• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Uplink -Midrange (complete historical records of its awesomeness)

There are one or two Lobster throwers here in Melbourne, but I haven't had a chance to throw it yet.

I also bag a Paradox - I find it really nice for longer anny putts and flicks where I don't have swinging room to sidearm an A2 or Slammer. Great for low, short, floaty approaches too.

There are one or two Lobster throwers here in Melbourne, but I haven't had a chance to throw it yet.

I also bag a Paradox - I find it really nice for longer anny putts and flicks where I don't have swinging room to sidearm an A2 or Slammer. Great for low, short, floaty approaches too.

That is a big point in favor of the glitch as well (or at least one of the reasons I don't consistently bag the glitch). I will never get rid of my uplinks or lobsters...I still use the uplinks occasionally. But I'd say the lobster is more 5 5 -2 1. The paradox was too US for me to be useful and the uplink is great but doesn't take long to push into the slightly too US for me as well. The gap between Hex and Uplink is larger than I would like...but that's just my 0.02. It's a fantastic discs and I continue to use them for specific courses that have more holes to the right, or sharper turns to the right.

That is a big point in favor of the glitch as well (or at least one of the reasons I don't consistently bag the glitch). I will never get rid of my uplinks or lobsters...I still use the uplinks occasionally. But I'd say the lobster is more 5 5 -2 1. The paradox was too US for me to be useful and the uplink is great but doesn't take long to push into the slightly too US for me as well. The gap between Hex and Uplink is larger than I would like...but that's just my 0.02. It's a fantastic discs and I continue to use them for specific courses that have more holes to the right, or sharper turns to the right.

That soft you picked up... was it a heavy one?

I'd rate those 180's as 5 6 -2 1

picture.php

Two aces at dusk, as Chance fades off into sunset.

179 soft uplink

Blew wayyyyyy past a couple times, driver kinda past.. This may be problematic, but not the worst problem to have. Gross amounts of glide and carry. Like I wouldn't have been looking that far down if the foil hadn't caught my eye.

Bought my second uplink and aced with it my first time out, nice little backhand anny.

Seeming to be the most useful disc ever because it wants to do its thing and isn't finicky. Thin disc with smooth releasing rim. Comes out clean with no wobble FH or BH.

Was consistently better on all short drives than putters I had -envy, proxy, pure. Just harder to throw the uplink poorly. It's not gonna turn too too much or fail to turn, but even if it does fail to turn bc you over hyzered, the fade is still small enough to stay out of left side danger usually

Last edited:
This disc continues to perform like a hero. Dead straight from a standstill, and pretty flip ups with power.

I agree with the earlier post that there's too much gap between the Uplink and the Hex. I've been filling it with the Lobster (more wind resistant than the Uplink even though the numbers are almost identical) and the Mustang, which pushed the Hex out entirely.

Just ordered two more Uplinks: a max weight, and a midweight domey one. I like the clean release of the Uplink so much that I'd like to see if I can layer them up to fit the "slightly stable mid" spot, and be more dependable in headwinds.

the Mustang, which pushed the Hex out entirely.

Just ordered two more Uplinks: a max weight, and a midweight domey one. I like the clean release of the Uplink so much that I'd like to see if I can layer them up to fit the "slightly stable mid" spot, and be more dependable in headwinds.

That's Hex heresy bro! And the Uplink is cool and fun to throw but I don't think you'll find one to fit a slightly stable slot.

FWIW the heavy 180g neutron soft domey uplink is the most stable so far IME. It starts out less stable kind of but holds its flight shape with a minimal difference as it breaks in, it retains that touch of fade longer as well.

Last edited:
I love uplinks!!!! I waited so very long for this disc! I knew gyro could do it.... Gyro couldn't all be glideless or power hungry like a tangent. The heavy soft it my main squeeze, I don't see a massive gap between it and what I assume a lighter weight fission hex does. My 177 neutron gyropalooza box one is a different story, loved it 2 months in now it's a little understable still fun but if that was my uplink I'd be complaining too.

I'm deciding between neutrons 166-177 and a soft 165 as my other mid. Kind of trying to phase out the spin if I break in an uplink enough and pack a glitch. The uplinks stole a few shots, the glitch stole a few more. I feel like the neutrons might get to a lid like flipping potential... bordering on stratus if they bust in enough.

The hex is awesome. I don't care for your solo mold talk :D

Last edited:
So eclipse uplinks.... a little stable but in a good way, it will be the missing link between a beat glow hex. And it glows so it will get lots of use through the winter.

I got myself a Neutron Uplink a short while ago and I like the disc, but I just haven't found a use for it yet (for me). I have a friend that I am trying to get him to give it a try. He has absolutely no forehand and I think an Uplink in his bag would fit the spots where a forehand would be the best option.

I've got a strong forehand, so I really don't need a disc that goes right on a backhand throw.....at least not yet. :D

Same problem I'm having. I carried mine for a few rounds and never really came across a situation where I'd want to reach for it over flicking a hex / reactor / proxy.

I've always been a backhand player.. I really like the uplinks for woods carving, I used to use a Spin for that slot but I can push an uplink pretty far on some tight finesse gaps and the glitch covers the close tree combat. My FH is mediocre. I just love the glide it also kind of hedged out my relay because it goes so far and straight effortlessly or turns, it likes to turn a bit ;)

I've always been a backhand player.. I really like the uplinks for woods carving

Correct. My FH is garbage. The Uplink is a game changer for right bending wooded shots. Cheat code mode. It's pretty lengthy too for a noodle arm like myself. I throw beat in Mavericks and a Unicorn VIP Stag for longer left to right shots in the woods. Basically FH shapes.

I did well in Charlotte recently throwing a trio of Mavericks, Uplink and Proxy for most fairway shots. Magic Stag for longer turnovers. The Glitch wasn't a thing to me yet. Could've used it quite a bit though. I have a Paradox, haven't thrown it yet.

Correct. My FH is garbage. The Uplink is a game changer for right bending wooded shots. Cheat code mode. It's pretty lengthy too for a noodle arm like myself. I throw beat in Mavericks and a Unicorn VIP Stag for longer left to right shots in the woods. Basically FH shapes.

............ I have a Paradox, haven't thrown it yet.

Same for me, haha obviously. The uplink is almost a unicorn BH disc for me. Mostly because it can make those amazing once-in-a-lifetime shots fairly consistently. The neutron uplinks late turn is fairly unique among the discs I've thrown, especially in a premium plastic and with only a month or so of break in.

I'm not big on the Paradox. I enjoyed my light 165 flippy one a lot more than trying to ride the edge of burning with a 178 eclipse.

The uplink just has it all.. glide, all the turn and a touch of fade.

Paradox is my magic short BH roller disc. I love being able to pick an angle, throw 40-60% and watch it go. During my brief Uplink experience I didn't mess with these rollers. Anyone rolling their uplinks?

I've finally played a few rounds with my Uplink and I'm still not sure about it. It is nice and understable but I think I just don't trust it enough yet. My first throw with it was amazing, hyzer flip to flat then turn finishing pin high with a great look at the 2(which of course i failed to convert). Since then it hasn't done well for me. Just hasn't flipped or turned like I expected it to. I know it's me but I might just remove it from the bag and put back in one of my reliable Cobras instead.

That said, I think there is a good upside to the Uplink. I'm not giving up on it. I think I just need to work with it more.

I've finally played a few rounds with my Uplink and I'm still not sure about it. It is nice and understable but I think I just don't trust it enough yet. My first throw with it was amazing, hyzer flip to flat then turn finishing pin high with a great look at the 2(which of course i failed to convert). Since then it hasn't done well for me. Just hasn't flipped or turned like I expected it to. I know it's me but I might just remove it from the bag and put back in one of my reliable Cobras instead.

That said, I think there is a good upside to the Uplink. I'm not giving up on it. I think I just need to work with it more.

Is it a neutron uplink or a soft neutron? It sounds like a regular neutron to me, you will see a difference in a month and hit the sweet spot at about 2 months give or take with tree hits. They start out weirdly flippy but still stable, after they break in they are buttery smooth and reliable understable.

The soft starts out less stable but keep that month and a half broken in feel for a long time, less HSS but they retain the LSS better.

Latest posts