• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uploading "Alternate" Course Info to DCGR

ntguthrie

I'm fairly new to uploading course info to the site, so I need some input. A local 18-hole course recently installed an "alternate" back 9. After finishing the front 9, you now have the option of continuing with the original course or playing the new back 9. What, in your opinion, is the best way to add the new back 9 to the course page? The 2 options I'm thinking of are either:

(a) adding the new holes as #19-27
(b) adding the new 9 as a separate course

Both options come with their own pros/cons, so I was just wondering if there was any precedent on DGCR for how to address this. Any input would be appreciated.

How are those holes numbered? Without knowing what the course is, it's tough to say but adding it as an alternate tee, so 18 holes (old/old) and 18 holes (old/new) might work.

That seems like an odd way to set up your new 9 holes I'm not sure why the designers didn't just say here is another 9 holes. Confusing it would seem. As a player I would most likely want to play all 27 holes anyway. My preference in that situation would be to call it a new 9 hole course.

Yeah not sure why the new 9 holes were designed this way. I guess it adds variety (you can play the "new" back 9 or the "old" back 9 - which are very different) but makes it awkward if you wanted to play all 27 holes. Honestly the new 9 is pretty poor quality so I question the designer(s) abilities anyway...

Timg, I think your suggestion makes the most sense. There aren't alternate tees or permanent alternate pins, so I can just enter this as another tee (maybe yellow since it's not a true "blue" or "red" layout), use the same hole info for the front 9 & add in the new back 9. Thanks for the input.