• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Turnover distance driver

DavidHedvin

Bogey Member
I ordered a s-line TD 170g and thought this would cover my turnover distance throws. But it is more stable than what I thought. I get an nice s-curve but its hard to get a more turnover line.

I throw about 370 feet with my PhD, 420 feet with my Shryke etc.

Which disc I have for anyhyzer / turnover?

My bag right now:

Fairway:

Frost River (cover good turnover throws but want NGT longer).
S-line FD
C-line FD
Ch Teebird

Distnace Driver:

S-TD
P-PD
S-PD
C-PD
S-Wraith
S-Destroyer
S- Shryke

First, keep working with that TD and it will become more of a turnover disc.

Second, try the Marshal Street Flight Guide. It will show discs in the area you're seeking, be it overstable mids or turnover drivers.

For me, the Discraft Avenger SS and the DD Renegade are good choices for discs that are turnover or will become turnover discs with use.

I use a 166g S-TD for this, but it's been seasoned in quite nicely. I have a bit shorter arm than you (max out at 400' with any sort of consistency) My other discs I've used for this slot have been Prodigy's D4, Discraft Heat, and the classic Sidewinder. Plenty of good discs in the high-speed understable line, but I've found the S-TD to feel the best in the hand and after some beating in, it flies perfect for hyzerflip tunnels, long turnovers, and even rollers.

Td has same wing as a RR, which would work.

Also, the old run TD were dead straight with little fade at the end. The newer run TD fly like a valk.

Highly recommend a pPD, especially the flatter ones.

Other good options: Sidewinder, Roadrunner, Thrasher, Fury, Queen, Renegade

I'll go with Prodiscus FASTi. BTW, have I mentioned that Ultrium plastic is the best in business?

The TD is good for this shot, but it does require some speed and angle, for me at least. I've had some success with a BioFuzion Trespass, but you would have to beat that in just a little bit before it can effectively do that. Thankfully BioFuzion beats in pretty quick.

Id try that TD in P line. I've currently got a Biofuzion Renegade ITB for this purpose

259a9047c1ec157e89300d1ff08ba23e_meme-he-meme-hes-right-you-hes-right-you-know-meme_800-598.jpeg

I like a beat in King. Very good glide and can hold a line for a lot of its life as well.

Lighter dadelus, star shryke, if you've got some clean BH form the queen.

Slower I'd say mamba/star sidewinder/beat in roadrunner.

Even slower than that just learn to abuse a beat pro tbird.

Edit: metal flake mambas are stubbornly hard to beat in to us utility. I've literally smashed into a brick wall with one messing around and it still won't hold a line right all the way.

Last edited:
Not to be that guy, but what about the TD2? Same numbers as the TD, but -4 instead of -2. I've had one in my bag for a good while now, and is my go-to turnover driver. I got two S-Line TD2s a few years ago, and it holds what you give it, with the right snap. Then again, it's not entirely out of the question to gas it and turn it into a roller. The S-line may be a bit understable, so maybe a C-line is a good choice, but I love the feel of the S-line TD2.

Damn, now I want to put my C-line TD back in my bag for a bit haha.