• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Understable Discs

Beat Wraith
Valkyrie
Beat Teebird
Meteor

Personally I prefer the worn discs that become understable than the ones that are made understable. I work for my understable discs. No base plastic either. Worth the effort in my opinion.

Beat Wraith
Valkyrie
Beat Teebird
Meteor

Personally I prefer the worn discs that become understable than the ones that are made understable. I work for my understable discs. No base plastic either. Worth the effort in my opinion.

Is the valk supposed to be Understable? Mine seems to go very straight.. I get some good distance of off it. I guess I haven't thrown it since around November of '11 but I thought I would have remembered. Either way I will pick up a DX Stingray & DX Leopard to fill in the slot next to my Pro Leopard..? Or maybe a second Pro Leopard.

Sidewinder is an excellent Understable Driver.. I have it in my small bag and works fine there. Not buying a new one and not looking to replace it. I don't need the shot that often because I only bring that bag to my home course but when needed the disc does exactly what I want it too.

I used to use a stingray for an U-S mid - nice and easy to turn. I'm currently trying out a discraft Stratus. I got some very smooth turns out of it today. It seems a little more understable than the stingray.

I tend to use a beat in Beast for longer shots but it's getting so beat that it sometime just turns, burns and rolls.

My few in the bag now are:

Cobra's (Champ, DX especially)
River's (Opto, GL especially)
Flow's (Opto, GL's are too flippy that I only use them for tailwind or steep uphill max D)

Imma go with my Star Vulctana, flippy VIP Northman, domey CE Gazelle, and Proto Wedge, for the win.

I dont do wiggy putters, Ridge does the shape work.

I just bought a meteor this week and I am loving it! .5 to the right FTW.

My Boss flips when I throw it over 220', so it's pretty under stable.

Also when I send my Jokeri past about 600', it has quite a bit of turn.

My understable array is:

Champ Katana
Champ Valk
GL River/Champ Leo(still haven't settled on the disc for this slot)
GL Fuse
DX aviar

Marshall Street has a pretty good FLIGHT GUIDE as well.

Their spatial representation of stability makes me understand it sooo much better. I can visualize where the disc falls on the chart and remember the stability of the disc.

Me too. My buddy was incredulous when I pulled out the beat DX Viper I recently picked up, and parked it with a hyzerflip on a 220' hole...with a tailwaind. Then I told him it was 159g. :D He just has it in his head that Vipers are really overstable.

If you understand how it wears, you can definitely work some magic.

Champ is worth the effort, because my beat champ EX was an amazing thing, but I stick with the DX so I have a reliable grip in all weather conditions. Too often I had to keep that champ in my bag because the weather was so crappy.

Cobra's (DX especially)

Panther, too. My champ/DX combo shaves many strokes off my score on tight courses....