• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Understable Compliment to the Buzzz

I don't think I said that. I said the stalker is very similar to the Striker. Ditch the stalker. I haven't thrown the River or seen it thrown, or even know the numbers. Which is why I said that one will have to be up to you.

When I first read it I thought you said it was a choice was between the Striker, Stalker, and River. But after rereading, that was incorrect.

Yeah Katanas like just a little air underneath them... try an E* Katana even lower like 5-10' and see what that does... I'm thinkin' you'll like it

nothing would please me more than to drop another $16 on another high speed driver that I know I don't need, but I'm going to have to pass. :D

my striker is like a longer teebird. it's not very understable at all, maybe once it beats in more.

word. a 172 GL ive had for 2 months and its not understable. "longer teebird" is exactly the way i describe it.

you guys may have to pry my katana from my cold dead hands. That thing goes amazingly far on a great line for me. I don't know if it makes a difference (there are a million different types of katanas already), but it's a star lemmon lake one. If I keep it around 10-15 feet, it just goes and goes, with a nice turn and not too much fade. It pretty much lands dead straight ahead in the 350 range.

You're going to have to be pretty convinceing for me to take it out my bag, but I'll hear you out.

I promise, I don't use it too much, I promise. DON'T TAKE IT PLEASE!

No one is gonna pry it out of your hand but I will snicker loudly every time I outdrive your katana with my comet.

No one is gonna pry it out of your hand but I will snicker loudly every time I outdrive your katana with my comet.

:D:D:D

That's kinda pushing it for me. 350 with a comet on flat ground takes a bit of work. Mine hyzers out at about 325 or thrown too low just hits ground before the fade. Maybe an X comet, at that point though I'm going to throw an Avenger.

Oh I should have mentioned I don't think he is actually throwing it 350'.

BOOM! Headshot Skinner. What now?

hey! we're talking internet distance here. so when I say, "roughly" that's +/-150 feet. :D

Honestly, I have no idea how accurate 350' is. The throws I am refrencing in my mind are a hole that is marked at 370, really flat, wide open and my last handful of rounds there I have come really close to the circle. I've never actually measured a single throw in my life.

And I am working on driving my putters and mids, which is why I've added a solid 50' in max d over the summer, and most of it lately, but I by no means have a rocket arm.

url

hey! we're talking internet distance here. so when I say, "roughly" that's +/-150 feet. :D

Honestly, I have no idea how accurate 350' is. The throws I am refrencing in my mind are a hole that is marked at 370, really flat, wide open and my last handful of rounds there I have come really close to the circle. I've never actually measured a single throw in my life.

And I am working on driving my putters and mids, which is why I've added a solid 50' in max d over the summer, and most of it lately, but I by no means have a rocket arm.

So true story, back in the day I did most of my field work in a large field near my house that didn't have any markers or indicators I could accurately measure how far I threw besides me just pacing them off. I also used to play a couple of longer courses that I now know don't have very good distance on their signs so I thought I was throwing like 400' and just killing it. I was totally gonna be a pro since after such a short time I could throw my orcs and SOLSs like 400' or 450'.

Well my giant unmarked field got taken over by the city and turned into makeshift soccer fields so I had to find a new place to practice and that happened to be at the local high school's football field. So I go out there after a round one day to work on distance lines. I get to one end zone and am holding my favorite SOLS and decide I am gonna work on putting one through the uprights across the field. I wind up and throw that thing on a beautiful hyzer flip line. It flips up, turns gently to the right for 10-15' and starts a slow hyzer out and I am thinking I got the uprights on the first try. The disc has the height. It definitely has the distance and then it hits the ground short of the uprights. In fact, it didn't even make it to the other end zone. I was maxing out at like 315-325'.

that story is my greatest fear and why I have no intrest in knowing exaclty how far I throw. I can't handle that level of disappointment. Lord only knows how far my drives were before I started working on my form.

So true story, back in the day I did most of my field work in a large field near my house that didn't have any markers or indicators I could accurately measure how far I threw besides me just pacing them off. I also used to play a couple of longer courses that I now know don't have very good distance on their signs so I thought I was throwing like 400' and just killing it. I was totally gonna be a pro since after such a short time I could throw my orcs and SOLSs like 400' or 450'.

Well my giant unmarked field got taken over by the city and turned into makeshift soccer fields so I had to find a new place to practice and that happened to be at the local high school's football field. So I go out there after a round one day to work on distance lines. I get to one end zone and am holding my favorite SOLS and decide I am gonna work on putting one through the uprights across the field. I wind up and throw that thing on a beautiful hyzer flip line. It flips up, turns gently to the right for 10-15' and starts a slow hyzer out and I am thinking I got the uprights on the first try. The disc has the height. It definitely has the distance and then it hits the ground short of the uprights. In fact, it didn't even make it to the other end zone. I was maxing out at like 315-325'.

I got like this between DG courses even. One had a hole marked 375' and I throw it and I figure Im about 50' away. Go to another course and its marked 255' and I throw it and I just get to the basket (not ace). google Earth agreed with the 255' but was unable to get a clear shot of the 375' to measure.

That was about a year ago, or the beginning of this year I guess. It just ripped my ego right through my nuts. On the bright side, I just recently in the past month or 2 started getting my Ridge to that 255' hole.

that story is my greatest fear and why I have no intrest in knowing exaclty how far I throw. I can't handle that level of disappointment. Lord only knows how far my drives were before I started working on my form.

Well after that horrible realization I trimmed my bag down and started throwing a lot of slower plastic and worked my way up fairly quickly to being able to throw an orc or wraith for distance. I've been sitting at 380-400' of power for like a year and a half now and really have no desire to throw any further than that. NC golf just doesn't require much more distance than that.

Lol. I didn't tell anyone, but for the flip meetup I brought my wheel incase of boasters- no need though, everyone was cool.

350 with a comet?! that seems a little long.

I can throw an ultrastar over 300. It's not the most consistent, but it's not that ridiculous to think a comet could go further. I don't ever throw my comet for distance though.

Edit: I know the ultrastar distance because I play ultimate on a football field every Sunday and I accidentally put it out the back of the endzone on the pull sometimes.

Last edited:
really?

i don't throw them, but i hear people saying you have to throw them slow, so i just assumed they max out at 300' tops.

Latest posts