• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

The disc golf universe must have been listening when I asked about the Rebel on here a few months ago. Upper Park was giving one away if you filled out a survey, and somehow I got chosen. I'll let you all know how the V5 is when I get it.

I saw that they were available to purchase on the website recently but it says sold out now. I don't remember seeing anything on their social media that the bags were available though. I only saw they would be out in early 2021.

I saw that they were available to purchase on the website recently but it says sold out now. I don't remember seeing anything on their social media that the bags were available though. I only saw they would be out in early 2021.

I'm not sure if they are for sale yet, they said they would send me one when it came in stock, which is going to be mid January.

Good to know, the company has stopped production in 2019 when last of the previous model sold out and was never replaced with the new models. Now only one they were making was a Discraft logo drawstring bag for Discraft only now that is made to partial per of profits pay for some of Legstone open $$ as the player package bag one can after 2019 Ledgestone buy separately from the Tournament player package.

I think the hope was to replace the Grip bags with Discraft logos with the UPD bags being Discraft Exclusive since the guy designing the bags was working for Discraft too for his main job, but this has yet to happen as Discraft has Stuck with Grip and getting/adding logos to those bags till Today.

Last edited:
My understanding from an email blast was that the company was reorganized with some venture capitalists at will be coming out with new models next year sometime. Nothing about any partnerships with Discraft or otherwise.

I'm not sure if they are for sale yet, they said they would send me one when it came in stock, which is going to be mid January.

Heard back from Upper Park via email. Apparently there must have been at error on their website which showed the new Rebel as available for a short time period. I happened to order it during that time period. They sent an email and let me know that they would be shipping out in Jan/Feb and that preorders will start in January. They let me keep my preorder and told me it was the first one they had.

As a lover of blue and having had 3 Upper park bags, I am underwhelmed. Mostly by the colors. The blue bag has a muted color which is fine but then is accompanied by orange/burnt zipper pulls?! Why?! Isn't there enough orange on the orange/red bag? Why is the blue bag the only bag that is two distinct colors.

Oh well I guess I'll just hold onto my money and wait for grip or UPD to release a blue bag.

I mean damn UP, why all the orange everywhere? I totally would have pre-ordered the red if there wasn't orange all over it. Blue and orange is a hell no, and the green is just blah. Been waiting about 2 yrs to pull the trigger on a rebel for my summer bag, and these color options flat suck. The dissapointment queue is now full...

I mean damn UP, why all the orange everywhere? I totally would have pre-ordered the red if there wasn't orange all over it. Blue and orange is a hell no, and the green is just blah. Been waiting about 2 yrs to pull the trigger on a rebel for my summer bag, and these color options flat suck. The dissapointment queue is now full...

I guess to each their own, but blue and orange go very well together. Color wheel we learned as kids.

New Rebels are gorgeous. I almost wish mine didn't hold up so well because I really want one but can't really justify the cost to replace a bag that looks barely used after 3 years of heavy use. Great job UP.

New Rebels are gorgeous. I almost wish mine didn't hold up so well because I really want one but can't really justify the cost to replace a bag that looks barely used after 3 years of heavy use. Great job UP.

Aw, thank you. As this group knows, it's always a work in progress. The internal sidewall pockets on the left and right have been a dream for years now. Exciting to get to implement it along with a lot of great upgrades. And how about those colors? 😍 Covid may the color sampling much more difficult but they all turned out really nice. Although I will say that the new Trainer red is so bold and vibrant, pictures do not do it justice. I was blown away the first time I saw it in person. Just a truly great shade of red.

And as always, keep the feedback coming!

Mine was a gift in 2015. Not one stitch is loose and the zippers all work. I use it exclusively and play a lot. Amazing durability.

I'd pick up a Rebel in a flash, as I adore my Shift.

My only complaint is why did Upper Park decide to stop shipping to Australia sometime this year … :(

I'd pick up a Rebel in a flash, as I adore my Shift.

My only complaint is why did Upper Park decide to stop shipping to Australia sometime this year … :(

I'm sorry man. Lots of changes in the last year and one of them is our fulfillment. I can promise that if your country is not yet on the list, we are looking to add it soon. I'd shoot a message over to [email protected] and see if they can give you a better timeline.

I love my new Shift.
Excellent bag, VERY comfortable and carries everything I need.