• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

U niced me...

Do you believe in the 'You niced me' myth?

• Yes, it's absolutely true

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • That's stoopid...not true

Votes: 71 48.3%
  • I'll throw a disc at your head if you nice me

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Sometimes I nice myself for the hell of it

Votes: 35 23.8%

• Total voters

Noill

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Yeah I've said it and it's been said to me... I'm wondering how many of you out there subscribe to the 'You niced me' myth. For those who don't know this is when a thrower's disc is mid flight (or thereabouts), looking real good in-flight and out of nowhere a watcher says "Nice!"...just then the disc does something crappy and the shot blows...or the putt is missed, etc.

Niced myself twice tonight. The first was swatted down by a tree and the other was a missed a putt that rolled into the rough.

The disc isn't alive so it doesn't respond to people saying anything. However trees are alive and hate disc golfers so when they hear someone say "nice shot" they reach out and hit the disc.

Wow, i thought this lore only existed in our group...this is proof for me.

Also, also wondered about his name-two birds with one stone(sigh)...I learn so much on this site

That's usualy when my disc hits the invisable tree.

:hfive:
I have felt the same way. The disc will travel all the way up the hill, flying around all the trees, someone says "NICE", I turn around to get my bag, I hear "Ooooh" coming from everyone, I turn back around to see my disc rolling back down the hill and end up 50' in front of the teepad. That's when I ask "Which tree did that hit?" The answer is always "Uh, I don't know. It looked like it was going to be parked."

I voted #1. I know it's superstitious but I really try to wait till a disc grounds out before I say anything.

I voted #1. I know it's superstitious but I really try to wait till a disc grounds out before I say anything.

I agree with adh56. I firmly believe that you should wait until the disc has stopped moving completely to comment on the shot.

I have been "niced" multiple times and have "niced" people as well...I didn't see a trend in "nicing" people until I read this thread. I am not going to nice someone's throw unless it has already stopped on the ground or is resting in the bottom of the basket!

I have niced others before and have seen them get upset! Ha! Ha! Ha! It's just an excuse IMO. I will try not to nice people in the future though.

ANG...Anti-Nicing Group

Only for those who will follow and obey the rule of the group...
"No nicing of a players shot until said shot has come to a complete and total stop."

I like to 'nice' my buddy because he gets better scores than the rest of us and we need all the help we can get :)

:hfive:
I have felt the same way. The disc will travel all the way up the hill, flying around all the trees, someone says "NICE", I turn around to get my bag, I hear "Ooooh" coming from everyone, I turn back around to see my disc rolling back down the hill and end up 50' in front of the teepad. That's when I ask "Which tree did that hit?" The answer is always "Uh, I don't know. It looked like it was going to be parked."

that reminds me of the time i niced my self and the wind took my disk up and over to the right to hit the parking lot and wibble wobble 100' behind the tee "i was at latimer lakes i teed off at tee 1 my disc came to rest on the curb by tee 4 if you know the area thats way off"

I never say that any more. Especially at tournys or doubles, you make a good comment about a disc, then the flight changes in a bad way and the end result of the throw is bad. The person who threw the disc is already pissed off and that just adds insult to it. I shut my mouth until the disc comes to a stop.

Latest posts