• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trouble throwing X-Stratus

ETXdiscguy

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble throwing my Xstratus driver straight. It just curves out far right. I do not have any other problems with any of my discs besides that one.i can throw a roc, buzzz, and aviar perfectly. IAlso can throw my leopard fairway driver very straight as well. Could it just be the disc? Every once in a while I can get it to go straight. Maybe 90% of the time it goes to the right hard. I'm also a rhbh thrower who is pretty new to the Game. Anyone else have this problem where they can't throw a particular disc in their bag? Thanks in advance!

Put some hyser onto the disc as you throw! I throw this disc as well and it actually can do a RHBH thrower well in terms of turn.

Last edited:
It could be that you are torquing the disc and it is turning over really hard. As mentioned above is a very understable disc. Try throwing it with less power, and see what happens. Also try throwing it with an intentional hyzer, you can experiment with hyzer flips.

I have that problem with Fuses. I know how great they are, but they just won't work for me, no matter what I do. Throw flat, they roll. Throw on an anhyzer, (don't throw on an anhyzer). Throw with hyzer, they turn over. Throw straight up and down, they flip to flat and then carry right. I know part of the issue is my form, but it's downright maddening how I can get any other disc to do what it's supposed to, but the Fuse just flies 80' and turns hard right with almost no fade. So I get your frustration.

Love the Stratus. I don't have a lot of power, so I hyzer flip it to get a straight flight. If I want it to turn right I just put less hyzer or throw flat, depending on amount of turn needed. Why don't they mold these in ESP, anyone?

Love the Stratus. It's just one of those discs that really works well for me. I don't have a lot of power, so I hyzer flip it to get a straight flight. If I want it to turn right I just put less hyzer or throw flat, depending on amount of turn needed. Why don't they mold these in ESP, anyone?

Love the Stratus. I don't have a lot of power, so I hyzer flip it to get a straight flight. If I want it to turn right I just put less hyzer or throw flat, depending on amount of turn needed. Why don't they mold these in ESP, anyone?

X and D plastics shrink differently than the premiums. Don't know if that's the reason or not. Seems like ESP is their least favorite plastic.

X and D plastics shrink differently than the premiums. Don't know if that's the reason or not. Seems like ESP is their least favorite plastic.

That may be the reason, as they also aren't available in Z plastic either

Why aren't Meteors available in Elite X plastic? That would make my bag complete :thmbup: Maybe I'll have to try a Stratus for tailwind turnovers.

Why aren't Meteors available in Elite X plastic? That would make my bag complete :thmbup: Maybe I'll have to try a Stratus for tailwind turnovers.

I wonder the same thing about Surges, they are available in D, Z and ESP but not X.

I wonder the same thing about Surges, they are available in D, Z and ESP but not X.

I remember Discraft used to have 150 class X Surges in 07ish

But yeah, Discraft not having X Surges is actually why I throw Wraiths. It is indeed weird, Innova can mold em, but Discraft doesn't :confused: Flippin a beat Pro Wraith gets my best distances. But I'd switch over to Surges in a second, if they ran some X's. Fjord sjord

As mentioned, the Stratus will fly straight if started out with some hyzer. But but I mainly throw the Stratus when I'm counting on the turnover either to get around a corner or to avoid trouble on the right (as a LHBH thrower).