• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

yeah a broke in ibex would all ready make that shot. I am hoping for something that when thrown flat will hold a turn to the ground or at least finish straight. other wise it would be to close to the ibex. a speed 5 summit would be what I am hoping for.

How does the onyx roll? Are they going to make it in any heavier weights or just stay with the light ones?

"PDGA Approved" is embossed on the bottom of the Launch. Is it really not approved at this point?

Can someone tell me how the different rubber compounds rank in terms of stability. Can someone list from most overstable to least stable? Thanks!

Can someone tell me how the different rubber compounds rank in terms of stability. Can someone list from most overstable to least stable? Thanks!

Soft - Most Over-stable
Med - Very stable until you hits a few trees. From my experience, this compound seems to get more understable over time.
Firm - Breaks in the quickest, but seems to settle in once through the break-in period.

For example, I love the Lace in Med but I have to rotate a new one in every 6 months. After 12-18 months, it gets the boot.

On the other hand, I have had sever firms in my bag for years now. Once they break-in, they don't seem to change very much.

It has to do with the amount of rubber versus the amount of plastic in the mix. Rubber is much more durable, and less likely to beat in over time.
Soft is the purest rubber in the XLink lineup, Firm has the most plastic.

Haven't used the granite, but I had a glow and medium Arch, same weight, and there was no real difference between them. The glow quality was amazing-WAY better than the Innova stuff.

I was asking because I have a granite that is much more os than the glow I have. Both are about 169-170 and are pop top.

The glow will flex and come bak when released flat. It will also pop up turn a bit and then fade back when released on hyzer.

The Granite will not flex at all, just hold the hyzer line or stay a bit straight then hyzer out.

GLOWS in stock at vibram.us

Glows are back in stock at the factory store featuring just about all current molds it looks. Looks like the Float stock might be up too. Buy 3 discs and get 2 common minis. (Option for foot keychain instead of minis, but no one who reads this would take that option. Coasters are sadly not an option.)

Lots of love here for Vibram's high-quality products! :thmbup:

QUESTION TO THOSE MOST WHO ARE HIGHLY EXPERIENCED WITH VIBRAM'S PRODUCT LINE:

If you had to pick one Vibram disc that solidly outperforms all other discs on the market in the role for which they were designed (e.g. understable high-speed driver), which one would it be, and why?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

I would probably vote for the Summit as an understable, low profile putter. It has a slow right to left flight without being overly flippy.

If you had to pick one Vibram disc that solidly outperforms all other discs on the market...
I'm sure this is cheating but the answer to what solidly outperforms all other discs is the X-Link compound. As for a disc I believe the unLace would be the most extreme in what it does. It is hard to find a max distance disc that understable. There are lots of discs like the Obex but that is my favorite. It is overstable enough to not turn over unless you mean to do it and you don't have to have a monster arm to throw it straight.

There are 100's of discs on the market. It is hard to imagine any manufacturer is making any disc that outperforms all the competition on the market.

Latest posts