• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I really like the idea of the Focus and the Shift seems like an all right smaller bag. The Focus limiting available space even further if you use the water bladder made it a non-starter for me, b/c that was a great angle IMO. May as well just buy a Nutsac and keep a bottle of water in my Utilikilt pocket if I just want to carry 6 discs.

That said, if the revamp of the products fixes small issues like that, they are back on my consideration list. Curious about the new product too of course. I really like my Voodoo Karma, but I can see the different purposes. Karma makes an excellent bag for being able to carry anything I could possibly need....sweatshirt, snacks, drinks, extra discs, etc. Considering I go golfing w/my young daughters frequently, things like this are a consideration :)

totally stoked to see what they come up with as far as improvements and the new bag. been eyeing the shift since it came out. i have paired down my discs and my bag collection but something about the shift makes me giddy

I know that this is an old thread, but I just had to say that I like the single centered water bottle holder. I have never needed two 32 oz waters. One will get hot by the time I need it. Also I can always refill in between rounds. But I absolutely HATE the bag being off balanced because you have one water bottle on one side. Spend 200+ on a bag for ergonomic reasons and it is always off balanced anyway!!!

One will get hot by the time I need it.

I picked up a Thermos brand container that is rated to keep things cool for 18 hours. Barely any ice needed, things just plain stay cold. I may pick up a mate to it for longer hot rounds. I'm epileptic and sometimes getting overheated badly can trigger seizures, so staying hydrated is very important for me. Part of why I like the idea of the Focus.

I am really looking at picking up a focus now that I am biking every where and it looks just perfect for what I need and how much weight I want to carry. Anyone here been using the focus for biking to courses?

Maybe that new bag will be the elusive 12-18 backpack bag everyone wants. I hope more info comes out on it soon.

Today on the Twitter:

Bm-pR1XCcAEF1eD.jpg

:popcorn:

Guess the new bag is called the Rebel. Got a silhouette of it, but that's it. Supposedly the big reveal is this week, though.

10250044_610045235737968_383842315120730980_n.jpg

Liking the form factor of this bag. Looks compact, yet intelligently laid out. Excited to see the improvements to the other bags and if they have different colors. Never was a big fan of their color layouts.

Agreed. The Shift was so close last time. Couple fixes and I am in.

Excited to see the improvements to the other bags and if they have different colors. Never was a big fan of their color layouts.

This looks like a solid entry, at likely a lower cost than a lot of others. I am curious to see the price point, and also if the front flat zips off entirely to be stored away, or if it is attached on the other side of the flap and it isn't shown in the photo.

This looks like a solid entry, at likely a lower cost than a lot of others. I am curious to see the price point, and also if the front flat zips off entirely to be stored away, or if it is attached on the other side of the flap and it isn't shown in the photo.

Looks like it folds up and is stored in that front mesh pocket

It looks like there's an elastic band on the strap. Maybe this model supports a hydration bladder as well? Wouldn't be necessary since it has two bottle holders, but it would be a nice option. It gets hot here in Texas...

Definitely interesting. Love the use of the vertical storage for your go to discs. Curious on the $ though.