• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Just want to give some kudos to Dana. Played an event he ran yesterday and attended a clinic he put on for an ISU Parks and Rec class on Thursday. He did a great job at both. He's a class act and a great ambassador for Vibram and Disc Golf as a whole. I am happy to support a company that supports a person like that!

Also, shout out to the unLace. Finally got my hands on a production run a few weeks ago and that disc is getting a lot of use! Extremely long for me, I can also trust it to flip up, responds great to different power on the throw, and controllable for a high speed driver. That being said, a slightly more stable unLace would fit my bag great, did the Glow unLace come out with more stability than a normal production run like most of the molds?

I like my UNlaces a lot too.
I have a firm and a glow. The glow might be a bit more stable but I haven't thrown it nearly as much and it is slightly heavier (167 vs 171).
I've had some pretty good drives (for my noodle arm) by aiming about 10;30, 11:00 on the teepad with some hyzer. It turns over and sometimes fades back mid-fairway, sometimes doesn't come back. I had one turn into a really good, straight roller. I'm gonna have to try to work that out. UNlace and summit, good flippy awesomeness.
LOVE LOVE LOVE my Summits!

I like my UNlaces a lot too.
I have a firm and a glow. The glow might be a bit more stable but I haven't thrown it nearly as much and it is slightly heavier (167 vs 171).
I've had some pretty good drives (for my noodle arm) by aiming about 10;30, 11:00 on the teepad with some hyzer. It turns over and sometimes fades back mid-fairway, sometimes doesn't come back. I had one turn into a really good, straight roller. I'm gonna have to try to work that out. UNlace and summit, good flippy awesomeness.
LOVE LOVE LOVE my Summits!

Try to decide how much headwind there is, and add more hyzer for stronger headwinds. Tailwinds will cause the disc to fade more. Pretty sweet disc! Didn't realize how much use it'd get when I got one when they came out last October!

Just want to give some kudos to Dana. Played an event he ran yesterday and attended a clinic he put on for an ISU Parks and Rec class on Thursday. He did a great job at both. He's a class act and a great ambassador for Vibram and Disc Golf as a whole. I am happy to support a company that supports a person like that!

Also, shout out to the unLace. Finally got my hands on a production run a few weeks ago and that disc is getting a lot of use! Extremely long for me, I can also trust it to flip up, responds great to different power on the throw, and controllable for a high speed driver. That being said, a slightly more stable unLace would fit my bag great, did the Glow unLace come out with more stability than a normal production run like most of the molds?

Thanks, Brody! See ya in Pontiac!

VP

Disc is a boss! If you miss, then it has enough fade, where it'll go straight into the ground. I can safely run the basket, where a lot of my league mates are either giving up strokes do to missing so bad or playing it safe! Also, makes for an excellent approach disc, when there are obstacles in the way, and I need to have some fade on my shot. Not to mention the fact that inside the circle this disc bangs the chains! This is one of the discs that my other league mates love, because they say it has lowered their scores!

^^ Very true. I used to be a pig guy until I discovered the VP. Nice and beefy like the pig, but feels better in my hand. Plus I love the way vibrams rubber hits and sticks. 250 and in, I'm usually reaching for a VP

^^ Very true. I used to be a pig guy until I discovered the VP. Nice and beefy like the pig, but feels better in my hand. Plus I love the way vibrams rubber hits and sticks. 250 and in, I'm usually reaching for a VP

One of my friends was trolling me about using the VP. When it comes down to it, it's the total package of the grip, the consistency, and the predictability that makes the VP my go-to.

One of my friends was trolling me about using the VP. When it comes down to it, it's the total package of the grip, the consistency, and the predictability that makes the VP my go-to.

Add in the fact that you can throw a firm for skips, medium for a little skid, or softs for sticking to the ground like glue and you have the best approach disc on the market. VPs are the most useful disc in my bag (BH/FH approaches, skip shots, upside down skips, flick rollers, strong headwind putts, OH recoveries, and more) and my love affair with VPs is well documented in the two Vibram threads. It is the one disc in my bag that makes me wonder why everyone doesn't bag it!

Add in the fact that you can throw a firm for skips, medium for a little skid, or softs for sticking to the ground like glue and you have the best approach disc on the market. VPs are the most useful disc in my bag (BH/FH approaches, skip shots, upside down skips, flick rollers, strong headwind putts, OH recoveries, and more) and my love affair with VPs is well documented in the two Vibram threads. It is the one disc in my bag that makes me wonder why everyone doesn't bag it!

I'm with ya there! I'm going to pick up a 150-class VP in firm, because the summers in Minnesota are less windy than the spring, fall, and winter. The firm should soften up a tad in the humidity. I don't have a medium or a soft yet, but I'll get some eventually.

I've only learned how to do forehand rollers with the VP, so I'm going to work on practicing those other shots. My forehand form is pretty bad compared to my backhand form, but it's getting better, so I'm optimistic.

For me, it's my go-to putter. Basically, it's there to bang the chains. A lot of times in Minnesota the wind is so strong trying to adjust a traditional putter in the wind is like brain surgery. Not to mention the fact that there are obstacles like trees in front of the basket... better to use a disc that's as consistent and predictable as the VP. I know what it's going to do, so that gives me a lot of confidence to run the basket. I have a throw-putting style, which resembles my backhand throwing style off-the-tee. I'm flat-footed and the only thing that's moving is my arm, so there's very little motion, making it very easy to reproduce over-and-over-again. (The simpler your stroke is, the easier it will be to reproduce it over-and-over again.)

The rumor is dispelled, the Four20 is going to have a new name. I received a text from Steve Dodge this morning confirming it. The name will be announced in June. However, what is still a rumor is how many were made. By the looks of it, it was likely around 1,000.

The rumor is dispelled, the Four20 is going to have a new name. I received a text from Steve Dodge this morning confirming it. The name will be announced in June. However, what is still a rumor is how many were made. By the looks of it, it was likely around 1,000.

mixed blessing for me applaud them for changing the name, and now I am sad i have to wait until june. But since i would never have put a disc named 420 in my bag i will happly wait for june.

Since discussion of the disc and the implications of the name were removed from the Forum for violating Forum guidelines, I wonder how selling Four20s will go over in the Marketplace?

mixed blessing for me applaud them for changing the name, and now I am sad i have to wait until june. But since i would never have put a disc named 420 in my bag i will happly wait for june.

Seems like a pretty good decision to put it off until June... I was conflicted about which disc to choose for the VBB, but now I can't get the 420 project, so that narrows it down quite a bit! Should be another great release from Vibram! Unfortunate they had to change the name. I was a big fan of the name. (Still am.) But I recognize that I was part of the narrow minority of disc golfers, who like to follow the upward trajectory of Vibram Disc Golf. There's a lot of great discs out there right now from Vibram to choose from, so VBB players can choose from those!

Unfortunate they had to change the name. I was a big fan of the name. (Still am.) But I recognize that I was part of the narrow minority of disc golfers, who like to follow the upward trajectory of Vibram Disc Golf.

I think you were in the narrow minority of disc golfers who aren't whiny bitches. Seriously, the amount of crying over the name of a disc is pathetic.

I think you were in the narrow minority of disc golfers who aren't whiny bitches. Seriously, the amount of crying over the name of a disc is pathetic.

Siiiiiigh...whatever man.

I only wonder if Steve got pressured from the higher-ups in the Vibram food chain? Vibram is so huge and international that I can't see it being that big of a deal, unless he didn't run it through the proper channels or something.

I have only one question about the disc formerly known as the Four 20....will it have the same mad glide as the Lace family?

picked a couple new soles today. my son was looking at the numbers on the bottom and the m says turn 5 fade 10. the f says turn 5 fade 9. did they change the numbers at some point or does m fade harder the f?

Last edited:

Latest posts