• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Wow, now that I see the disc I can see how it threatened the past, present, and future of disc golf (as well as the fate of the world). Good thing they decided to change the name, otherwise civilization itself would have crumbled within 3 months or less.

I'm happy to see that this thread has turned into a laugh a minute thread for the good ol' boys rather than the complaint division :D

Agreed. I putt with Soles but the VP/Summit approach combo can cover any type of approach/recovery shot you're going to run into on the course.

this winter the VP was my most consistent disc. Now I am reaching for my Ridges, more so, for approaches especially. Putting I'm using the Sole, but I have more confidence running the basket in certain situations with one of the flat-top putters, depending on what the wind's doing.

Have you received a tester disc?

No, I have not. My friend got the 419 prototype last season, and I very quickly bought the 419 when it came out last fall, now known as the unLace. Awesome disc! I'm learning anhyzer-spikes with it now. I've been using it for super-long rollers and bombing straight-drives. HUGE distance!

420 and Culture of the Disc: Does spirit matter?

One thing I've noticed that I don't like is that as people progress through learning the game and becoming competitive in leagues/tournaments, whether it be running their own tournaments or playing in them... it's less fun.

Nowadays, there's less fun, but more money, tournaments, whatever. It sucks. What happened to the culture of the disc, where we just enjoy ourselves with our friends? Have a good time with some other good folks, regardless of age, sex, race, creed, religion... what happened? Where did we go wrong?

Why I think Vibram is awesome and different. They are all about the culture of the disc... spirit matters. Smaller is better. Less is more.

Let's remember that when we're out there! Get other people excited about the sport, not by what we say... let it be about what we do! Cheer other people on, but don't be annoying! Encourage someone, but don't give them unwarranted advice! Buy a couple of your buddies discs, not because you need them, but because you realize it's more important to grow together than to grow apart. Keep it real!

i picked up a sample pack for a birdie bash that i just held. and i am all in with the rubber.

^ No, want to bad but wasn't able to grab one. Threw my 168 in some heavy (for California) winds yesterday and the disc was amazing. I don't have the arm BH so I stick with the O-Lace for that, but FH the thing is amazing. Nice lines, predictable fade.

^ No, want to bad but wasn't able to grab one. Threw my 168 in some heavy (for California) winds yesterday and the disc was amazing. I don't have the arm BH so I stick with the O-Lace for that, but FH the thing is amazing. Nice lines, predictable fade.

No, but I would like to try a lighter 420. I'd assume that they would glide more. Also, max-weight 420 would be great for MN winds in the winter-time! Should be sweet!

I can't believe how much I'm throwing my 420s. Originally didn't think I would use em much.

can not wait for the new named four 20 to come out hoping to find one in the high 150s for thumbers and meat hook shots.

can not wait for the new named four 20 to come out hoping to find one in the high 150s for thumbers and meat hook shots.

Should be renamed the reLace. Would be a perfect name now that it is not only being renamed but re-released as well. We'll see though!

Should be renamed the reLace. Would be a perfect name now that it is not only being renamed but re-released as well. We'll see though!

Sounds like an idea! I think it might be a good idea to name it something different now that there's a o-Lace and unLace, though. People who are new to Vibram might get confused with another Lace...

I like Foehn. It is the name of a warm mountain wind. Seems appropriate to go along with Summit, Ridge, Ascent. Plus it will be the goto wind disc.

Last edited:
Sherpa?

I'm betting that the new name for the Four20 has already been decided upon, and that none of us will have any influence on that name...

...however, if for some reason Steve Dodge (et al.) are taking suggestions, I'd suggest Sherpa as it can be used to help players "navigate the toughest scenarios" (e.g., drastic winds, tricky hyzers, deep doglegs, etc.) and is still fits within the defined naming convention. :thmbup:

-Bubs :p

Latest posts