• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi teebob, Have you tried the Ibex, Obex and Sole? These discs were designed to have more glide than our initial lineup of putters.

Yes, I have tried everything in yalls line up. I think the molds are solid and I still recomend them to people sometime. I really dig the ascent and trak and use them regularly.

Hi teebob, Have you tried the Ibex, Obex and Sole? These discs were designed to have more glide than our initial lineup of putters.

Once the Ibex gets a little seasoning on it, it glides forever. In the field, it's routinely sailing past my Buzzzes. As a result, Buzzzes are out of the bag and Ibex/Obex combo is getting most of my midrange work.

So where's the driver at? I'm patiently twitting my thumbs lol

You and me both, I think were are holding at the two months out timeframe. Unfortunately the clock is not running until I hear something from all the testers out there. One of these days Mr. Dodge will make me a tester and I will be able to answer this question better.

got a sole to replace that very same disc and i think i found it
I wasn't looking to replace my Aviar P&A but the Sole completely replaced it and it throws more easily as well for me (as opposed to putting). I can't say enough godo things about the Sole.

The Obex is killing it for midrange and putting for me. It's awesome for Ring of Fire, cause it's usually the first one there, and at 178, there's not too many discs that knock it out of the way. The ibex has been getting some crazy tournament rolls after low putts- I need to fix that.

I wasn't looking to replace my Aviar P&A but the Sole completely replaced it and it throws more easily as well for me (as opposed to putting). I can't say enough godo things about the Sole.

I recently switched to a medium Sole from my ESP FLX Challengers since I didn't like how slippery the ESP was (and not a big fan of elite-x or pro-d). After about a week of using the Sole, I am loving it for pretty much everything. CryZtal Challenger still gets the driving duties, though.

Anyone else chucking their red/black '12 VO Discs? Its strange being able to choose between M and F grips. I like.

Anyone else chucking their red/black '12 VO Discs? Its strange being able to choose between M and F grips. I like.

I've been playing with the grip on it a lot while sitting on the couch watching TV, but haven't thrown it yet. I have a Summit and Ascent. Since I don't throw Ascents, I'll likely keep that one in 10/10 condition, but I really should get some throws in with the summit.

I recently got a Summit (Thanks Secret Santa!) and it immediately got a place in the bag for short (150') approaches. This thing is like a laser, and, will hold a great anny or hyzer line.
I recently aquired an Ascent, and during initial field tests, I don't see it replacing any drivers in the bag :(

I recently got a Summit (Thanks Secret Santa!) and it immediately got a place in the bag for short (150') approaches. This thing is like a laser, and, will hold a great anny or hyzer line.
I recently aquired an Ascent, and during initial field tests, I don't see it replacing any drivers in the bag :(

:thmbup:

Summits are great. It's my go-to approach disc. I love to power it down on an anny line for short approach. I get a very nice predictable slow right to left turn right into the ground where it sticks.

After reading thru some of this thread, looks like I'll be trying out more Vibram discs.
Never really were available in my area, and I'm the type that likes to handle before I buy.
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!
:clap:

No. One for the wall (Ridge) , and one for a brother's birthday present (Sole). How are they flying for you?

Throwing the Summit. Might fly a touch more stable than normal ones. The black/red in the air is sweet though. Its def in the bag, playing an event this weekend on a tightly wooded course. It will be a nice compliment to my well broken in Summit.

I've been throwing my VO ridge alongside my regular ones, one beat to a sunken center and one with just a few knicks and a small slice on the top but completely flat like new. The VO is considerably more stable than the other two. On drives is gets about 10-15' less distance on about what feels to be equal power throws. Putting is another story, its may even be my new putter got a second coming soon, but its a weird but good feel. I'm not referring to the texture or grippyness but the firm side actually feels a little heavier. It may be just the density of it that I feel but I predominately hold the red medium side and I can definitely feel more mass shift from it on my snap. Of course it may all just be speculation in my head but I have a very good sense of "feel" in with my form. Any thoughts?

Whoops forgot the Flight comparison! DOH!

Seasoned Ridge - Slight tracking right with little to no fade, will hold whatever line you put on it.
Barely used ridge - Straight, straight, straight flight, will fade with about 20' or more air(dont quote me for accuracy please this is very general I have no meter stick or form of scale.)
VO ridge - Very straight flight with a VP like fade, kind of looked like a VP turn into its fade but didnt end on a 90 degree turn. Took a little bit more juice to make it fly like the barely used one. Didn't work too well on annys but mostly I just like putting with it.

It does look sooooo cool in flight. GOOD OL' TWOFACE!

Throwing the Summit. Might fly a touch more stable than normal ones. The black/red in the air is sweet though. Its def in the bag, playing an event this weekend on a tightly wooded course. It will be a nice compliment to my well broken in Summit.

Good luck this weekend.

Any chance we can get a story and video of your VO ace. At least I thought I saw you had an ace.

Good luck this weekend.

Any chance we can get a story and video of your VO ace. At least I thought I saw you had an ace.

I did in fact ace, it was pretty sweet. It was hole 15 and It came at a great time, considering I had just missed 3 putts inside the circle on my last 4 holes. Putts weren't really falling for me at the VO, which is kinda scary considering how well I was throwing the disc. No video out there, unfortunately!

Crazy thing was, we had a black ace on our card earlier that round! Nate Krahn black aced hole 8! He paid up for that and for my ace, which was nice (there is no ace pot at the VO).

I have one of the VO12 Ridge's. At first I didnt even know it was 2 different plastics until someone pointed it out. Before I knew about it, my first throw I was like holy crap its borderline zone stability and I kinda liked it. I throw it on the same hole later on in the day and it flew dead straight with way less fade. I thought maybe my form was off but then throw it on the next hole and it was a meat hook again. Then I realized it all depends on which side you grip it. Its pretty much 2 discs in 1. The firm side feels heavier which is probably the reason for the different flights.
This might be the next new technology after blizzard and ti plastic.

My Vibram discs shined in the rain this last weekend.. At the Old Settlers Open in Olathe Ks, we played in the remnants of hurricane Isaac.. after all attempts to keep things dry failed I noticed my medium Ridge still felt a little grippy :) I then dug in the bag a little deeper for my medium Trak and Ascent... bingo!! I had all shots covered for the wet and windy conditions. I came back 11 strokes in the second round for second place tie 1 out of the lead...In every tournament I have played after some great up shots with my Ridge and pretty fair putting game, someone always has to reach in the basket and feel my red swirly putter and comment how they are starting to hate that disc when I pull it out of the bag :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts