• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Underrated discs

Vibram X-Link Firm Ibex I use it whenever I get inside of 300 feet for just about any type of shot, the line you put it on is the line it will fly on.

My favorite disc I've thrown one afternoon practice session. :clap:

Vibram has a real positive Vibe from me the few times I've thrown 'em.

I also have to say discraft FLASH, i think it would benefit a bunch of Ams to try this disc. Flys great out the box in Z plastic, and comfortable size rim, and very controlable. This disc is a sleeper for sure

Discraft Hawk. For when it absolutely positively has to go arrow straight. But five or so tree hits and it turns so freakishly understable. Which is kinda good for when it absolutely positively has to go right:)

This in z plastic. Got one of nate doss' old ghost stamp z's and the thing holds any line you want to put it on. It's crazy good.

DGA Reef (Mini Comets)

I've ripped my SP Reef, and it doesn't turn, it doesn't fade ... it just goes out and sits down.

All vibram and I find the krait in blizzard to be quite useful

Reaper. It is unfortunately OOP.

My favorite FH disc (I like the feel of the rim better than a predator or banshee), and it is the most reliable hard hook disc ever. It is also my go-to get out of trouble disc.

I would have to say discrafts Flash and banger gt. I throw them both and love them and don't see many other players throwing them, nor do I see them throwing any z cyclones

I'm going to have to disagree on the Flash. I've ran into a number of people this year that had at least one in the bag.

I'm going XL. Everyone seems to think Discraft doesn't have any good fairway drivers. I know when this was released it was a "distance driver" and Scott Stokely blah, blah, blah. Talk about a longer Buzzz! It has the same line as a Buzzz for me except 20-30% longer. In ESP it will hold an anny forever. In Z and fresh Elite Pro (if you can find one; maybe D too, not sure) it has a nice reliable fade. Sweet hyzer flips!

I threw one when I was a noob and just rediscovered them and I'm glad I did.

^^^I thought I was the only one who uses an EliteZ XL as a longish midrange. :thmbup:

I totally agree on the XL. I have been throwing them for years. Usually for long straight tunnel type shots where you dont want much fade. Currently using the FLX and I love it. It can do about anything I want and if I am playing in the woods and smoke a tree it does not pinball 200 feet away. Also does not skip as much as Z and is a titch more OS than regular ESP. Very underrated indeed.

I have also been loving up on my Surge SS lately. Its like the FLX XL but longer. I do not really see many others throw that either.

My x xl's beat in too have very little fade if thrown with any power and fly like a longer x comet. I agree though its underrated

my vote goes to the latitude 64 opto-line flow. my two favorite drivers are the star destroyer and wraith (2006 cfr's). for me, the flow is just a shorter destroyer with a little less turn and some glide. it broke into my bag just last year and has started to become a goto instead of just a utility on calmer days (wind 0-10). what prompted me to try the flow: the hole in my bag seemed to be those medium to medium-long (380-420ft) holes with a tight fairway where i need to put some snap on the disc, yet not flip it, and let the glide kick in knowing that its not gonna have that nasty fade as the spin slows up. this was my first experience with latitude plastic after having been very happy with my innova/discraft mixed bag. glad that my bro bought me one on a whim!

Another underrated disc is the Cro... It's extremely reliable and seems more durable than typical Dx plastic...Very much a multi use disc...

Ching Legacy - 1st run.

Straight and predictable midrange. Can hold any line. Doesn't skip and roll - just floats and lands for a precise approach. If I travel and want to carry a small bag it can double as a putter.

Honorable mentions: Elite X Stratus - best right turning midrange, Elite X XL - straightest fairway driver - my go to for any long tunnel shots, Discwing's Quarter K II - has been long replaced, but was the first disc I could throw past 350 ft.

I like this thread. I'm always happy when I see people throwing stuff that's not so popular. I'm not saying popular molds are bad, not at all but there are other discs out there that get the job done just as well or even better.