• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

very overstable midrange disc

The Pig seems to work fairly well off the teepad for short drives with hyzer (250'). Its not as far as the other discs youve mentioned but its a nice overstable disc that should be worth consideration.

woops..meant to say i wish the viper came in something other than dx, not the whippet (viper is lg. diam, whippet is sm.)

Z Xtreme is the most overstable disc produced. One will last you a lifetime if you don't lose it. Most people can't handle it though and end up getting rid of it.

Due to the power needed to make this disc fly as charted it would not have a reasonable use as a midrange.

I think it has already been posted here but there is a star whippet x in Innova's cfr program. I have seen them on Ebay in the past but they go pretty fast.

Just checked, and there are over a dozen ebay sellers hawking these. None have any bids on them. Maybe they arent THAT hard to get?

Star Whippet X
http://cgi.ebay.com/Innova-CFR-Star-WHIPPET-X-Disc-Golf-175-G-Driver-White_W0QQitemZ350125019347QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDisc_Golf?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Has anyone actually thrown one of these, or even the pro or champwhippet?

The dx whippet is great, it just beats in so fast and gets less overstable. How do the others compare initially, and over time?

Champ Gators are extremly reliable in the wind. Love the bead that the Star version lacks for skipping in under the basket. Though they are pretty tankinsh, & I wouldnt use them for longer than 175ft shots, I like a firebird for anything over that.

What, you have a Champ Gator!?!?!? Tell me more! How much more overstable is it than the star version?