• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ultimatum: Nuke vs. Katana

Which do you prefer?

• Discraft Nuke

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Innova Katana

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters

ChaseTheAce

Double Eagle Member
Since both the Nuke and Katana have been released, both have had plenty of time to find their way into many player's bags. Which of the two do you prefer and why?

The Nuke is only available in ESP as of now whereas the Katanas are available in Star, Champ, Pro, and R-Pro. This kind of gives the Katana an edge (pun totally intended), but I still think it is a fair competition between the two.

Personally, I can get a bit more distance out of my seasoned memorial Nuke in comparison to both my Star and Champ Katanas, but not too much. I prefer the lip and wing on the Katana because it reminds me of a Boss, whereas the Nuke's rim is a bit too deep and causes the occasional awkward release.

nukes have found their way into peoples bags? it found its way into...and out of...my bag pretty damn quick.

dg katana ninjas for life!

31454_2008030821425923.thumb.jpg

I've had my Katana for a while.
With my 250' range, it's a great wind disc.
I haven't tried out the Nuke yet, since i just got it.
Tomorrow will be the Nuke's first trial.

I pick Teebird :D

When I play with someone who throws either of these discs further than I toss my Teebird I might be convinced to try one. Until then...

With only having about 350' of power, I seem to be able to get more consistant distance out of my 167g Pro Katana compared with my 168g ESP Nuke. Since I only throw either of those two discs for max D, the Katana gets my pick since it goes farther more often than my Nuke.

I'd rather have a Polecat than those two.

I have not thrown a Katana yet but from what I have seen of it, it is way flippy. Maybe as flippy as that polecat.

I'll take my Nuke, which is significantly less flippy.

If this were a true 'ultimatum' then the last consequence would be death. A death I would freely accept knowing that I can throw any one of the other discs in my bag either further, with better consistency, and/or still be able to out shoot a gentleman/lady on the hole in question.

Learn how to throw a disc. More importantly, learn why to throw a disc.

If this were a true 'ultimatum' then the last consequence would be death. A death I would freely accept knowing that I can throw any one of the other discs in my bag either further, with better consistency, and/or still be able to out shoot a gentleman/lady on the hole in question.

Learn how to throw a disc. More importantly, learn why to throw a disc.

So what you're saying is that you're secure enough in your superiority to let the rest of us plebes kill you? Wait right here while I gather a mob of your inferiors. But seriously, why would I want to throw a disc?

These discs are for different types of throwers. Katanas are for you noodle arm players that cant throw a nuke. I cant wait for a more stable production Nuke X. Go discraft!

I have one of each and neither will likely have any significant presence in my bag or the backup box anytime soon, unless a genie pops out of my Mountain Dew and grants me a wish to have hands about three sizes bigger. They are a bitch to grip.

Already burned & turned one Pro Katana. Nuke seems to be wearing out too. Aquired a new Pro Katana yesterday. Suspect it will last a short time as well. I should get a Champ KA. Will continue to hope for a Z or CryZtal Glitter Nuke with a Pony stamp, like everyone else. I am at a loss as to how I should vote.

I'm not the best backhand thrower by all means only been throwing it 8-10 months but I can throw 350-400ft and I can't flip the champ katana if I tried. I'm 6'4 190ish I have huge hands and can't get it to flip no matter how hard I try.. :-/ Haven't tried a nuke seen plenty of them thrown tho.. will it flip more as I break it in?? personally I like the xg boss

Yeah those champ Katanas are really stable. My buddy throws 375-400 easy with a Wraith, and couldn't flip his Champ Katana at all.

Latest posts