• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Thanks Andy for saving disc golf from the stigma of having a disc named Four20. I'm sure disc golf will finally get the recognition and respect it deserves:|

Once again a vocal minority has caused problems for everyone not in agreement with them.

In this instance, by delaying the release of a product eagerly anticipated by people who have been hampered by one of the worst winters in memory. Those people who just want to get out and enjoy the spring weather while throwing a new disc that has been a long time coming. Now, many dreams, hopes and ambitions have been crushed.

It's time to rise up and put an end to this charade! I for one will be putting the numbers four two zero on all my discs in a show of solidarity for the silent majority. (I will, however be using binary notation, so as not to arouse suspicion by any nosy busy body self appointed disc censors.)

It's time to rise up and put an end to this charade! I for one will be putting the numbers four two zero on all my discs in a show of solidarity for the silent majority. (I will, however be using binary notation, so as not to arouse suspicion by any nosy busy body self appointed disc censors.)

.....and so it begins! FourTwoZero:hfive:

I hate to be that guy, but can I get a recap here please. The disc was released but they're going to have to re release it later with a different name?

Too many people cried about the name "Four20" and now they are going to change it. They only made 1000 molds stamped with "Four20" before they decided to change the name. No one knows what the new name will be or when they will be re-released.

Siiiiiigh...whatever man.

I only wonder if Steve got pressured from the higher-ups in the Vibram food chain? Vibram is so huge and international that I can't see it being that big of a deal, unless he didn't run it through the proper channels or something.

I have only one question about the disc formerly known as the Four 20....will it have the same mad glide as the Lace family?

To answer your question, no I don't believe so. The o-Lace has pretty good glide, but this disc is a meat-hook for most people. Recommended skill level: advanced. Or someone with a strong forehand or who likes to throw overhand shots, like the thumber.

picked a couple new soles today. my son was looking at the numbers on the bottom and the m says turn 5 fade 10. the f says turn 5 fade 9. did they change the numbers at some point or does m fade harder the f?

Yes, they change their flight numbers quite a bit. This year's Ibex(es) have 5 turn, 7 fade, whereas before they were 7 turn, 5 fade. Also, I have a few Ridges with 5 turn, 16 fade. Now they are 5 turn, 10 fade.

As far as changing the numbers, I like the fact that Vibram is a company that is open to new information. From the get-go, Vibram wanted to have a scientific approach to flight ratings, so we shouldn't be surprised if they change their flight ratings, in lieu of new information.

Yes, they change their flight numbers quite a bit. This year's Ibex(es) have 5 turn, 7 fade, whereas before they were 7 turn, 5 fade. Also, I have a few Ridges with 5 turn, 16 fade. Now they are 5 turn, 10 fade.

As far as changing the numbers, I like the fact that Vibram is a company that is open to new information. From the get-go, Vibram wanted to have a scientific approach to flight ratings, so we shouldn't be surprised if they change their flight ratings, in lieu of new information.

i am new the vibram and was just wondering if the changed the numbers based on each run or if M had more fade then F.

i am new the vibram and was just wondering if the changed the numbers based on each run or if M had more fade then F.

I double-checked. My medium Ibex from last year is 7 turn, 5 fade. This year's medium Ibex is 5 turn, 7 fade. So they changed the ratings.

Medium/firms are the same stabilities. However, firms beat-in quicker than mediums, so they get flippy faster, with normal usage.

Hope that answers your questions!

Rename it the Drunk. The Drunk Driver... something disc golf can really get behind.

Following the release of the Crank, maybe call it the "Breaking Wind".

Good name for an Overstable driver.

And the packaging could have a logo with Bryan Cranston farting.

Four20 performed again in high winds this past weekend. Didn't think I would be bagging it, but it is providing to be extremely useful. Glad it isn't as overstable as the protos were.

Threw the Four20 170M yesterday for the first time in a tourney (big no no) handled all the torque my forehand could flick, very straight to a decently long fade. Ended up by a left OB street lined with 100 foot trees blocking a clean shot back towards the fairway on a big 850 par 4. Four20 came out and flew true with a sick skip parking 15 feet from the goal happy happy awesome disc!

Latest posts