• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

United States disc golf championships

Is pay per view at US dgc a good idea or not?

• Total voters
McBeth has been listening to you OMD, and changed him game plan on 11. Yesterday McBeth played safeish on his tee shot, and then his second rolled OB, leaving him a 60' par putt. Today he went for the risky drive, got in-bounds, and left himself with an easy 200' pitch up for his birdie. Even if he goes OB on that drive, it's much safer to risk it on the drive because worst case scenario is you have 240' to get up and down for par. Beats risking it on the approach because a bad shot means you're left with a long par putt.

McBeth has been listening to you OMD, and changed him game plan on 11. Yesterday McBeth played safeish on his tee shot, and then his second rolled OB, leaving him a 60' par putt. Today he went for the risky drive, got in-bounds, and left himself with an easy 200' pitch up for his birdie. Even if he goes OB on that drive, it's much safer to risk it on the drive because worst case scenario is you have 240' to get up and down for par. Beats risking it on the approach because a bad shot means you're left with a long par putt.

I think that having the fairway be wider at the beginning and become narrower as you go down the fairway would help with the idea of fairly punishing shots. I don't mean a steady narrowing, but a narrowing that slowly decreases in size until close to the landing zone, where it pinches off quickly before the LZ.

Actually, it's not hard to figure where to put trees to get a specified punishment multiplier. For example, say you want everyone's inaccuracy to cause them to end up 3 times as far from the target as they would have without any trees.

You would plant a lot of trees on both sides in two parabolas that start at the tee, are 38 feet left/right of center halfway down the fairway, then converge on the target.

So, the fairway would start narrow at the tee, widen halfway, and end narrow at the target.

However, since the worst 24% of throws don't really need as much of a punishment multiplier, the fairway could start 75 feet wide, then begin to narrow halfway to the target.

Actually, it's not hard to figure where to put trees to get a specified punishment multiplier. For example, say you want everyone's inaccuracy to cause them to end up 3 times as far from the target as they would have without any trees.

You would plant a lot of trees on both sides in two parabolas that start at the tee, are 38 feet left/right of center halfway down the fairway, then converge on the target.

So, the fairway would start narrow at the tee, widen halfway, and end narrow at the target.

However, since the worst 24% of throws don't really need as much of a punishment multiplier, the fairway could start 75 feet wide, then begin to narrow halfway to the target.

Cool, great ideas. Thanks.

Whats the actual distance you have to carry in order to get in the circle on hole 10? 460?

That's what it was in 2011 when I played the course, but I think they've moved the tee and OB ever so slightly since then. I think there's an old caddie book that shows the length, but I also don't know when that caddie book was from since I can't find older years' books.

I don't want to give USDGC any ideas, but if they ever put a basket behind a giant European Medieval-style windmill… I swear…

I think they're more likely to make a mando between two T-rex legs with the tail swinging behind them, or a ramp that you have to roll off of over an OB river.

I think they're more likely to make a mando between two T-rex legs with the tail swinging behind them, or a ramp that you have to roll off of over an OB river.

Simpsons did it!

tumblr_inline_po0k6z2fuQ1t8k7kx_500.jpg

Looks like Paige Pierce missed the double mando on hole 1 twice and carded a 6.

Paige totaly missing her line of the Tee has been hard to watch all year. . .again shes not even close to her line on hole 3. . .basicly 4 bad teeshots in 3 holes.

Looks like Paige Pierce missed the double mando on hole 1 twice and carded a 6.

Paige totaly missing her line of the Tee has been hard to watch all year. . .again shes not even close to her line on hole 3. . .basicly 4 bad teeshots in 3 holes.

Yep. Hole 3 she hyzered out so far left she was behind the utility fence (that I never realized was there before). Then, rather than laying up and taking the 4, she goes for the 70+foot save misses, then misses a 28-ft comeback putt. +5 through 3 holes and POOF!, there goes her solo lead.

Hole one she missed it right the first time and left the second time.

Honestly, udisclive might be better for following along than watching.

Pp melting down on 10, ob drive and 2 air ball putts, another miss and finishing with a quad bogey