• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Underrated discs

CE Spider

expensive but a great midrange disc that will last FOREVER

Finally got some a few weeks back and yup, they're great. Stable enough that I can crank on them and they'll just go straight. Put a little hyzer angle on them and they'll hyzer. Wish it would warm up already so I could throw them again.

Discs that I throw a lot that I feel are under-rated, Lat 64 Flow and Vision.

I would say part of this is due variations in the molds

Dome, plastic type, weight etc can make for a wide range on both discs.

But once you find a sweet spot in these molds, they both are quite useful!

Also I would agree with the OP regarding the Trident

The Discraft Zeppelin, 2011's Ace Race disc. I don't think anybody throws them, they were much hated, and never went into production.

I think it is one of the smoothest approach discs there is. You throw it, and it goes where you tell it to. It has a small following here, but generally it's very underrated...or unknown by most players.

IMO, the most underrated disc is the Discraft Xpress. I find it to be very versatile, you put it on a line, and it will stay there, I use it mostly for anhyzer shots though. I am the only person I know that keeps one in their bag.

The Boss. Now hear me out. I know that most noobs go out and get a Boss to forehand flick around the course, which is fine by me, but I believe this has given the Boss a bad reputation because of the stereotype that has been attached to it. Also, I rarely see a "good" player pull a Boss out of their bag and I rarely hear anything mentioned on this forum about that disc. The Boss is my favorite long d driver bar none. If I have a tad bit of open space in front of me I always pull this disc out and for whatever reason it is my furthest flyer.

Q-Sentinel. Heavy SM one's can take a Drone out of your bag, and a solid 170g SM can pretty much do everything a hornet and KC roc want to do.

X-Buzzz- all the glide, shaping and awesome you could possibly want for 1/5 the price of bar stamped. (<-- most overrated)

I'll second Warlock- with the AviarPnA being so popular, i'd really anticipate more guys throwing what is essentially the same thing, only in any base plastic you can imagine.

underrated

The Discraft Zeppelin, 2011's Ace Race disc. I don't think anybody throws them, they were much hated, and never went into production.

I think it is one of the smoothest approach discs there is. You throw it, and it goes where you tell it to. It has a small following here, but generally it's very underrated...or unknown by most players.

:clap:won the ace race with this one^^^^ you can go for the basket and not blow past it most of the time

so does the birdy

I think the River is an underrated disc in that many people don't give it a fair chance. Lots of people hear how great they are from those of us that throw them, then try them only to give one about a round worth of messing around. It's a tough disc to learn but an amazing disc to have in your bag if you can pin it down.

Imo the river may be the most overhyped dics around.

Lightning Helix 2 or HX-2 in their Pro plastic is a super reliable fairway driver, and sits along side eagles and teebirds in my bag.

Last edited: