• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only got 10 throws or so with my Trek tester on Sunday but I would give it the Innova-style rating of 7/5/-2/3 (I felt the Ascent was 7/4/-1/3 and no, I don't have an Eagle). It certainly turned over more easily but seemed to stay aloft a bit longer with the same fade at the end. Feel free to disagree with my fade rating. The point is the glide and a noticeable amount of greater understability. I'm not sure it's different enough from the Ascent to really NEED both in the bag. Not done testing either. I do prefer the Trek for thumbers over the Ascent.

My trek ester came yesterday. his pic does not do it justice, it is pretty cool looking!

45bf279f.jpg

The new Treks are way more understable than an Ascent. Now the first proto treks flew about the same as the Ascent, but these new Treks are sweet. Nice glide, nice turn to them. Can't wait to throw them some more.

Will be a great disc to add to my bag. Thanks again Steve for allowing me to represent Team Vibram. It has been a blast.

Got a VP and another Summit on the way!

Anyways, do Vibram discs "beat in" like other discs, or do they stay where they are pretty much? Also, how does a VP compare stability wise to a Discraft Zone?

Can anybody talk to me about this?

Also, I went into PIA today and they had their last two Vibrams marked 24% off! So I had to jump on yet another regular Summit for $14.50 out the door! They have a VP there too, I almost bought it, but I have one comming in the mail. So I want to make sure I actually like it first before ending up with two of them :D

Can anybody talk to me about this?

Also, I went into PIA today and they had their last two Vibrams marked 24% off! So I had to jump on yet another regular Summit for $14.50 out the door! They have a VP there too, I almost bought it, but I have one comming in the mail. So I want to make sure I actually like it first before ending up with two of them :D

From what I remember people saying, the firms may start out a little bit more stable, but after a few trees they beat in a bit. However, the meds don't really beat in much and are pretty much the way they are.

*edit* Oh, and congrats on your new discs. I wish I could find somewhere locally to buy vibram. We're lucky to even have a hookah lounge that sells Innova (at a bit high prices) and a dude that gets innova at costs and resells them.

The vibram putters do not really beat in. They will change ever so slightly over time but not like a wizard that will start stable and beat into a straight to turning putter. I have a proto VP that I have had for 3 years, used for 100's of rounds, drive wih it, hit 4 billion trees with it, and it is still as overstable as ever. Don't wait for, say a ridge, to beat in. Just buy a ridge and a summit and you are good to go. They are all the same top with a different size bead on em.

VP is shorter than the Zone, I have both and often carry both in my bag a the same time. I would say that the zone may be slightly more overstable but it is also faster so it is a hard comparison to make exactly.

I only got 10 throws or so with my Trek tester on Sunday but I would give it the Innova-style rating of 7/5/-2/3 (I felt the Ascent was 7/4/-1/3 and no, I don't have an Eagle). It certainly turned over more easily but seemed to stay aloft a bit longer with the same fade at the end. Feel free to disagree with my fade rating. The point is the glide and a noticeable amount of greater understability. I'm not sure it's different enough from the Ascent to really NEED both in the bag. Not done testing either. I do prefer the Trek for thumbers over the Ascent.

That almost seems like too much glide for the Ascent IMO. I would give my medium more of a 3 on glide.

I don't think there's a ton more glide than the Ascent but I didn't want to get into decimals.

Mr. America, populate your DGCR disc list. That would make it easier for us to compare the VP to other discs in your bag.

I've thrown the Trek for 3 or 4 rounds now & it's a pretty sweet disc. Seems alot like my E-L, high speed turn & predictable fade, without the break-in time. I love my E-L but if the Trek keeps flying like it the Eagle may be gone, especially since the flight shouldn't change much over time. I have the regular X-Link & it is GRIPTASTIC!! It is very flexible but not floppy, feels great. I've never thrown an Ascent so can't compare the two, but it does seem to have great glide.

I am really hoping that all this holds true with the Trek having more glide. I love my Ascent, but it just doesn't have enough glide for tailwind drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts