• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC to air on ESPN2

Alobar

Par Member
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2020/10/06/dgpt-championship-to-air-on-espn2/

"The final round of the DGPT Championship will be featured in a two-hour show on ESPN2 that will air approximately one month following the event. ESPN2 is the fourth most-watched cable sports channel (behind ESPN, NBC Sports Network, and FS1), averaging 304,000 viewers in primetime in 2019.

The broadcast will primarily feature the competition in the "final four" in both the MPO and FPO divisions. With just one round and one card to focus on, it will also allow the Pro Tour to dive deeper into the players' stories with interviews and features.

"We'd like to deliver an enhanced post-production, where we give more insight into the players that are competing," said DGPT CEO Jeff Spring. "We're focusing on the final round, but we want to make it accessible for people who haven't seen disc golf before."

The broadcast is expected to air the weekend on November 21st or 22nd, the weekend before Thanksgiving, in the afternoon or evening, though a final date and time will be confirmed in early November."

The devil is always in the details.
Sounds promising, let's all hope that DGPT and ESPN2 can deliver accurate and compelling content.

This is in NC again right?

My wife and kids are gonna trip out when they see disc golf on cable tv tonight. "Told y'all it was a real sport. In your face". Then the wife is gonna spot "sports non event" and my comeuppance is over

I'm so excited!

Disc golf is on regular tv ( not you tube), just like cornhole.

My wife and kids are gonna trip out when they see disc golf on cable tv tonight. "Told y'all it was a real sport. In your face". Then the wife is gonna spot "sports non event" and my comeuppance is over

Just show them this if you want to feel better about it ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 185
It wasn't bad! Great camera work but the play by play was kinda flat. I wish they explained some basic rules and the flight of the shots for folks to understand more about competitive golf. Lots of trees! So many shots deflected that look bad. Disc commercials were great! Hope to be the start of more coverage.

Latest posts