anything worth playing other than Max E Roper? Any locals up for a round on Sat afternoon?

Roper's the best. Tierra is fun, but overgrown a bit, and only a 9 hole course. If you can, I'd go down to Chautauqua in Beatrice, or roll up to Omaha where there's Seymour Smith and the new Hummel Park.

I'd go down to Chautauqua in Beatrice, or roll up to Omaha where there's Seymour Smith and the new Hummel Park.
I second the trip to Beatrice. Chautauqua has three full sets of tees to suit your level of challenge.

On Omaha, Seymour is about on par with Roper, but it gets terribly crowded in the afternoons, and at last report Hummel was still closed due to flooding complications in the area around the park. If you're headed up that way, I'd advise taking the I-80 bridge across the river to Iowa Western Community College and playing the Treasure Cove course there.

Thanks for the input, I'm going to hit Chataqua on my way up, and get to Roper on Saturday. I tried Tierra last time, it was almost unplayable. I might find time to give it another shot.

The 9er in Superior is awesome (for a 9-hole course in a flat park) -- if my brother has been keeping up with maintenance.

Smith is no better than Roper. Roper is actually more fun, and also a better course. In my opinion.

Waverly isn't really worth the trip to the east side, if that course is even still there.

Latest posts