• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

unique baskets / odd baskets

Excellent use of parenthese Puaahunter.

Considering the weather lately you could almost believe that is Hawaii. I believe i heard Hawaii is the only state that has not received any snow this winter.

I know some people don't like target baskets, but I need portablity, affordabilty and it has to be easy to make.
Here are my 2 collapsible baskets I use for my students.

Basket 1: bucket $.99, adjustable camera tripod $9.00, hardware $0 given to me by JRawk.
Basket 2: bucket $0, telescope tripod $4.75, Hardware $.28.
The little numbered flags came from a spalding frisbee golf set I bought at a thrift store.

Attachments

• basket1.jpg
    basket1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 135
  • baskets2.jpg
    baskets2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 793
basket1.jpg

Here is the picture not sideways

Total cost for 2 baskets/targets = $15.00

Last edited:
my sons welding project...Took second place at States.

Attachments

• 7228_1213151013853_1381125536_30939627_654195_n.jpg
    7228_1213151013853_1381125536_30939627_654195_n.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 311
  • 7228_1213155093955_1381125536_30939633_1115608_n.jpg
    7228_1213155093955_1381125536_30939633_1115608_n.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 236
I saw those pics on another thread, thanks for adding them here. I'll be amazed if the college students can create the work your son has done.:thmbup:

I certainly wouldn't count that as an "odd basket" as the thread indicates. That's a first class contraption with a nice deep basket..

The thread also serves as a collection of pictures of homemade baskets. University of Maryland students will be creating some baskets and I am collecting pictures of how you all made yours to give to them, so feel free to post your basket pics, even if they look normal, just add some info on your materials and how you made it.

The thread also serves as a collection of pictures of homemade baskets. University of Maryland students will be creating some baskets and I am collecting pictures of how you all made yours to give to them, so feel free to post your basket pics, even if they look normal, just add some info on your materials and how you made it.

I didn't do the best job of it but I was trying to make that a complement rather than a critique on the correctness of the post.

It's certainly a unique basket and that's what this is all about right?

Next time I am there I will get some close-ups but the course below has high school shop class baskets. If the gauge of the metal and chains was the slightest bit thicker you wouldn't be able to tell they're not Chainstars.
Pinncale (Newport, Nh)

Shop class baskets present a massive opportunity to get courses in the ground.

Final note:
Since I'm not adding any pictures here's something you might like if you haven't seen it.
I love the Just Baskets blog.
http://chaaaching.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Phantom Falls DGC Pine CO

The first aspen basket is from Phantom Falls DGC in Pine CO, but was NOT sold, and in fact Phantom Falls now has two of these works of art for all to play on, AWESOME!!!
the first basket was in Phantom Falls Colorado, but was sold.
the 2nd is from Sedro Wolley
The 3rd Basket is Duck Pond Recreation Center in FL
The 4th basket is "Jumonville Glenn's home-made baskets"
The 5th basket is from Sedro Wooley, WA

The 6th basket (first on post 2) is from Lake Stevens
7th is currently unknown
8th is a typical Oregon basket (as a previous post has stated)

9th (first on post 3 )is also from Sedro Wooley
10th is a "fly 18 basket"
11th is a homemade hanging tire basket.
12th is a target from Sedro Wooley

The 1st aspen basket is from Phantom Falls DGC in Pine CO, but was NOT sold, in fact Phantom Falls now has TWO of these works of art for all to play on and they catch GREAT, AWESOME!!!!!

13th is probably an Oregon basket, but don't quote me
14th is a homemade basket originally posted by JackAce
15th is a homemade basket by DrummerJunkie101
16th is a basket from Phantom Falls in CO

17 is a random homemade basket
18 is a random homemade basket
19 I am unsure about this one.

20 is a Marty McFly experiment
21 I am unsure about this one.
22 I am unsure about this one.
23 random homemade basket

24 (the green triangle basket) is from Bloomington, MN

Page 2 baskets I posted
25 a random homemade basket
26 a target from Darnestown, MD

Homemade, hanging, and with a backstop. I think I love that hole. Can you post a course link?

Homemade, hanging, and with a backstop. I think I love that hole. Can you post a course link?

It is a sweet hole, as are the other 17 there. You would love the whole course. There's not a bad shot on the entire course, and all of the baskets are hanging baskets.

I seem to remember lots of bad shots on that course. And I think most of them were released from my hand. But couldn't you have taken that picture with my approach shot lying nearby? It was my only really good shot all day.

Latest posts