• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I kind of made a video like that with my brother. I need to go back and try and put disc tracking on it. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/9aYZVmD2_2g

Yeah, I saw that. I couldn't follow all the discs, though, which is why I asked for one with the tracking. Even with my reading glasses on, I lost track (!) of some of the throws.

And a breakdown of different shot types would be wonderful. Say, high anhyzer; draw shot (slight turnover); hyzer flip; flat; fade (slight hyzer); hook shot.

And break down by wind direction. Headwind; tailwind; crosswind.

I don't ask for much, eh? :p

Yeah, I saw that. I couldn't follow all the discs, though, which is why I asked for one with the tracking. Even with my reading glasses on, I lost track (!) of some of the throws.

And a breakdown of different shot types would be wonderful. Say, high anhyzer; draw shot (slight turnover); hyzer flip; flat; fade (slight hyzer); hook shot.

And break down by wind direction. Headwind; tailwind; crosswind.

I don't ask for much, eh? [emoji14]
I'd love to do that, but the time it takes is rough on the video editing side. Slowly but surely I'll move in that direction though

So how is the new fairway mix working out for folks?

Have to say, Ascent was OS for me when I got it, but threw it last wekend for the first time in a good while, and not so much anymore.

I am very excited to try out a new fairway in the 2016 Birdie Bash. Leaning toward the Valley at this point.

Anyone hear when the new models (Notch, Valley, Vamp, etc) will be available in the softs?

Phrede

So how is the new fairway mix working out for folks?

Have to say, Ascent was OS for me when I got it, but threw it last wekend for the first time in a good while, and not so much anymore.

I am very excited to try out a new fairway in the 2016 Birdie Bash. Leaning toward the Valley at this point.
I really like the Valley, great line shaping disc. I'm warming up to the Notch. I don't know about the Arch yet, though. I don't feel it does anything different than my Ascents, which isn't a bag on the Arch by any stretch, just means I don't have a need for it until/unless I lose my Ascents or they break in too much.

I really like the Valley, great line shaping disc. I'm warming up to the Notch. I don't know about the Arch yet, though. I don't feel it does anything different than my Ascents, which isn't a bag on the Arch by any stretch, just means I don't have a need for it until/unless I lose my Ascents or they break in too much.

Valley vs. Trak: Valley overall is more consistently stable. Had some flipping with the Trak when thrown into headwinds.

Notch vs. Ascent: Notch is considerably more overstable than the Ascent. The Notch offers numerous new opportunities for rubber, including but not limited to skip shots and predictable, consistent fade.

I haven't bought the Arch, because it doesn't offer me anything that the Ascent doesn't do already. My hypothesis: the Arch is more consistent than the Ascent in headwinds (much like the Valley is versus the Trak).

I am more excited about the Vamp than the Arch, but I haven't tried either yet.

I'm excited about both the Valley and the Vamp. I picked them up in my 4 for 60, free hat deal and they are both in my bag.

The Valley is a fairway driver version of the Lace. Very reliable, slight turn and slight fade. The Vamp is a hyzer flip laser beam machine. Get it on the right line and it will glide forever. Also great controlled anhyzer disc. I can carve any line I want with a combination of these discs.

I picked them up in the medium rubber. A great bonus is they are great in the cold weather, very grippy, so very good for northeast winter rounds.

Getting stoaked for my first birdie bash!! I'm thinking vamp/summit. Does anyone have a reccomendation for weight in the vamp?
I can only get a 166 unlace out to about 300ft.

Getting stoaked for my first birdie bash!! I'm thinking vamp/summit. Does anyone have a reccomendation for weight in the vamp?

My Vamp is similar in weight to my laces, all between 166-169. So, I guess my recommendation would be to stick with a similar weight. I don't dabble in the UnLace, but I believe the Vamp may be a bit more stable, so keep that in mind.

Those are good choices! My advice is always go heavy, because of the Vamp's slow speed and relative understability.

Disclaimer: haven't thrown the Vamp yet.

If you are getting the UnLace out to 300 feet than get a Vamp in the lower 160s. It'll fly more like its supposed to for you.

If you are getting the UnLace out to 300 feet than get a Vamp in the lower 160s. It'll fly more like its supposed to for you.

This is what I had hoped for. Before I hurt my back last year, I could get my soft Unlace out to 340+, but it wasn't controllable at all. I picked up a 164 Vamp recently, but haven't tried it out yet. Maybe I should look at the 160/162 range a little closer now.

This is what I had hoped for. Before I hurt my back last year, I could get my soft Unlace out to 340+, but it wasn't controllable at all. I picked up a 164 Vamp recently, but haven't tried it out yet. Maybe I should look at the 160/162 range a little closer now.

Onyx should be even better for the shorter throwers.

Try the Valley in Firm if you want it a tad more understable as well.

I wonder about the Onyx. Guess I'll see later.

For me, the Valley isn't US at all. I need to spend more time with it and without a coat on. It could be I am flipping it and don't realize it yet. That and I only have a heavier glow Valley...actually, I have two now. :D Its dead nutz straight for me with a little fade at the end....which is what I needed from a Vibram fairway....a needle threading driver.

I have never really liked firm...old medium was OK at best...new medium is really growing on me....I really like the softies. Not sure if its because of my gripping issues or what, but the softer they are, the more I like them. Firm, even in putters, has never really worked so well for me. I'll just blame getting old and leave it at that. :\

Latest posts