• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trouble throwing past 450

Video! You can get a good look at a bulls arse if you stick your head in a T-bone.

Whenever I stick my head in a bulls arse, the T-bone is pretty visible. When I try it the other way around it just doesn't happen.

Edit: I only speak from personal experience.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet...didn't read all the posts.

Are you keeping your none throwing arm tucked in real tight down your side as you rotate? If your other arm is sticking out it slows your rotation dramatically. It is like an iceskater that goes faster and faster the tighter they pull their body in line and slow down if arms or legs go outward.

This is how I get more distance and my method to add feet. Ur weight transfer, arm speed, technique, and smoothness. Those are the key that help distance. Ok boss is a great discs i have 3 in the bag but my main D driver is a Wraith it is not as overstable as the boss or destroyer. I put a small hyzer and it give me a small S and a beat one that will give me bigger S and more D. I have thrown the Katana and it broke the 500 ft mark for me. He is a tip that I do and it invrease my D about 50ft the last 2 years. It sounds stupid but it works. Since it is cold bundle urself up when it is hard for you to follow through at ur normal speed and snap a towel. This excerise will help increase ur arm speed when when u feel like it is it normal speed after you r bundled up take the layers off and throw a discs u should notice ur arm speed increase which will add D and snap to ur drive as well.

Hope this helps

P.S. Throw more stable discs like a wraith or an orc it will stay up longer.

Last edited:
This is how I get more distance and my method to add feet. Ur weight transfer, arm speed, technique, and smoothness. Those are the key that help distance. Ok boss is a great discs i have 3 in the bag but my main D driver is a Wraith it is not as overstable as the boss or destroyer. I put a small hyzer and it give me a small S and a beat one that will give me bigger S and more D. I have thrown the Katana and it broke the 500 ft mark for me. He is a tip that I do and it invrease my D about 50ft the last 2 years. It sounds stupid but it works. Since it is cold bundle urself up when it is hard for you to follow through at ur normal speed and snap a towel. This excerise will help increase ur arm speed when when u feel like it is it normal speed after you r bundled up take the layers off and throw a discs u should notice ur arm speed increase which will add D and snap to ur drive as well.

Hope this helps

P.S. Throw more stable discs like a wraith or an orc it will stay up longer.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Taylor, can you post a vid? At 450 you are most likely doing just about everything right. I've heard many times that 350 is a hard plateau to surpass and I'm guessing 450 is the same but I've not had the pleasure except off a mountainside.
It sounds to me like he's at the upper end of that 350' plateau. He's right on the verge of really hitting it, but isn't quite yet. Chances are his mechanics are great but there are some minor timing elements he isn't getting quite right.

I'd get some high quality video and post it here and at DGR. Higher framrates are good and don't post only slow mo. They'll need normal speed to help find timing issues.

it's getting deep in here.

oh and by the way, I am having trouble shagging more than 8 women a night. My form is great but i just can't satisfy 9.

How's my cuddling? my cuddling is really good. I feel confident cuddling/snuggling for any length of time.

HAHA. we must be putting experts, he asks about improving distance when he is already throwing further than half the people here, and we give him putting advice.
My problem is also putting related.
I can not stop getting aces, how can I work on putting if it always goes in on the first throw? :D

Hello hello golfer's! My name is Seth and I have been playing right at 2 years. I am trying to increase my Distance but can't seem to consistently break over 450ft. My best drives have been just a little over 450ft. So.....Any of you long arms out there want to shed a little light on the topic I would love to hear any helpful idea's to add more ft. I do know that most holes do not require me to throw this far ,but it's something I am trying to work on regardless. Thanks again everyone!

I think frisbee flight is more like a paper airplane... in that the harder you throw sometimes the more turbulence you create and the more you are working against the flow of the release.

It's almost like the flying ability of the frisbee comes before the power of the thrower.

I like in this video how Nate talks about the difference between power and throwing hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWtmRk-_uag

Ken Climo and his friends were at our local course (he lives, I guess, or did), and I watched them throw. The course, already really small, was not big enough for them, so they had to skip baskets and go for the next hole's basket to have any challenge.

When I watched them, I really thought, by the look of their run-ups that the discs were going to go about 350 feet. But they just kept going.

But their throws were not hard and did not look powerful at all - they were just smooth, and they were so easily throwing 450 - 500.

But, also, they are not physically powerful guys - not in the sense of having excessive strength: just refined strength and finesse.

When I watched them, I really thought, by the look of their run-ups that the discs were going to go about 350 feet. But they just kept going.
That's what a high snap flight looks like. Just when it looks like the disc is going to fade, it turns a tiny bit and goes another 50'. It's pretty cool to see.

But their throws were not hard and did not look powerful at all - they were just smooth, and they were so easily throwing 450 - 500.

That's what I see over and over again when I watch the top pros online. But it's true in just about any sport that the pros make it look easy. A guy who is throwing in 3 pointers all night is not grunting like a pig. The lesson is to throw with smooth, well timed control. Leave the grunting to the pigs and the power lifters.

Latest posts