• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Solaces Top.jpg

Solaces Bottom.jpg

Picked up these beauties from Gotta Go Gotta Throw today! Looking forward to throwing them in just a bit.

Fellow Vibramites, Vibram has struck gold with the Solace in my opinion. I threw a small 9-hole course near my house and threw both Solaces on 5 holes. This disc is beefy!! It is every bit as overstable as my Champ Ape and maybe even more. I was looking for that comparison - to the Ape - with this disc so I am highly appreciative and impressed. I am a consistent 450+ thrower and I piped - I mean really piped - a couple throws and could not even get it to level off! It just almost instantly went into an fast, awesome fade. I was not able to try it in the wind because there was not much of a wind today, but I would not be afraid to throw into a stiff, direct headwind with confidence.

Fellow Vibramites, Vibram has struck gold with the Solace in my opinion. I threw a small 9-hole course near my house and threw both Solaces on 5 holes. This disc is beefy!! It is every bit as overstable as my Champ Ape and maybe even more. I was looking for that comparison - to the Ape - with this disc so I am highly appreciative and impressed. I am a consistent 450+ thrower and I piped - I mean really piped - a couple throws and could not even get it to level off! It just almost instantly went into an fast, awesome fade. I was not able to try it in the wind because there was not much of a wind today, but I would not be afraid to throw into a stiff, direct headwind with confidence.

Glad to hear this review. An O-lace is plenty overstable for my350' arm, but I'm glad the big arms finally got something truly overstable from Vibram.

View attachment 48724

View attachment 48725

Picked up these beauties from Gotta Go Gotta Throw today! Looking forward to throwing them in just a bit.

GGGT still has Ascent softs and that DVD I was talking about earlier. Also, Infinite has a SoLace giveaway going on right now. Guess the colors of the disc and win. Hint: it's not the same disc, as the one that's pictured.

Nice beefy overstable driver is really going to give a good option for overhand shots. I like the o-Lace for longer rescue shots, but I use the Trak for those in-between accurate placements. Excited to give it a twirl!

I can't it took me so long to find the Trak. I use it more than any disc other than my putters.

Yeah, the Trak is really good. Rated as one of the best fairway drivers by Infinitediscs.com. It's very long for newer players. Handles the wind pretty well... good for forehand and backhand throws. Will hold anhyzer lines and hyzer lines.

Yup. They are right. It is that good. Can be straight. Can hold slow turning annys forever. Played three rounds of Trak, KC Roc, Envy last week. Good fun.

BIG gap between the Trak and Ascent though. I fit a Crave and JL TB comfortably between the two.

Yeah, I agree though. I have a soft Ascent that I can throw comfortably backhand flat, but I have a medium Ascent that I use for overhand shots, and then I use a firm Ascent for forehand shots. Both the medium and the firm aren't beat-in enough, where I can use them for throwing backhand, so I'm still working on my form and learning when/how to throw the Ascent. I've got a very positive review of the soft Ascent, and I believe there are still some available from gottagogottathrow.com.

Got my SoLaces today. I would compare it to a combination of an Ape/Xcalibur.

I put it on a severe anhyser and it still came back hard. I am really looking forward to throwing it more.

Got my SoLaces today. I would compare it to a combination of an Ape/Xcalibur.

I put it on a severe anhyser and it still came back hard. I am really looking forward to throwing it more.

Yeah it's a pretty sick disc isn't it?

After a couple of days trying out the Solace, I have a place in my bag for it, just need it in the lighter weights. Looking forward to when the initial production rush is over and lighter weights become available.

After a couple of days trying out the Solace, I have a place in my bag for it, just need it in the lighter weights. Looking forward to when the initial production rush is over and lighter weights become available.

I'm just curious - why would you want such a beefy disc in a lighter weight? Seems to me a person would want a disc designed to be beefy in a heavy weight. Also seems to me that a lighter weight isn't going to affect the flight characteristics of a really beefy disc that much.

I'm just curious - why would you want such a beefy disc in a lighter weight? Seems to me a person would want a disc designed to be beefy in a heavy weight. Also seems to me that a lighter weight isn't going to affect the flight characteristics of a really beefy disc that much.

I'm assuming that with something that beefy he's just hoping for a little extra carry.

I'm assuming that with something that beefy he's just hoping for a little extra carry

Exactly. It is too easy to flip the Boss I use for wind. As an older player, the lighter discs are working better for me.

Latest posts