• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

My glow Vibrams don't appear to be brighter or last longer than other glow discs. My glow vibrams have a pink flesh hue with what appears like rainbow nerds embedded into them.

I just finished washing them in dish soap and hot water because they had a waxy feel to them. I'll re-test them compared to my photon glow Discraft Tracker and other glow discs.

Any news on the new model yet, Steve and/or testers? The word back in the middle of September was that the new disc would be to testers in a couple months which would make it right around now or very soon.

I only had to charge my Summit every 3-4 holes as opposed to every throw with all other glows. What are you using to charge them with?

UV LIGHT, 21 LED

It's better than innova champion Glow, but not remarkably more so.

Can anyone give me a comparison as to what the Solace is like? Is it like a boss or a nuke, or super overstable like a nuke os?

UV LIGHT, 21 LED

What wavelength is the light? Mine was so bright it was charging the other discs in my bag. I'll grab a comparison picture tomorrow but everyone was blown away with how bright they were.

Go to Amazon and grab the 51 LED UV torch. Should be around 7-12$. Light output is 395-400ish nanometers. That seems to give the beat bang for your buck for glow. The LEDs still put off a bit of light in the 400 nm which we can see, but barely. Our lights make our vibrams glow like the sun. In fact a full charge on our vibrams is almost too bright on a dark night, so we'll just make an X or whatever design on the discs with our lights. Plenty bright, and we only have to give it charge every few holes. Very other glow we have to charge every time we throw .

My glow Vibrams don't appear to be brighter or last longer than other glow discs. My glow vibrams have a pink flesh hue with what appears like rainbow nerds embedded into them.

I just finished washing them in dish soap and hot water because they had a waxy feel to them. I'll re-test them compared to my photon glow Discraft Tracker and other glow discs.

This is very odd.

I've played with glow vibram, discraft, and innova in my bag and its not even a competition. My vibram glows so much longer and brighter than any other glow discs I've seen. It is very nice as it is always easy to find ID your disc as it is always glowing 3x brighter than anything else. I typically re-glow my drivers before every toss but don't need to. For the fun of it last week me & my partner each gave our drivers a good charge (his was innova cfr glow). We played a few and I didn't recharge for a few holes and he charged each time. After the 2nd hole, his looked brighter after it was just charged than mine did....but by the time we threw and walked to them, mine was still brighter. It wasn't until after the 4th hole that his was brighter than mine when we walked up to it. I could've easily gone a few more holes without recharging it if I wanted to.

So I've been getting into vibram in the past few months and I've been throwing a Med. Ibex, a Med. Olace, and a Soft Sole. Today I got two new discs in the mail that I ordered, a 168g Med. Lace and a 172g Med. Ridge. I haven't gotten to throw either much yet, but I threw my Lace about 4 times and that thing seems to be magic. I gave it the most wimpy poor form throw and it got out around 350'. I can't wait to try it out more tomorrow and put some real effective power on it.

My Vibram glows do much better by far than my newest Lat Moonshines. Hitting them both with my 41 LED UV flashlight with the same wavelength as 4th Rock talked about. The Moonshine will barely last long enough to get to it if playing with a foursome. The Vibram will be easy to find....still bright enough to be easily seen. The only glow plastic that comes close is my old Lightning glow stuff from the mid 80's. It still glow nice and bright and lasts close to as long as the Vibram glow.:thmbup:

One thing that will affect my glow report...where I play, there is quite a bit of ambient light from a nearby store parking lot. If its cloudy, it can be almost as bright as a full moon out there. Glow discs work OK enough out there, but when they are dim, they can be hard to see compared to if it was totally dark. That said, the Vibrams work perfectly out there.

So I've been getting into vibram in the past few months and I've been throwing a Med. Ibex, a Med. Olace, and a Soft Sole. Today I got two new discs in the mail that I ordered, a 168g Med. Lace and a 172g Med. Ridge. I haven't gotten to throw either much yet, but I threw my Lace about 4 times and that thing seems to be magic. I gave it the most wimpy poor form throw and it got out around 350'. I can't wait to try it out more tomorrow and put some real effective power on it.

Laces go far. Enjoy.

UV LIGHT, 21 LED

Ok, so I just did a quick little expirement.

I charged each disc for ten seconds with the light covering the whole disc about two feet away. I then took a pic immediately after turning off the light and one ten seconds later.

The discs are Moonshine Saint Pro, Glo Voodoo (that is 4 years old) and Summit XLG.

In the pictures with the two discs its the Saint Pro and Summit. I took pictures for about 5 minutes with those two. Towards the end the camera wouldnt even focus on the Saint Pro it had become so faint.

Attachments

• 20141112_222752.jpg
    20141112_222752.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20141112_222802.jpg
    20141112_222802.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20141112_222821.jpg
    20141112_222821.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 17
Now, this was on a fully charged disc that was charged on the front. I did this on the BACK of the Summit.

If your Vibram is the brightest glow in your bag then something is wrong. Innova glow doesnt even come close. Moonshine was the second brightest being thrown in our glow tournament and the majority throwing Innova used glow duct tape.

Attachments

• 20141112_223133.jpg
    20141112_223133.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20141112_223142.jpg
    20141112_223142.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: