• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tripod stools

The Bird Man said:
Huk Lab introduced a new design on their stool this year. It looks pretty sweet.
HSIT-graphic.jpg

ive seen the new design in person, and am not a fan. its white and pink and the whole butterfly pinstripe madness theyve had going on doesnt appeal to me at all.

Ode said:
ive seen the new design in person, and am not a fan. its white and pink and the whole butterfly pinstripe madness theyve had going on doesnt appeal to me at all.

Esp. when you are paying the Huk price for it.

I went down to REI today and checked out the stools. They had the REI version that's replaced the Camptime stool (mentioned above), and they also have their own version of the Chair as well, $20 and $25 respectively. The chair has a more comfortable seat, but the back is too narrow for me and jabs me below the shoulder blades. It was perfect for my wife. It was also not nearly as portable, really cumbersome.

I tried the flat, green bench-like one, it was more comfortable but extremely wobbly, I could totally see myself falling backwards when I sit down on it on uneven terrain. It did fold up to be extremely small.

The REI stool was just fine. It didn't crush my crotch like I thought it would. If the seat were just a tad bigger, it'd be perfect. It's not the greatest, but they're running a 20% off thing for members, so I got it for $15, I'm happy. I think I'd like the Camptime one better since it looks flat and I could put my bag on it a little easier, but for half the price, I think I'll just stick with the REI one. The REI one hangs perfectly from my Chimp, doesn't get in the way, I think it'll work well.

If anyone sees the Camptime Stool for $20 or $25 (shipped), let me know.

Latest posts