• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vegas to Boston Road Trip

Hector Chain

Par Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Next week I'll be moving from Vegas to Boston and playing some courses I've been daydreaming about for years. The plan:

Utah: just passing through, so I don't have time for Base Camp

Bryan Head

Colorado: staying for a couple nights with friends, and we're devoting two full days to playing

Magic Meadows
Bailey
Bucksnort
Conifer (already played and reviewed this one)

Nebraska: driving through McCook and staying in Omaha a couple nights

McCook
Hummel (played many times when I lived there)
Seymour (ditto)

Minnesota: passing through for a night

Bryant Lake
Blue Ribbon Pines

Wisconsin: I have only one night here. I'm really hoping to fit in four rounds at High Bridge over two afternoons and one morning. Tell me if I'm crazy. Most rounds take me 75 minutes when I'm playing alone, but I know these will take quite a bit longer, which is fine.

Blueberry
Granite Ridge
Gold
Bear

Michigan: I'm tentatively driving well out of my way just to play Flip City. Definitely won't have time for anything else, though.

Flip City

New York: by now my girlfriend will be annoyed that I'm not in Boston yet. I
l may not play anything. I'm in Rochester for a night, could play the new orchard course on my way out of town.

Massachusetts: I'll be living there and can't wait to play the courses in the central and western part of the state that I didn't play last time I lived there. But first up will be the best course I've played (so far):

Maple Hill

Depending on what you like, it might be worth skipping Bryant Lake. It's beautifully manicured, but the actual golf is more challenging and more fun at a few other courses around the area. I really liked Kaposia.

Also, Highbridge will depend on the mowing. If everything is in pretty good shape you should have no trouble getting all those in and maybe quick rounds on the shorter courses too, if it's all grown in and you have to look for discs it will slow down a lot.

I appreciate the feedback. I am considering Kaposia, but my brother lives in Minneapolis and Bryant Lake will require less travel to his place.

I'm hoping the Highbridge courses are mowed. Searching for discs can really suck the life out of you, and I'd like to play as much as I can when I get up there. I don't know when I'll have the chance to get back.

Very curious to see how all of these courses compare. I have my opinions about which ones might be overrated, but I've been surprised before.

Also, will you be taking 70 across Utah? If so, after Brian Head it might be worth playing Rim Rock out in Torrey, it adds some driving time but it's one of the most beautiful areas of the country IMO with some amazing mountain roads and a unique course among the red rocks.

I am taking 70. I saw your review of Rim Rock, and I do love the remote areas of Utah. I'll probably only get to play Bryan Head or Rim Rock. Did you prefer one or the other?

Bryan Head is less off the beaten path, so I suspect I'll do that one, but I am tempted by Rim Rock.

That's a tough choice. Rim Rock is very visually unique and the drive there is incredible, Brian Head is beautiful with some really fun downhill bombs. If I had to choose I'd probably pick Brian Head but you're not going to go wrong with either.

Latest posts