• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so damn excited to get my ascent today. I have a Po box and I've already been down to check it twice today. I've told my gf I will be unavailable for a few hours after it comes so I can go play with it.

Still love my Traks, but my 168 Ascent has been getting a lot of love lately. Especially since I keep losing Traks.

What is a putter that's most like the wizard? And the warlock? And what driver is closest to Teebird and mid to a buzz?? I love there feel and thinking bout trying them out

What is a putter that's most like the wizard? And the warlock? And what driver is closest to Teebird and mid to a buzz?? I love there feel and thinking bout trying them out

VP would have the closest flight to a Wizard. It wouldn't beat in any time soon though. It would stay overstable for years. The Ridge would be closest to a beat in Wizard.

The Sole looks, feels and flies most like the Warlock. Probably the closest match in this post to the original.

The Ascent is more like a star Eagle X than a Teebird. It would be the closest.

The Ibex would be the closest to a Buzzz.

None of these matches are exact, but all are relatively close. I like all of the Vibram molds. I carry all of them in cold or wet weather.

Anyone sitting on or know of any real good looking Traks at their local shops? I've been having trouble finding some good color combo's in them.

Please don't point me to eBay and/or DiscGolfCenter, I already cleaned them out.

hyzer farm has some pretty sick looking ones.

Went out today to try to find a new mid, was looking for a flat Z Buzzz. Local retailer had the whole Vibram line (minus obex) and after much toiling I decided on a firm 178 ibex. This thing is the truth. It flies like a buzzz when thrown low and on a hyzer, but thrown high it doesn't run out of steam like the buzzz. I've had some long high anhyzers with it already that impressed me. I like that it doesn't want to fight out of an anhyzer, but will hold a gentle to extreme hyzer for its whole flight. For distance i had no trouble getting it out to about 360 with just a touch of hyzer, it flipped a little and held a tight little S curve that ultimately ends up going straight. Definately good distance for me with a midrange that I don't have trouble ranging.

I'm sold. The local brick and mortar is going to get a nice chunk of my next paycheck. Plus they are buy 3 get 1 free...

Went out today to try to find a new mid, was looking for a flat Z Buzzz. Local retailer had the whole Vibram line (minus obex) and after much toiling I decided on a firm 178 ibex. This thing is the truth. It flies like a buzzz when thrown low and on a hyzer, but thrown high it doesn't run out of steam like the buzzz. I've had some long high anhyzers with it already that impressed me. I like that it doesn't want to fight out of an anhyzer, but will hold a gentle to extreme hyzer for its whole flight. For distance i had no trouble getting it out to about 360 with just a touch of hyzer, it flipped a little and held a tight little S curve that ultimately ends up going straight. Definately good distance for me with a midrange that I don't have trouble ranging.

I'm sold. The local brick and mortar is going to get a nice chunk of my next paycheck. Plus they are buy 3 get 1 free...

That's a tasty review. Welcome to Vibram land.

Finally got my aspect today. Had a mix up with the mail that added two extra days. Not vibrams fault, purely the superstars at the post office.

My first couple throws I was just speechless. The grip is superb to any disc I've ever thrown. It just feels right. I threw a couple beautiful anhyzers. Within the first tosses I was out to about 320. I only throw my eagle 300. I couldnt be happier.

So our shop got a few med obex's (obexii?) and the one I got is amazing. The glide is just sick. More glide than any stable mid I have ever used. My wasps are at serious risk right now.

Having imbibed the kool aid I recently acquired; a 173 medium Trak, 167 firm Ascent, 173 firm Sole and Ridge.

First off I just want to say that these are the grippiest discs I've ever owned. The Trak flies most like my beloved TLs but it seems to pull out of a turn sooner which will hopefully change with wear. Perhaps dropping 10 grams will give me a better turnover disc out of the box and firmer plastic will not rob distance from my rollers.

My 168 firm Ascent flies exactly as advertised. Slight turn like an Eagle X, but fades less and hardly skips. I have been very accurate with this one and it has been my longest disc on the course. I can trust it not to go far past where it land. It does seem to glide less than other discs but the consistent flight path and superior grip make this my workhorse. My longest shot with this one was about 405', which is right around where I top out with fairways. Its in the bag and probably my favorite driver.

The Sole. I bought it because it feels the most like my trusty Warlock. It flies just a little more stable than my Warlock on drives and a much more stable for putting. I'm not too sold on this one because of the Ridge.

The Ridge is awesome for upshots and short drives. I can rely on it for drives up to 300 as long as they don't require a ton of turn. It takes a hard anhyzer really well, but when its done flying its DONE. So very consistent. For putting I prefer it over the Sole, mainly because it seems to park every upshot. I've yet to get a Summit, but that is on my list of things to do.

So our shop got a few med obex's (obexii?) and the one I got is amazing. The glide is just sick. More glide than any stable mid I have ever used. My wasps are at serious risk right now.

I bought a medium 173 Obex and took it to the field next door along with my trusty Pain.

Same lines, same glide, same fade, same distance. Very surprised! The Pain has been broken in pretty well. The Obex is a winner. I like the grip of medium X-link in wet and/or cold weather. I am set, year round.

I bought a medium 173 Obex and took it to the field next door along with my trusty Pain.

Same lines, same glide, same fade, same distance. Very surprised! The Pain has been broken in pretty well. The Obex is a winner. I like the grip of medium X-link in wet and/or cold weather. I am set, year round.
Have you noticed the smaller diameter? That was the selling point for me and my girly hands. Fits perfect.

Have you noticed the smaller diameter? That was the selling point for me and my girly hands. Fits perfect.

I have pretty big hands, so that doesn't really matter to me, but it is the same diameter as the Pain also. The only difference in the hand is the feel of the plastic vs. rubber.

They aren't identical. The Obex has a bigger "nose" and a more pronounced bead on the outside. The Pain has the Lat64 dome. Otherwise... so close. I can use the same motion for the same result. Awesome!

Vibram needs to get a driver that's close to a Flow and I'd be set for the winter.

I hope Vibrams driver is a unique disc like all their molds have been. Flow is just more eurotrash plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.