• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

understable discs?

scline

what are your favorite discs to throw understable? i mainly used to flick for a good right hooked shot but my flick has been struggling so much lately. so what do yall like to flip over? or what do you flick? maybe i just need to try some new stuff.

Stratus works well for a controlled turn over shot, but I don't get a lot of D out of it....maybe 250' on a low line and 300' if there's no ceiling. It has pretty much the same flight pattern as a forehand shot when I do a hyzer-flip turn over.

Avenger SS for distance turnovers, X Xpress for shorter turn over drives and a Buzzz SS for Mid range turn overs.

Understable
Mid = discraft Meteor or glide
driver = discraft avenger ss, or a beat up stalker

Forehand depending on distance is either a discraft predator, crush, or force or occasionally a mid if it is real short.

Stalker, Sidewinder, or Roadrunner for understable drivers.
Magic or Summit for understable putters.

see for shorter ones i can usually throw a roc that but for distance its just been hit or miss for me.

Yeah, I too have trouble with distance turn overs that don't fade back. If I need something that finishes right with a good bit of distance I'll usually throw a anhyzer from the start, but that shot doesn't have the same line as a forehand and generally needs more width and height to work.

What have you been using for your forehand shots and what have they been doing? I've started recently using the S-PD for consistent forehands that need some D. The S-PD has a lot less turn and more stability than my Destroyer, which is what I was previously using for this shot. The S-PD flies forehand like a Champ Teebird flies backhand.

Beat discs usually make the best understable discs...but not always as my favorite understable midrange is the Fuse (which starts out slightly understable and beats in slowly from there). My favorite understable driver is a beat P-PD.

Long Turnover I use Elite Z - XL
Shorter Turnover Elite X - Stratus
Sometime the Soft Banger - GT, just depends if the line is more appropriate for it over the Stratus

DX Leopards and Teebirds, Polaris LSs, Roadrunners, Star Sidewinders and all Beasts for drivers. Meteor or Comet for a mid and Magics for putters. Sorry I can't live up to my signature.

For midrange turnovers I love a beat Pro Line Cobra and for longer turnovers I love a beat Discraft X XS.

Mid - 170 Star Stingray
Fairway - Banged up 172 E-Pro Assassin
Distance - 168 Star Valk (flip dis beeyotch all day, y'all)

Apparently I throw alot of understable discs...

Just got into the Avenger SS - A++++

Polaris LS - very nice
Leopard - smooth but beats in way to easily

Rocs - yummmm
Cobra - also good...
Comet - workin on it currently

Last edited:
Favorite turnover discs:

Putters: Beat SS Wizard, Magic
Mids: Element, Beat Buzz
Drivers: Leopard, Stalker, Roadrunner

Long distance - Discraft X Xpress
Mid - Hard thrown DX Cobra (Just bought a new one because my old BDGW Cobra split =/) will curve off right sometimes even when thrown straight ahead
- Beat Innova DX Panthers. Extremely reliable

Latest posts